Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I don't understand why Stuart Clark hasn't been brought back for the ODI series. Or even for this Test series.

Stuart Clark is over the hill. Bowls too slow now and failed horribly last time in India. He only ever did very well in his first couple of series riding the McGrath/Warne coattails. After that he was solid, but that's it.

Bowlers have gone crap but really this is all done to our batsmen. The openers just aren't going on and after them their ain't much left although Ponting is starting to find form again.

I agree our 2nd innings play is awful right now, but with that said, you should be winning Test matches if you make 700 runs.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Just came from school, I was overjoyed on getting successive wins and not against a weaker team but against a team like Australia.Its really a pride for us to get a clean sweep.I guess I missed a lot of action.:yes

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I agree with MacGill's sentiment that a rookie bowler going to India is more than likely going to gets shafted if he has to play, but at 35, Clark is too much in the other direction. You want to pick someone who might have many seasons of value. It's not like he's a successful sub-continental bowler, either.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Just watched Sachin's speech. He's a great guy all round, certainly the best sportsman I have ever seen. It will be a very long time before we see a player that can be compared to Sachin.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I agree our 2nd innings play is awful right now, but with that said, you should be winning Test matches if you make 700 runs.
The most obvious thing to pick out of the 2nd innings is that the longer the innings went on, the harder it got. The tail were facing some dynamite reverse swing in the 70th over. The secret to India's success was that they didn't bat that long. India did bowl badly at the start of Australia's batting, too. Ponting did put in a good effort, but the top batsmen in the side have to be able to capitalise a lot more on an advantage.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought chasing 200+ target would be difficult, because 200 + target was not achieved on this ground; thanks to Pujara, Murli Vijay and Tendulkar...Tendulkar was really superb throughout the series....

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well there were injured Aussies bowlers for an excuse if some one is looking for. :p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Should Ponting retire from 50 overs too? He has found his touch back though in this series.

Gurjot95

National Board President
I guess the century has kept North place in Ashes. So we may see next North's century in 3rd Ashes test (considering he won't be allowed to be in team for 5th test if he failed consecutively for first 4 Ashes Tests). As cricinfo says-
Michael Clarke and Michael Hussey have had a tour they'd rather forget, while Marcus North's ongoing pattern suggests he'll be due for a century by about the third Ashes Test in Perth.

Users who are viewing this thread