Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

I was the most disappointed with Raina when he got out. What the heck was he attempting there? He needs to come out more confident next time. Jadeja needs to be subbed now, Praveen saved himself with his batting.

Even though it was a small and fast outfield, this pitch wasn't really that great for batting and India lost when they conceded 292. Really poor fielding and bowling, Harbhajan and PK were terrible with the ball and India probably threw away 20 runs in the field.

Yuvraj will probably come in for Jadeja which is fine I guess. Really good bowling performance by Jadeja though, that quicker ball he has is nasty and only a couple of poor deliveries in his spell.

I think the change in the Indian team for the next game would be Yuvraj Singh for Ravindra Jadeja. I would like Munaf or Tyagi for Praveen but I guess Praveen might continue because of his batting.

I think the change in the Indian team for the next game would be Yuvraj Singh for Ravindra Jadeja. I would like Munaf or Tyagi for Praveen but I guess Praveen might continue because of his batting.

I don`t think we should keep PK for his batting, which is quite fluky anyway. Especially if Yuvraj comes back for Jadeja, the batting would look formidable and UV could chip in with his left arm spin as well. I`d also drop Harbhajan as I don`t think he is anywhere near an attacking option with the ball at the moment, Bring Mishra in for him.

My lineup would be :

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Dhoni
Yuvraj
Raina
Kohli
Mishra
Tyagi/Munaf
I Sharma
Nehra

This way I feel that we would have an attack that looks like it could pick up wickets. We will concede 300 in every game if we do not pick up wickets, it is as simple as that. Containment is`nt an option in India. We must look to pick up wickets in the first 20 overs, If you look at tournaments in which we have done well, our bowling lineups have had an attacking feel to them, like in the 2003 WC or even in the CB Series last year.

Bring Warner in for Hopes.

Or promote Johnson to no.7 and play Holland as an extra spinner.

One spinner is enough, i will prefer a bowling allrounder. Likes of Mcdonlad or Henriques.

If Lee and hopes are both injured.. bring in Bollinger and Marsh...

Bollinger is the ideal replacement for lee and indian batsmen will struggle against him..

And Marsh is anyway a better batsman than hopes,,, Good thing for Aus that hopes is injured. He was liability anyway in the squad wasnt he???:thumbs

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

One spinner is enough, i will prefer a bowling allrounder. Likes of Mcdonlad or Henriques.

we already have a couple of allrounders in wat and mitch..
Genuine batsman like marsh is needed instead of hopes.

Australia should add some all rounders because last night the could make over 300 but they did not played brilliant in the last overs so an all rouder will give them strenght in batting also give them some overs to bowl

The squad selected for India was only for its first two ODI's, then wat i feel is Rohit Sharma should be called back in place of R. Jadeja and if yuraj is fit then Raina has to go.

If Lee and hopes are both injured.. bring in Bollinger and Marsh...

Bollinger is the ideal replacement for lee and indian batsmen will struggle against him..

And Marsh is anyway a better batsman than hopes,,, Good thing for Aus that hopes is injured. He was liability anyway in the squad wasnt he???:thumbs

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

we already have a couple of allrounders in wat and mitch..
Genuine batsman like marsh is needed instead of hopes.

Marsh :sarcasm a piece of crap. I will rather prefer play with 10 men

Yuvrajs Comeback will certainly add to the strenght of india and we could see a major change in indian team for the next odis

Last edited:
Just log in to give a LOL to the Aussie team :p

Turbanator FTW :banana2 only if he turned that to a a sixty run we would have won, anyway looking forward to the 2nd ODI, already seeing the Oz owned ;)

Just log in to give a LOL to the Aussie team :p

Turbanator FTW :banana2 only if he turned that to a a sixty run we would have won, anyway looking forward to the 2nd ODI, already seeing the Oz owned ;)

yes it was embarrasing for Aus...

but australia managed to own india anyway..

Thanks to Siddle owning Harbajan;)

braguvaran added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Marsh :sarcasm a piece of crap. I will rather prefer play with 10 men

Who told you that he is crap?
Did U happen to see IPL 1 in india?
Jus because he dropped a catch cant make him crap.
He has the potential

Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St
ODIs 15 15 1 582 81 41.57 775 75.09 0 5 58 3 1 0
:)

No, no, no, no. You never pick a bowler because he can bat a bit, besides Praveen is probably not going to play an innings like that for quite awhile now if his record is anything to go by.

Users who are viewing this thread