Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

LOL, BNG got completely rolled!!!
Vettori was just out of all their leagues, 4 over's for 6 is unbelievable.
He's easily the best T20 spinner in the world, if not the best T20 bowler.
McCullum was great at the top as well, Ingram was promising, but lacked footwork esp. on that LBW shout, and looks way to easy to work out for better teams.

Again, they are never going to get anywhere (BNG) if they drop sitter catches, and the only shot the employ is the hefty slog over cow corner. Any score under 120 is utter rubbish, to not even be able to score at a run a ball is very disappointing.
I feel sorry for the people who went to the game, getting treated to that BNG rubbish, give them a half refund I say.

Anyway, I hope for a better one-dayer in Napier.
I hope BNG recover in time for the match, and can really test us.

The balance would settle after 6 weeks from now ;)

Well that's the thing, it's not great preparation for Australia. Don't get me wrong, beating Bangladesh comprehensively is good, it's just the batting isn't really stretched when it's a small total. We'll see how the ODIs go, but it's important the middle order get some time in the middle.

Well at least Brendon McCullum seems to be back in form. He was good in Dubai, decent in the test matches against Pakistan, and from what I saw in the HRV cup he was hitting the ball really well. Hopefully he can get back to that 2008 form, would be nice with Australia coming up.

Well at least Brendon McCullum seems to be back in form. He was good in Dubai, decent in the test matches against Pakistan, and from what I saw in the HRV cup he was hitting the ball really well. Hopefully he can get back to that 2008 form, would be nice with Australia coming up.

Don't be silly, McCullum never performs when we need him to.

Damn wtf we can't even play T20s but I get the feeling we'll do much better in the ODIs.

Ingram didn't look that bad, I'll guess we'll have to wait until the real games start but it's a decent start.

Can somebody tell me why Bangladesh decided to bat first? Surely if you haven't had much practice in the country you'd look to bat second so you know how much you need.

They should have sent NZ in. It was a pitch that had spent most of the week under trying conditions and it really could have done anything. Shows poor captaincy I feel when the players have spent 3 days in the country and haven't spent anytime on the grass due to rain. Sure conditions were good but it was a big call to try to set a total.

Thats what every 1 is saying. It was stupid off them. But, ok fine, you want to bat 1st, but at least do it with a better approach. T20 isnt a joke. It's still an International cricket match. Throwing your bat at everything isnt gonna get you anywhere... if they had played this match properly, or ODI style i bet they would have score more then 120.

Usually when trying to bat yourself out of trouble teams slow things down, look to get bat on ball, work some singles, and wait for opportunities to get the ball to the boundary. The method of going for an almighty boof is going to get you nowhere but back in the pavillion

The batsmen didn't look like they'd done their homework on our bowlers either. They looked totally bamboozled by everyone. You'd hope they learned something from this match.

For the sake of the rest of the tour I would say so. It also won't do the Black Caps any good facing such timid opposition in the lead up to a series with Australia.

The batsmen didn't look like they'd done their homework on our bowlers either. They looked totally bamboozled by everyone. You'd hope they learned something from this match.

Yeah, Tuffey, Vettori, and McCullum just tied them in knots.
They had absolutely no answer to the great man... (Vettori)

How about to level the playing field the kiwi bowlers have to have one of their arms tied behind their backs.

Looks like New Zealand cricket wants this tour to be a flop, no matter how good/bad Bangladesh play. The first ODI is going to be played on Friday, the second one Monday :facepalm and the third Thursday. Then the test series is played the following week Monday-Friday.

Hopeless.

Users who are viewing this thread