Australia

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Glad to see Hussey there and also Nannes as backup. For some reason he has continued to be overlooked for ODI cricket, but I suppose there wasn't much else there as Harris and McKay are injured.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I guess most probably David Hussey. Come on! Cameron White is so lethal at the end. Aussies can't afford to drop him.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I guess most probably David Hussey. Come on! Cameron White is so lethal at the end. Aussies can't afford to drop him.

Yea although White's form is a bit iffy ATM, im very reluctant to axe him.

But you know i sort of feel Clarke should be benched, since i get the feeling Ponting wants to have the options of BOTH Smith & Dussey spin to back-up Krejza.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
OO

Yea although White's form is a bit iffy ATM, im very reluctant to axe him.

But you know i sort of feel Clarke should be benched, since i get the feeling Ponting wants to have the options of BOTH Smith & Dussey spin to back-up Krejza.

Don't tell me. Clarke is the main middle order batsman. And He plays spin very very good. Though not in much form, but such batsmen can be dangerous at any time.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Glad to see Hussey there and also Nannes as backup. For some reason he has continued to be overlooked for ODI cricket, but I suppose there wasn't much else there as Harris and McKay are injured.

Yep one of the long list of dumb selectorial decision of the past 2 years by Hilditch & co. It was highly distgusting to see blikes of like Laughlin, Hazlewood, Starc, McKay getting picked over Nannes. Only thing it hasn't affected the ODI set-up since unlike the test side, the limited overs teams have been doing well in general.

Id even argue Nannes was a better ODI option than Bollinger also.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I knew you'd love Nannes War...:yes I tend to agree with your sentiment about Nannes, particularly since no one else is fit - and I don't rate Siddle much.

However, to imply that the selectors were idiotic not to pick Nannes eons ago is a little harsh. He's an almost 35 year old guy with a poor Ryobi Cup record (the 2 seasons prior to this summer he'd taken 9 wickets in 10 games, @51.67 average, with economy around 5). That's 2 good reasons not to be picked. Sure when you watch him bowl in T20s you wonder how he can miss out I know, but surely you can understand why the selectors didn't go for him and went for young guys instead.

Nannes is like the reverse Haddin. Haddin has a good ODI, but awful T20 record - when you think he'd be perfect for T20. Nannes has the good T20, but average OD record - where you think he should excel too. Yet sometimes you need to pick people despite their record. I think Nannes is the right call here. Good idea too to take Hussey and have Nannes on call. Hussey will actually get into the XI, while Nannes could have been doing nothing for the rest of the tournament.

Who would he replace in the XI, White or Dussey?

I think he'd replace Dave. Smith has been bowling well, so Dave's bowling is less important. White is the more senior player than Dave too, so he'll get the chance to bat himself into form in the next 3 games before the quarters. Although if it were me selecting, I'd rest Watson and maybe Clarke for a game each against these minnows and play both Husseys and White, as a kind of bat-off to see which of them shows the spark.

Left field call would for M.Hussey to replace Smith and just rely on Dave Hussey and Watson for other 10 overs. Then you'd have Mike at #5, Dave at #6 and maybe bump White down to #7.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The easy option would be dumping White and hoping Dussey can do his role but better. That gives us 4 spinning options and covers 3 of the spin arts.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The easy option would be dumping White and hoping Dussey can do his role but better. That gives us 4 spinning options and covers 3 of the spin arts.

Lets dump Krejza and stick with Big Bear :D

Watson
Haddin
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
White
Dussey
Smith
Johnson
Lee
Tait

Go AUSSIE !! :cheers

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
The lineup is more than perfect . Smith is a regular bowler plus wicket taker since the CB series . Watto is dangerously good while Dussey can be used as more than a part timer . I however would drop Cameron and replace him with Fergie .

Watson (5)
Haddin
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Ferguson
Dussey/Krejza (6)
Smith (4)
Johnson (3)
Lee (2)
Tait (1)

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Krejza rips the ball but if you land it halfway down the track it doesn't matter if you turn it 3 inches or 3 feet because you're gonna get whacked either way. Krejza hasn't figured out the length.

Users who are viewing this thread