Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

We have Dhoni to waste balls and Tendleya also does that against some times. Don't need Dravid.

Slightly harsh, but yeah. I think Dhoni's got into that mindset that he wants to prove that he can score slowly and gradually accelerate throughout his innings. He's just playing more responsibly because he's captain.

Here's proof.

stattv.png

Last edited:
I think in chasing big total india rely on yuvi and in the absence of him india struggled to accelerate the innings in the middle and end part

Althrough praveen helped today india but you cant depend on a tailender to score runs quickly

why did lee only bowl 6 overs?

ask punter

paki007 added 3 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Slightly harsh, but yeah. I think Dhoni's got into that mindset that he wants to prove that he can score slowly and gradually accelerate throughout his innings. He's just playing more responsibly because he's captain.

Here's proof.

stattv.png

There is no doubt on MS but indian middle order really struggled today.
Their real strenght is their batting but today i would say that they were outplayer by the aussie bowler atleast when they were on 201/7

Here's proof.

stattv.png

Look at drop in strike rate.

Look at drop in strike rate.

He's got to sacrifice one or the another. He can't have the best of both worlds, i.e, have a hig average and a high strike rate.

Leggie added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Phew . Too close for comfort aussie. Better be ready on 28th:crying

I'm guessing you're so patriotic, that you are in tears over next time these two teams meet.

What a nice game!! I had given up hope when Kohli and Gambhir were struggling to push against the tight Aussie bowling and fielding. From 201/7, thats a fantastic comeback to lose by just 4 runs. Kumar and Harbhajan, both our bowling culprits, recovered their stuff to get us there till that end. Well done! Bhajji has always been a decent ODI batsman and especially at home, the opposition should fear him. I still hope Kumar is shown the door for Munaf, but I guess it wont happen.

Reminds me of the test series in 2007 where Zaheer and Harbhajan saved India in the first test and then went on to win the series 2-0. Here we cant have a draw (so we lost) but I have good hope that we can still touch the final finishing line. Hoping that the series is as tight as this match.:hpraise:clap

I think the phrase 'pie chucker' was coined for that last Watson over. How can a professional Cricketer, let alone an International one, bowl 3 waist high full tosses outside off stump in one over?

Injury update

Australia's cricketers fly to Nagpur on Monday following their narrow win in the opening match against India, with injury clouds hanging over James Hopes and Brett Lee.

Hopes has a hamstring strain, the extent of which will be assessed following the receipt of scan results.

He is not expected to be fit in time for the second match of the seven-match series on Wednesday.

Lee, meanwhile, was kept out of the attack in the final overs on Sunday due to elbow soreness and will need to prove his fitness in order to play in Nagpur.

Hopes waits for scan results - Cricket - Fox Sports

This could throw a few spanners in the work, Marsh fielding was terrible. If Hopes is ruled out it would be a good chance to get Warner or McDonald into the squad.

Here's proof.

stattv.png
The captaincy also represents a period in which he has played more innings from a different position. He has played most of his innings at 5 and 6 as captain and it's not as carefree as number 7 or the top order. I've seen a lot of games where Dhoni comes in with many wickets down and he's just trying to save the innings. Someone always has to "bat for their average" after everyone else does the "team thing" and threw all the wickets away.

Dhoni should be credited for being able to do what is called "batting for his average". The bowlers that he has faced are not easy nor is he facing low quality sides. The responsibility that he has brought into his batting has worked for him in the ODI's. He is facing the same dilemma that Sachin faced when he switched from the very attacking and aggressive Tendulkar to the calm and cool run accumulator with flashes of brilliance. But it has worked like magic for Tendulkar now and his legendary status has only increased in the process. I think Dhoni's career will also move upward with his new found style (already he is the No. 1 ODI batsman in the world).

Last few months Dhoni has struggeled,he isnt that aggressive,he had said before recent SL series that he will once again concentrate on his six hitting ability...

Users who are viewing this thread