Australian ODI tour of the United Kingdom and Ireland, June-July 2010

If Ponting tons up I'll jizz.

If Ponting gets out now, you deserve to get tied up and jizzed over by ... ah screw it don't have the imagination.

The run rate is slowish and a few balls have beaten the bat, we don't need many runs.

Good that Clarke is out, even though his foot got back in, but no 3rd umpire for this match, maybe the umpires didnt want a Clarke borefest all afternoon. Very very slow low pitch.

Ooh! Australia seem to be struggling a bit. Should be interesting to see if Ireland can sustain this pressure and not let Aus run rampant in the last 10-odd overs.

Gee, well that's done it :/

As Aj said Paine needs to stick around and let White/Hussey get the quick runs. Ton up son!

Tbh Clarke is the kind of guy that could play well on this type of pitch. It's the flat pitches were he should be out early.

TumTum added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Ton up son!

He will get out before his 50 now.

White is looking really good these days, always looks to score and pushes things along.

Smooth, Rob :p But I agree, he's matured beyond recognition since becoming a lock in the limited overs sides. Just has to do this in FC cricket now!

Decent score. 9 times out of 10 if the Aussies struggle batting first you can almost guarantee the side batting 2nd will find it even harder, Ireland are a weak batting team but if Niall O'Brien fires it could be tough for us, but unlikely. On paper Paine looked slow but you can never judge an innings until the match is over.

I know this issue has been done to death, but if the ICC are fair dinkum about progressing Ireland to full member status and eventually Test cricket they will make them full members ASAP. Ireland only lost by 39 runs. Had Joyce and Morgan been in the team Ireland could've easily won and everybody would be talking about how much progress Ireland have made.

Put it into context how other nations would perform after losing their best 2 players

Australia-Ponting and Watson
Bangladesh-Tamim and Shakib
England-Pietersen and Swann
India-Tendulkar and Dhoni
NZ-Vettori and McCullum
Pakistan-Afridi and Asif
South Africa-Steyn/Smith and Kallis
Sri Lanka-Jayawardena and Sangakarra
West Indies-Gayle and Chanderpaul
Zimbabwe-Price and Taylor/Taibu/Masakadza/Chigumbura

Users who are viewing this thread