Bangladesh in South Africa 2008-09

How did Steyn bowl? He was pretty shocking in England.

See, NZ ain't that bad. South Africa almost got beaten by Bangladesh again. Pretty close game. I expect some more close ODIs.

A close win by SA,good performance by Steyn,BD had come close to the target,BD new team trying very hard even if not winning they are performing well,all their X players are now in ICL,so as a newcomer the whole team is performing well.

Damn we should have won this match, shame none of our batsmen could hit a six. Good bowling by Razzak and Shakib though!

Go Bangladesh win the ODIs!!! :D

See, NZ ain't that bad. South Africa almost got beaten by Bangladesh again. Pretty close game. I expect some more close ODIs.
With the exception of rain, the game played pretty much as expected. Spinners kept Bangladesh in touch for the first innings, then they batted positively early and made an exciting start, then started throwing away wickets until they got out of a winning position.

Even though South Africa were at times tactically braindead, even though they collapsed late in their innings and even though Bangladesh were 1/56 in 5 overs, you should expect them to implode.

1st time i heard you say any thing good about Bangladesh...:clap wait or is it to back NZ up? ;) :p

A close win by SA,good performance by Steyn,BD had come close to the target,BD new team trying very hard even if not winning they are performing well,all their X players are now in ICL,so as a newcomer the whole team is performing well.
not good performance by Steyn, he got smashed my Tamim. he was sledging Tamim, and got hit all over. then he came back got the tail enders wickets :rolleyes:

and hate when ppl say "main players went in ICL" it shows how much they know about BD cricket.

SN = out of touch aka a minnow basher. even in ICL [except that fluke 100 vs Oz in test]
Alok = good player. never plays well when he gets chance, wasnt confident. now playing for money, himself and his ave. is 70 SR is 170! in T20..even though he is a slow player
Aftab/Nazim = he is one Afridi type player (except Afridi bowls) who just gives away his wickets,
G(h)osh = he played few matches, and he told the news papers before leaving "what ever the BCB spend on him, he payed them back" this dude was under BCB from under 12 team
Reza, Taposh, and others = ...
Rafiq, Basher = retired and retarded

MacLovin added 5 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Damn we should have won this match, shame none of our batsmen could hit a six. Good bowling by Razzak and Shakib though!

Go Bangladesh win the ODIs!!! :D

it was a easy win, if Ash and Tamim hadnt gave away their wicket the way they did...

and it suppose to be close game, because its T20... no big deal. BD will only prove themselves, if they play like how they did vs NZ, again. lil better this time, taking chances

1st time i heard you say any thing good about Bangladesh...:clap wait or is it to back NZ up? ;) :p

I've said a lot of nice things, you just choose to pick out any negative comments I say about them.

I seriously believe Bangladesh have a shot at winning a game. This SA side lost an ODI series to England so obviously not the strongest.

Dhiman Ghosh and Aftab Ahmed are the ones I think Bangladesh would like to have in a Twenty20 game, but nevertheless they've got the talent to win games. They've always had the talent. They just need to use some brains.

Razzak was awesome yesterday from what I saw. Was turning the ball an absolute mile, he's not always turned the ball that much has he? I can't remember him bowling that well in any games I've seen him bowl in before.

Losing Gibbs is a huge deal for South Africa. He's one of their most experienced and devastating players. This will be a great series i'd say. If Bangladesh can survive Morkel and Steyn in SA bouncey conditions they're in with a shot.

T20 is anybody's game.The D/L method takes away some of the sheen though.

Losing Gibbs is a huge deal for South Africa. He's one of their most experienced and devastating players. This will be a great series i'd say. If Bangladesh can survive Morkel and Steyn in SA bouncey conditions they're in with a shot.

Nah,its going to be tough for them.RSA are playing at home. If not Gibbs,there is still Amla,Boucher.

Shocking!

'Any other top international team definitely would walk away from the series'. It was the way Bangladesh team operations manager Shafiqul Haq expressed his disappointment over the poor hospitality the Tigers so far have received from the Cricket South Africa (CSA) authorities.

It has started from the very beginning of the tour when the players and officials had to stay five hours in the team hotel lobby on November 2 before being checked-in after a fourteen hours journey. Things however got worse yesterday after the completion of the Twenty20 match at the Wanderers Stadium as Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful and man-of-the-match Abdur Razzak had to sit on the dais for forty five minutes only to know that there was no post-match briefing.

The harsh treatment shocked everybody.

Though the players were not ready to focus too much on the negligence from CSA, Shafiqul already gave his report to the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) by describing all the mismanagement here.

“I already gave my report and accordingly our board made a strong statement to Cricket South Africa. It's amazing the way an international team has been treated here,” said Shafiqul.

“You know our players had to wait five hours at the hotel lobby. Can you imagine it for any other country? There is hardly any security for us,” said an angry Shafiqul.

After all these happenings it may be better not to say anything about the facilities available in the press box of the picturesque stadium in Johannesburg.

One can't be sure when things will actually happen if someone says: "Wait, you will get it within ten minutes."

Daily Star, Johannesburg

Users who are viewing this thread