Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not bad squads, interested to see the test one and who actually makes the XI after the preceding ODIs/T20s. Assuming everyone is fit, Watson should just walk in to Marsh's place from the side that's been so dominant, but Forrest could put some pressure on Cowan or Warner if they don't make some shield or ODI runs in the meantime.

Would like to see: Warner, Cowan, Watson, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey
Alternatively: Warner/Cowan, Watson, Forrest, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey

or switch Ponting and Forrest, might be better, doesn't really matter when you're 2/20 anyway.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
WI has named their 30 man training squad:
Australia in West Indies, 2012: Chris Gayle left out of training squad to face Australia | West Indies Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

No Chris Gayle. Bravo and Pollard aren't on contracts but are at least in the 30.

Tino Best? The fried chicken is that ?????

He still has the same problems he had at the start of his career almost 10 years ago (no balls, wides, no control over line and length) and they select him over a host of youngsters who could have benefited from being around the senior team.
IMO Gayle should just retire from test cricket and play One Day cricket. Kraig Brathwaite only plays test cricket and there isn't another good ODI opener for WI. Against India they used Simmons, Barath, Hyatt and Powell as openers and got only one half century from Simmons. Also the highest opening partnership in that ODI series was 18 :facepalm
But before any of that happens this thing between Gayle and WICB has to be solved and the easiest way to do that is to get rid of the entire WICB.

War

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair to Tino Best i think he has been bowling really well in the last 2 months or so in the caribbean t20 and regional 4-day. So i'd say he deserves to be considered by the selectors again at least.

Plus yes the entire WICB has to go. That St.lucian conglomerate (Hunte, Hilaire and Sammy) that has taken over windies cricket is just disgusting.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair to Tino Best i think he has been bowling really well in the last 2 months or so in the caribbean t20 and regional 4-day. So i'd say he deserves to be considered by the selectors again at least.

He has been bowling well but so have McClean, Holder, Coterrell. Best was average against Jamaica and T&T, the top two sides in the competition. I just dont think its worth investing in the same product that you had 10 years ago.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Clarke may be out for the whole series but luckily the Tests are over a month away. If worse comes to fore then Forrest has a chance to step up and probably force the selectors hand in retiring Hussey/Ponting.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
fried chicken my life they actually picked Tino Best.

Australia in West Indies 2012: Tino Best recalled for Australia ODIs | West Indies Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

No Gayle, Sarwan, Chanderpaul. Here is the weakest batting lineup in cricket. Who in the hell is going to open here with both Barath and Simmons injured. They are going to open with Johnson Charles and Kieran Powell? O this is going to be amazing, cant wait for this debacle. There are only a handfull of good things about this squad, Darren Bravo, Andre Russell, Kemar Roach and Narine and Bishoo.

Anyways from the amazing choices they made I would go with this.

Charles
Powell
Samuels
Darren Bravo
Pollard
Russell
Ramdin +
Sammy
Narine
Bishoo
Roach

But ofcrouse that wont happen since they love using Samuels and the spinner they will drop Bishoo or Narine and put the amazing Tino Best in there. Or even Dwayne Bravo.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well I can understand your frustration over Tino Best do the selectors really think he is the BEST? :p

Gayle Gayle Gayle.. After going through War's post now I understand why he is actually out. The St Lucian gang of Hunte, Hilaire and Sammy and I see Gayle not bowing down.

One bad thing Gayle did was he himself handed the captaincy back last year before world cup. Now I completely understand the sudden rise of Darren Sammy as captain of West Indies side at a time when he was no where near to the team :spy

Politics needs to be eradicated from West Indies cricket for its growth or else we will soon remember West Indies dominating but now struggling like minnows.

That squad is utter bull ???? tbh. No Shiv? No Sarwan? come on man you are facing the No 1 side who is respecting you by bringing a full strengthed team

War

Chairman of Selectors
He has been bowling well but so have McClean, Holder, Coterrell. Best was average against Jamaica and T&T, the top two sides in the competition. I just dont think its worth investing in the same product that you had 10 years ago.

Which games vs these teams are you referring to specially, since i dont recall this.

Cricket_60

International Coach
Absolutely atrocious scheduling in having the Aussies fly out the morning after the final ODI. Surely completing almost 3 months of gruelling cricket entitles you to at least one night at home?

