Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

Very happy for Wade showed exactly why I wanted him in the side. No more throwing away of the wicket from our keeper and also has the ability to launch.

Otis Gibson, WICB and Sammy and of course the press may think that we have turned a corner and the current team is doing well and don't need the old guns, but the is the furthers thing from the truth. We are weak at the top and middle, in fact batting wise we just not there, Gayle, Sars, Samuels and Shiv would form a much deeper batting structure.

Playing a long innings without scoring runs will not get us close to the Aussies score:noway

and neither is possible if you don't have anyone to bat with on the other side. The sad story of Shivs career over the past 5-6 years.

and neither is possible if you don't have anyone to bat with on the other side. The sad story of Shivs career over the past 5-6 years.

Yes a very sad reality. There was just no fight from these guys yet I keep hearing talk of they having the ability to give England a run Jah!!!

Wow, 8 down at stumps. I guess the demons in the pitch resurrected themselves over the lunchbreak. Cozier and Holding's flat one obviously didn't last long.

Cowan looks to have redeemed himself with a few catches and a run out. I see he had to leave the field after taking a shot to the wrist late in the day. At least he'll have plenty of time to recover after this match, and we shouldn't need him for the second innings.

The Windies commentators were talking about how much the pitch had magically flattened out after Wade scored his century. Let's see how flat it is when they're 3/20.
The fact remains that the batsmen, including Wade struggled to find scoring shots on day 1. It did start to look easier for Wade when he let loose and some of that does go towards slogging the spinner and taking the rough infield out of the equation. Obviously this pushed the field back and a bit of chaos ensued, but it's understandable given the onslaught. They took a new ball too; I think the old ball did dry up the runs as Wade really took to the 2nd ball when it was about 10-20 overs old. In fact, the last 20 overs of the innings cost 102 and the tail only made 19 of them.

I normally like the Windies commentators, but they've been getting under my skin a bit on this tour. Just irked me when they commented on the pitch being flat and perfect for batting while Wade's celebrating his century.. then their team comes out and drops 8 wickets in no time.

Someone mentioned Holding was having a go at Clarke for bringing on Warner, no surprise what happened a few balls later! I was watching the highlight so only caught the back end and he was tasting his humble pie.

Someone mentioned Holding was having a go at Clarke for bringing on Warner, no surprise what happened a few balls later! I was watching the highlight so only caught the back end and he was tasting his humble pie.

Actually I was listening to the commentary at that time, it was Ian Bishop who said something to the effect of 'I think with a wicket recently lost, it would be a better move to get in a frontline bowler' and within a couple of balls, Warner stuck!

I normally like the Windies commentators, but they've been getting under my skin a bit on this tour. Just irked me when they commented on the pitch being flat and perfect for batting while Wade's celebrating his century.. then their team comes out and drops 8 wickets in no time.

And I guess now the Aussies are following the same lead, ironic is it not?

Am I the only person who thinks England's fast bowling attack won't be any less worried if Warner turns up opening the batting than they were when Hughes did?

Actually I was listening to the commentary at that time, it was Ian Bishop who said something to the effect of 'I think with a wicket recently lost, it would be a better move to get in a frontline bowler' and within a couple of balls, Warner stuck!

Ah yep got my commies mixed up.

Haven't learnt much at all in regards to the batting in this series, Ponting has been the main guy copping it but he isn't alone in having a poor series.

Users who are viewing this thread