Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

Dodgy last ball before lunch. Deonarine having a nap at the non-strikers end while Chanderpaul wants to steal a single. Deo was short of the line when Wade made impact with the stumps, but an undeserving not out decision from the 3rd umpire.

Lyon has hit back today I see. Will be tricky getting a result, need to get them out soon so we have a bit of a safety net to try and bat aggressively.

Second 5'fer for Lyon, brings his test average down under 30 now. A few hundred points off my fantasy score after missing him and Roach :facepalm

Wow good bowling by Lyon.Still WI are 50+ runs are behind.They are looking to get a reasonable lead over Aussies at one stage and now it is likely that they won't even cross 280.They need to get Australia out under 225 to give themselves a chance in this match which i guess will be difficult for them

Last edited:
West Indies v Australia, 2nd Test, Port-of-Spain: Ottis Gibson critical of DRS use | Cricket News | West Indies v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

Can't quite figure out what Gibson is whining about here. The only DRS "mistake" he referenced was Clarke from the 1st test.

As for the now, one of the Windies top order batsman was given out lbw and had he referred, it might've been overturned.. that's his fault.
Roach was given out caught behind, but in replays it looked inconclusive to Windies commentators, however they had already wasted their reviews so it was not up to DRS.
Clarke was given out lbw and DRS showed he was struck outside the line, correctly overturned and Michael Holding has a bit of a cry.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good whinging session Gibbo :thumbs

A bit over-confident with our slight lead. Devastating over from Roach to remove the two key aggressors Warner and Watson. Both Cowan and Ponting on shaky ground after a dropped sitter and near run out.

Jeez, this rain is really starting to ruin another action-packed test involving Australia. We were just starting to get on top after Ponting produced another opportunity and we accelerated the run rate to 2 rpo.

Cowan's the next Simon Katich, you'll see. A fighting century is only just around the corner, then the floodgates will open.

^^Geez I hope so. I was very supportive of Cowan's selection. A player who doesn't swing wildly at the new ball, who was in good form. But Cowan's game doesn't really suit these conditions. He's admitted as such in an article on cricinfo this morning. Good experience for him though, lets see how much potential he has to improve.

I miscounted my days...:( I thought this was day 3 stumps, but nope there's only 1 day left...

Australia could get a 250 lead by lunch with some decent batting, and Clarke would probably declare if last match's aggressiveness is a guide. Of course WI could roll the lower order and chase less than 200. Could be an interesting day...hopefully it's fine.

Mitchell Starc might be making his return if Harris isn't fit or we ditch the duo spin. Pattinson is out for the series on top of Siddle.

Users who are viewing this thread