Anyway, Australia should win the tests comfortably. ODIs/T20s will be much closer.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Here's my prediction:-
Tests:Australia will win 3-0(3 Tests)
ODIs:Australia will win 5-0(5 ODIs)
T20s:I expect Australia to win this 2-0 but anything is possible in T20 cricket..

Overall this should be a clean sweep for Aussies in Tests and ODIs.No hard feelings West Indies fans but West Indies is not good enough to win the Test and ODI series.I hope my predictions are proven wrong because I also happen to like the West Indies team very much and hope for their success:thumbs

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Which games vs these teams are you referring to specially, since i dont recall this.

In this years 4 day competition. In the combined 4 inning he bowled against the two teams twice he got taken at almost 7 an over. Then he went and improved his figures against Combined Campuses and Colleges. Against quality competition he will get taken apart.
When he bowled against Pakistan in his last ODI he got taken apart while every other fast bowler had a field day.
Like I said he is 30 years old now. How long will he play? Certainly not until the next world cup and that's what the West Indies should be looking forward to.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Here's my prediction:-
Tests:Australia will win 3-0(3 Tests)
ODIs:Australia will win 5-0(5 ODIs)
T20s:I expect Australia to win this 2-0 but anything is possible in T20 cricket..

Overall this should be a clean sweep for Aussies in Tests and ODIs.No hard feelings West Indies fans but West Indies is not good enough to win the Test and ODI series.I hope my predictions are proven wrong because I also happen to like the West Indies team very much and hope for their success:thumbs

I like your enthusiasm, but I think Australia loses at least one of the limited overs game. We've been just a bit too random recently, either our batting or bowling is failing in EVERY match.

Depending on the pitches there might be a draw in the Tests. Aussie bowling was good over summer, but I'm guessing there'll be a lot less grass on the pitches and guys like Siddle and Hilfy won't be able to find that extra seam movement.

War

Chairman of Selectors
In this years 4 day competition. In the combined 4 inning he bowled against the two teams twice he got taken at almost 7 an over. Then he went and improved his figures against Combined Campuses and Colleges. Against quality competition he will get taken apart.
When he bowled against Pakistan in his last ODI he got taken apart while every other fast bowler had a field day.
Like I said he is 30 years old now. How long will he play? Certainly not until the next world cup and that's what the West Indies should be looking forward to.

Well yes in the Jamaica and Trini games he was expensive in one innings and good in the next innings.

So clearly he needs to work on his consistency. But he took 6 wickets in what was reported to be the very competitive Windies practice game recently, which was encouraging.

With Rampaul injured and Edwards not being used in ODIs by the selectors, i cannot think of a better form bowler in the Caribbean ATM.

Maybe Shanon Gabriel, but the selectors want to introduce him international cricket via tests in the future.

All selection also can't be with a aim to the world cup, since i'm sure you would agree C'Paul should have been picked as a stop gap measure instead of two green openers in Charles and Powell.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
So clearly he needs to work on his consistency. But he took 6 wickets in what was reported to be the very competitive Windies practice game recently, which was encouraging.

But hasn't that been a Tino Best thing since he started his career? Inconsistent and expensive. If he hasn't learned in his 10 years of cricket then what makes you think he will now. Also what we are talking about is First Class cricket this year, imagine what will happen to him in ODI cricket.
He played 2 matches for Barbados in this years 50 over competition and took 2 wickets at 26 with an economy rate of 5.77.
In the limited overs game I would take Krishmar Santokie over Best any day and also the young Jason Holder had a much better One Day tournament.

All selection also can't be with a aim to the world cup, since i'm sure you would agree C'Paul should have been picked as a stop gap measure instead of two green openers in Charles and Powell.

No not all selection can be aimed at the world cup but that is the WI goal as I read somewhere when Sammy got named as captain. They said they were looking at building a team for the next world cup as I recall. I got no problem with Chanderpaul being out if Gayle and/or Sarwan are there. In this case I would have selected him as a middle order batsman because they cant rely on Samuels and young Bravo to be the only proper batsman in that middle order. The situation with the openers was forced upon them because of injuries to Barath and Simmons.

Users who are viewing this thread