New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Thu 13 September 5th Match, Group A - Bangladesh v West Indies
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Sat 15 September 12th Match, Group A - South Africa v Bangladesh
Newlands, Cape Town

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This will be the first encounter between South Africa and Bangladesh after that World Cup match. They will probably want to set things right this time. Too bad Kallis wasn't included in the squad.

irottev

School Cricketer
This seems to be the most competitive pool on paper. Bangladesh could upset these sides. South Africa still lack an experienced spinner. Slower bowlers are crucial in these games. Taking the pace off the ball.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
This seems to be the most competitive pool on paper. Bangladesh could upset these sides. South Africa still lack an experienced spinner. Slower bowlers are crucial in these games. Taking the pace off the ball.

Are you joking, it's 20/20. South Africa through easly.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors

yeah but bangladesh's slow bowlers have caused problems to some top players like dravid and kallis

irottev

School Cricketer

Are you joking? Look what happened to Pakistan in the World Cup. I'm not counting anyone out and anyone who does is a fool. Especially not a side like Bangladesh who puts in a good performance every now and then. On their day they've beaten Australia. Why can't they beat South Africa in an even shorter form of the game.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Are you joking? Look what happened to Pakistan in the World Cup. I'm not counting anyone out and anyone who does is a fool. Especially not a side like Bangladesh who puts in a good performance every now and then. On their day they've beaten Australia. Why can't they beat South Africa in an even shorter form of the game.

Hey man but You cant compare Pakistan with Bangladesh, never! If Pakistan want to win No the hell can stop them and when they are loosing they just loose. Where it's different for Bengalis you know. They are just a immerging team. I don?t agree No offence, but everybody has his/her own opinion so It's fine.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
If South Africa and West Indies perform optimal they should go through to the next round. Personally I feel the slow bowling attack of Bangladesh could prove their weakest link, because some hitters of the opposition could target them.

irottev

School Cricketer
It could go either way, which is why watching the spinners in Twenty/20's is going to be one of the best parts. Either they're going to get whacked or they can be quite tight and hard to get away, which may cause a rash shot.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SA lineup is full of big hitters so I would be surprised if they don't make it out of this pool. If they are on song I can't see either of these two teams beating them. Bangladesh could be a chance against WI but as one commentator said in the rain effected match between Aus and Bangladesh once the match was reduced so to was Bangladesh chance of an upset.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well it's T20 !

I think it will be SA and Ban thorugh from this group.
The Windies,well they can be vulnerable against the Banglas,but again we would not want a repeat of the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup here.

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
West Indies have some brilliant Twenty20 players and are well suited to the game so I'd back them to top the group.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Twenty20 is unpredictable. Any of these sides could make it through. But I'd have the Windies beating Bangladesh personally.

Users who are viewing this thread