Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

I won't mind listening to Roy when Bhajji is bowling to Punter.

I feel Aussies are going to take this, but it won't be easy. Taking unnecessary risk by not dropping Ishant. Aussies were smashing him around all over the park in that rain absorbed match in CT.

I feel Aussies are going to take this, but it won't be easy. Taking unnecessary risk by not dropping Ishant. Aussies were smashing him around all over the park in that rain absorbed match in CT.

That wont be the big reason if Aussies win this. The idea to retain him is not to completely discourage him because he is our big hope in the fast bowling department for the future. Zaheer is in his 30's and the way he gets injured, I think 2011 WC could be his end in ODI cricket (or a few months after that). And they are giving Ishant more time because more hopes are on him. Thats not a wrong idea. We might not agree with it, but I think I respect it.'

This time, we will do far better with the bowling. Hope we play two seamers and two spinners and Yuvi-Viru-Raina to take care of the 5th bowler. Pack up our batting with 7 batters. Nehra and Ishant to start off with, and then drop the worst performer of the two for Tyagi/Munaf.

I'd love nothing better than to see Ishant find his form back, but it just won't happen in this tour. Since the WC T20 he's been pathetic and that was a long time ago and he's been continuously playing since then. What he needs is a break, and the time to bring somebody else like Sreesanth back. He has his tantrums but he's also in the part of the future of Indian bowlers.

Looking forward to Tyagi though, one good move they made and I hope he creates an impression.

I'd love nothing better than to see Ishant find his form back, but it just won't happen in this tour. Since the WC T20 he's been pathetic and that was a long time ago and he's been continuously playing since then. What he needs is a break, and the time to bring somebody else like Sreesanth back. He has his tantrums but he's also in the part of the future of Indian bowlers.

Looking forward to Tyagi though, one good move they made and I hope he creates an impression.

If Tyagi clicks, he will go through the same cycle too (over hyped, and then finds his head on the chopping block once he doesnt live up to expectations). For the hype to go down, we need to start seeing fast bowlers who have a consistent good run when playing for India and so we will get used to it and wont hype a bowler who has a few great overs.

Fatigue could see a few changes to the first side picked. Holland might get a surprise call up to rest Hauritz although he would be pretty rested given how little he gets used. They may want to rest Lee.

Lol, worst thing to happen to Indian cricket would be Yuvraj leading us against Australia.

Give it to Viru, he's a great skipper.

(If Dhoni is gone, that is)

I'm really eager to see what this Tyagi can do.It would have been sweet if Sreesanth had made his comeback.Im guessing we cant see a full strength Indian Team forever.Yuvraj and Sehwag coming in and Dhoni goes out(if that happens).:noway

Yuvi isn't playing the first ODI it seems. Kohli and Jadeja might both play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread