Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

Clarke showing he still got it, probably takes away the need to play Beer and Lyon again, might be a case for SOK and Lyon since SOK would add to the lower order batting.

I thought our lower-order batting is strong enough?

Well put it like this, if picking between Starc and Beer where their bowling effectiveness was basically the same then you would look into the batting and that is where Starc was more effective.

:p Hope you don't get whiplash from some of them mate. Guess am just pissed about the way we gave up today man!

Can understand your disappointment, but scoring 300 in the 4th innings on a pitch not conducive to runs, against the Aussie attack, is no easy feat. India barely crossed 200 against us on pitches we declared at 600+ on. We may have relied on the tail too much on this series, but I can't see any other team performing better than we did in these conditions.

The top 3 definitely need some work though, as Barath, Brathwaite and Powell just aren't particularly threatening. Kirk Edwards will bolster it a bit when he returns, but the others need to do a much better job.

A new strategy for mopping up the tail would go a long way too. It's demoralising for everyone when a total goes from below average to decent, then that fragile top order has to come out and face the bowlers that just added all those extra runs.

I guess it's the same old story for Windies fans, but Australia's not far off regaining the #1 test ranking, still #1 in ODIs, so if WI show up like that against the rest, I can see results going in their favour.

The spinners took 5 wickets in 23 overs, the quicks took 0 in 7. They were slogging the spinners, but getting out. It was the quick way.

Plus Clarke's captain now. If he manages his bowling right, he could feasibly look like an all-rounder in 50 years time when people just have stats to go on :p

Skittled India in India on a bunsen burner. Yeah 6-9 must be the best figures returned by a part-timer ever :p

The top 3 definitely need some work though, as Barath, Brathwaite and Powell just aren't particularly threatening. Kirk Edwards will bolster it a bit when he returns, but the others need to do a much better job.

I guess it's the same old story for Windies fans, but Australia's not far off regaining the #1 test ranking, still #1 in ODIs, so if WI show up like that against the rest, I can see results going in their favour.

Well time will tell with the list called out for England. But I guess that is another discussion. The Aussies had to work for their win, they did well in Shane's backyard and even having free VIP tickets I could not have gone, work before cricket:p. Congrats on keeping our trophy:noway

Skittled India in India on a bunsen burner. Yeah 6-9 must be the best figures returned by a part-timer ever :p

Haha, that was some pitch. I was in the stands on all the two days and a few overs that game lasted. First day, it rained till after tea. Second day, India were bowled out for 100, Australia scored 200. Third day, India scored some 1870/4 or something and then Clarke came on.

Suddenly the Indian innings vanished into a black-hole. 200 all out.

Australia needed 100 odd to win. Bowled out in the 80s. Match over on the third day. What a match, should have more of bowling friendly pitches - spin-friendly or hard, bouncy or green and seaming - to make Test cricket more spicy.

Skittled India in India on a bunsen burner. Yeah 6-9 must be the best figures returned by a part-timer ever
I think it was Wankhede. Murali Kartik also got some wickets if I remember, left arm spinner. Clarke bowled pretty well too.

Users who are viewing this thread