Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

Roach is closing in on his first test 10'fer.. and there it is! Too bad for the lad that the weather had to intervene and cost him a possible match winning performance.

Great going by Roach. Excellent performance, stayed aggressive all the way and it payed off. Could have been over sooner if Sammy had been more aggressive in the field.

might still have been interesting if the windies could call on Gayle to launch a chase. but even 3 runs an over is asking a lot on this pitch and that RR has been and gone.

----------

or if clarke declares like a bat from hell.

Sammy was more pumped than Roach about the 10'fer. I think he's done a pretty good job as captain on this tour. If not for the rain in this match, we could be level across all forms with one test remaining. Not bad against the best all round side.

----------

Hilfy! Both openers gone in two cracking overs. Powell missed the review that could've saved him in the first innings and wasted one on this occasion. Barath never looked like hanging around long. Hopefully Sammy plays a smart innings after promoting himself to 3 and me giving him a rap.

Wow Australia have picked up to quick wickets this is becoming interesting.Australia now have a fair chance of winning this one.Sammy is looking to counter attack now.If he thinks they can chase it then it may be difficult but yeah they can.Atleast both teams are playing for a result atm

Last edited:
Sammy up the order means they are chasing this for sure. they need to call Pollard, Bravo, Russell and the big man Chris Gayle :p

love to see a captain do that, very much taking a leading role and rallying everyone.

this could be really interesting, it's in the windies interest to attack, the quicker they make australia pull back in the field the easier a time they'll have.

Now that I see we've given them 60 odd overs, weather and light permitting, to chase this total, a few extra runs by not declaring and telling Patto to man up would've been nice.

----------

Damn, 2pm and going off for bad light just as the game starts to heat up.. then rain arrives before they're even off the field.

Sammy was more pumped than Roach about the 10'fer. I think he's done a pretty good job as captain on this tour. If not for the rain in this match, we could be level across all forms with one test remaining. Not bad against the best all round side.

I think he has done well as captain since he took over the side but at times his defensive field placing is worrying. As soon as someone goes on to attack he pushes everyone back. He was really defensive in the first test when Harris and Lyon put on that big partnership.

Sad that rain and bad light had to ruin an exciting finish to a good test. Glad to see the fighting spirit of the West Indies.
Not happy with them dropping Bishoo from the 3rd test squad, given up on him and that might ruin the guys confidence especially since Narine came in as the preferred One Day option.
Also a big blow with Kirk Edwards not being fit for the 3rd test, Asad Fudadin comes in to replace him.

A real shame. A good series developing here.

I see Roach took 10 wickets. Is he not a bit quick? I thought he was. He had a run-in with Kallis last year I thought - short-pitched stuff.

Again tho', Aussies v Windies - that's a 5-test series isn't it? It has to be.

A real shame. A good series developing here.

I see Roach took 10 wickets. Is he not a bit quick? I thought he was. He had a run-in with Kallis last year I thought - short-pitched stuff.

Again tho', Aussies v Windies - that's a 5-test series isn't it? It has to be.

No its only a 3 test series. The one in Dominica is the last of the 3. The two teams haven't played a 5 test series in a while.
And yes Roach is quick. Normally operates in the 140+kph range.

Hope Starc gets the nod over Beer tonight, regardless of how the pitch is. He was unlucky to only play one test against India, so I'd like to see him get the opportunity to cement his place in the squad.

The forecast is saying more rain is on the way, would be a disappointing way to end a close series if it arrives, but if you're kicking ass in the fantasy cricket game, you won't mind so much.

Register here.

Users who are viewing this thread