Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

Looks like New Zealand cricket wants this tour to be a flop, no matter how good/bad Bangladesh play. The first ODI is going to be played on Friday, the second one Monday :facepalm and the third Thursday. Then the test series is played the following week Monday-Friday.

Hopeless.

I saw that, bloody hopeless.

Ashraful might open the innings again tomorrow and hopefully that idiot Raqibul gets dropped, I will be happy to see Siddique taking his place.

In the commentary box for the T/20 game Craig McMillan said that McKay was the fasted guy he had faced in New Zealand this last domestic season. I haven't seen much of the guy but this raises my hopes. Looking forward to tonight!

In the commentary box for the T/20 game Craig McMillan said that McKay was the fasted guy he had faced in New Zealand this last domestic season. I haven't seen much of the guy but this raises my hopes. Looking forward to tonight!

He also said he was getting reverse from around the wicket. Apparently he's not playing though so we might have to wait awhile until we see the great McKay.

Apparently he's not playing though so we might have to wait awhile until we see the great McKay.

So says cricinfo but I would rather see him then Butler. It would mean playing two left armers but I don't see that as a reason not to play McKay.

Vettori confirms that Franklin will be batting at 5 in the ODI series above himself, Broom and Oram. You do have to feel for Broom who is not really a finisher but on the other hand being a huge fan of Franklin this is a great chance for him to create a place in the team as a batsman.

McCullum
Ingram
Guptill
Taylor
Franklin
Broom
Vettori
Oram
Tuffey
Southee
McKay/Butler

What a joke. Broom's the best batsmen in domestic cricket and yet he can't even crack the top five, disgrace tbh.

No doubt he'll get one, maybe two bats during this series and come in with less the ten overs to go and fail. Starting the whole "He failed against Bangladesh, he's rubbish" thing all over again.

What a joke. Broom's the best batsmen in domestic cricket and yet he can't even crack the top five, disgrace tbh.

No doubt he'll get one, maybe two bats during this series and come in with less the ten overs to go and fail. Starting the whole "He failed against Bangladesh, he's rubbish" thing all over again.

Yea but with our fully fit top 5 around do you think he would get a go anyway?

Hes really in a position where hes a finisher or not in the team at all.

Vettori confirms that Franklin will be batting at 5 in the ODI series above himself, Broom and Oram. You do have to feel for Broom who is not really a finisher but on the other hand being a huge fan of Franklin this is a great chance for him to create a place in the team as a batsman.

How many chances is Franklin going to get. Sure he has been a fantastic player with both bat and ball for Wellington but has never proved himself on the international stage, and he has had ample opportunity to do so.

Batting him ahead of Broom, Oram and Vettori is a bit of a shambles. Broom needs to be batting 5, thats where he is strong domestically. Oram 6, Vettori 7, Franklin 8

Yea but with our fully fit top 5 around do you think he would get a go anyway?

Hes really in a position where hes a finisher or not in the team at all.

No probably not. But with Elliott out it's a good chance for him to show us what he's got at the international level, he's not going to be able to prove anything by doing the same thing he's been doing for New Zealand for the past year.

Franklin for mine anyway would be a much better finisher.

How about to level the playing field the kiwi bowlers have to have one of their arms tied behind their backs.

it's not like it was some hardcore bowling that made the mess, it was some awful, randomly going after every ball batting did the trick. you can cheeck all the T20 bangladesh played so far, you will see they did that everytime. and only 1s it had clicked. and thats the only time they had 1. 1s or twice...

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Aftab Ahmed, 3 Mohammad Ashraful, 4 Raqibul Hasan, 5 Shakib Al Hasan (capt), 6 Mushfiqur Rashim (wk), 7 Mahmudullah, 8 Naeem Islam, 9 Shahadat Hossain, 10 Shafiul Islam/Rubel Hossain, 11 Nazmul Hossain

i hope this is some random guess, because when did Aftab become an opener?? why the stupid coach JS, always overlooking our opener JS

Franklin would make a better finisher for sure. Broom should be at 5. If Franklin bats ahead of Broom i'm not going to be very happy. He should bat at 6. 6 sounds like a perfect spot for Franklin to me. Then Vettori 7, Oram 8. My eleven:

McCullum
Ingram
Guptill
Taylor
Broom
Franklin
Vettori
Oram
Tuffey
Southee
McKay

If Butler couldn't play the last game from a groin strain I doubt it's gotten much better in 48 hours. He can rest it a little more. I wanna see McKay get a game.

How many chances is Franklin going to get. Sure he has been a fantastic player with both bat and ball for Wellington but has never proved himself on the international stage, and he has had ample opportunity to do so.

Batting him ahead of Broom, Oram and Vettori is a bit of a shambles. Broom needs to be batting 5, thats where he is strong domestically. Oram 6, Vettori 7, Franklin 8

Well since Franklin has come back after injury as more of a batsman one would argue that hes had very few chances. Flynn and Broom who have both done less in the same time period have been given far more goes at it.

Fair enough batting Broom and maybe Vettori ahead of Franklin but I consider it utter blasphemy to even suggest Oram's name infront of his. Oram has not done anything with the bat for a good few years now and should be considered only as a bowler these days.

I am very confident that if Franklin is given a good run in the team that he will be able to hold down his spot with no problems at all.

Here is the video about it http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/news/video-daniel-vettori-on-series-and-selection/6565/article.aspx

Last edited:
I hope you're right. Like I said he has been brilliant for Wellington and if he could provide that for the Black Caps it would be fantastic. Personally I think he is more suited to the longer form of the game... but I love being proven wrong!!!

Users who are viewing this thread