Bangladesh in New Zealand

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good post. I agree with it all basically.

With the second test, Jeetan Patel joins the squad in Wellington. I don't think i'd play him though. Mason bowled well in the domestic game and O'Brien wasn't good enough in the 1st test. I'm not happy with Cumming keeping his place. He should know by now he has an LBW problem. If he fails again, i'd get rid of him. He's had enough chances. If you can't score runs against Bangladesh you're going to struggle against any other side.

pal

International Coach
Why not try to ease Styris into the squad again? He's been such a key player for a while.

irottev

School Cricketer
He's a key ODI player. He doesn't deserve a spot at the moment in tests however. His test form is terrible.

karnog

International Cricketer
Reading from the cricinfo bulletin it seems Cummings has been hopelessly poor and during his innings has looked out of sorts. Bell been a good find but why do they keep insisting on Sinclair. I think he's been a failed experiment though i haven't kept an eye on the ODI series...

irottev

School Cricketer
Sinclair made a big 200 score in domestic cricket as well as other great contributions. He is a great batsman. You just feel he loses his concentration at times. e scored a double century on debut and has scored another as well. He has talent, that's why he is selected.

Cumming is poor in general. He has problems getting out LBW and he's done absolutely nothing to fix it over the last 4 or so years he's been in and out of the side. Jamie How is the future of our opening. Give him another go. His technique is 100 times better and he actually earned his spot.

karnog

International Cricketer
Sinclair made a big 200 score in domestic cricket as well as other great contributions. He is a great batsman. You just feel he loses his concentration at times. e scored a double century on debut and has scored another as well. He has talent, that's why he is selected.

Cumming is poor in general. He has problems getting out LBW and he's done absolutely nothing to fix it over the last 4 or so years he's been in and out of the side. Jamie How is the future of our opening. Give him another go. His technique is 100 times better and he actually earned his spot.

But has he performed in the international arena? Yeah no doubt Cumming has had his chances. Hang on isn't Sinclair a top order player? I remember watching a NZ domestic game and Sinclair was number 3 i think. If thats the case why is he in the middle order (6 in the Chappel/Hadlee trophy)... i just remembered it now. I've been assuming his position is cause of his hitting.

Ross Taylor

School Cricketer
Well I agree with you mostly, I mean for a young side Bangladesh performed well. I wasnt happy that most of them let there wicket fall cheaply, they might have well have given NZ the win.

I have to disagree to some points I think that the best occupier was Shahrair Nafees, was maily in the 2nd Innings but he was around at the crease for a while in the first.

Mortaza's quick stint at the crease was hilarious, i think it was 4,6,-,OUT!
McCullum got under his skin even before he faced a ball - Mocking him about how he had a quick recovery having no runner that he had in his first innings.

Mortaza did have a few good spells bowling wise, taking the wickets of sincliar & oram, also 2 tail order batsman.

The funniest thing that could of happened would be C Martin, Man of The Match, with his hs of 12 *. I would have died of laughter.

irottev

School Cricketer
Yeah, 12* Well done to him. That's the equivalent of 120* really. Every run he scores is worth 10. He played a beautiful cover drive too. As well as a beautiful cut off the inside edge down to fine leg ;)

I hope one day he hits a six. That would be amazing.

irottev

School Cricketer
Andre Nel or Sreesanth probably. Both would probably react to a number 11 smacking them for six and they're the only bowlers I don't really like.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
IMO Mashrafe Mortaza is a kick ass player.

This will help kiwis on their rankings.

Lets hope Bangladesh give them a good game, on 12th.

Recluse

School Cricketer
Looks like Bangladesh are in for another hammering...already five wickets down at lunch.

Okay the conditions are extremely favourable for seamers, but none of the batsmen so far have shown any real application.

Ashraful got an unlucky decision but he was just swinging wildly at most deliveries anyway so I don't think he would have lasted much longer even if the decision was in his favour.

My prediction: Game over for Bangladesh by lunchtime day 3.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
6 down now geez Bangladesh still haven't improved. The middle order provides no resistance and relies all on the openers.

Recluse

School Cricketer
First time I've watched a whole Bangladesh test innings (well okay they have one wicket left)...one word can describe their batting - farcical. How can this be called test cricket?

irottev

School Cricketer
National Team: West Indies? You guys don't seem that hot at the moment either ;)

Just teasing a bit.

Also, all (our) but Cummings decisions today were bad ones. Bell and Fulton shouldn't have been given.

I'd still get rid of Cumming. He looked great at times, but LBW again. He offered a few chances as well. 42 against Bangladesh isn't good enough. He should have gone on. Lets hope Fleming and Sinclair build a big partnership. atting tomorrow will be fantastic. It will only get better. Fleming doesn't have a home hundred yet, tomorrow should be his day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread