Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

We lost from the moment Musfiq pulled the Akmal on Broom.

They got over 130 runs on last 10 overs. From 201 after 41 overs to 336 at the end. All the 40 over hard work undone by 1 Batting PP! :mad: i hate Batting PP!

May I just make a sudden return to the forum to say I've being saying they should have Ingram opening for years,

We lost from the moment Musfiq pulled the Akmal on Broom.

They got over 130 runs on last 10 overs. From 201 after 41 overs to 336 at the end. All the 40 over hard work undone by 1 Batting PP! :mad: i hate Batting PP!

I love to see you get irritated. How's my new avvy? :p

NZ just thrashed Bangla in last 10 overs though. I'd love to see some sort of fight from Bangla in this series.

I didnt like that 1, so you can have it :D

??????? Beast avatar

May I just make a sudden return to the forum to say I've being saying they should have Ingram opening for years,

He still probably won't make the A side unless McCullum decides he wants to go down the order as when Ryder returns he'll replace Ingram. Also, it's all well and good him playing well against Bangladesh but we'll wait until we face Australia. He'll be tested there for sure.

As for tests, I don't rate his technique, but look at some of the openers in world cricket these days - Sehwag, Gayle, Watson, Dilshan. They all play recklessly and get away with it because the pitches these days are just so flat. He's worth a shot purely because I like his intent. He doesn't let the bowlers jump all over him, he's always looking to dominate.

If it was ever going to happen now is the time. Home ground for him, small boundaries and a weak attack.

Pitch might not agree. AMI Stadium though - small ground...I'm not going to talk it up because lets face it, it'll never happen if I do. Last game in CHCH Tendulkar almost got it. It's a pretty flat track here with small boundaries. I can;t wait top see the new stand too. I'm going to go despite the fact it's likely to be a dead rubber and an absolute thrashing.

He still probably won't make the A side unless McCullum decides he wants to go down the order as when Ryder returns he'll replace Ingram. Also, it's all well and good him playing well against Bangladesh but we'll wait until we face Australia. He'll be tested there for sure.

As for tests, I don't rate his technique, but look at some of the openers in world cricket these days - Sehwag, Gayle, Watson, Dilshan. They all play recklessly and get away with it because the pitches these days are just so flat. He's worth a shot purely because I like his intent. He doesn't let the bowlers jump all over him, he's always looking to dominate.

Watson plays with a very straight bat, and I actually love his technique. Stands straight and still till the last moment, and then brings the bat down, fully straight like I said. He's also seemed to fix that LBW problem he used to have.

The other three I agree with though. I don't rate Dilshan highly though. He's played a lot of Cricket against India, who aren't the greatest bowling side in the world, and those pitches have been very flat. Let's see him in Australia, England (Longer formats), South Africa etc.

Remember we have four first team players missing, Mills, Bond, Ryder, and Elliot.
If BNG wanted to beat us now was probably the time, with two debutants, as well as a handful of players battling for places.
They just haven't turned up to play, and I'm pretty confident more massive scores are on the cards at the University Oval and AMI Stadium if we bat first.
It's the perfect opportunity for Franklin and Broom to cement their places in the middle order.

Will miss Crowe in commentary :( I love his commentary. But hey, you can't get anyone better to help out the batsmen. He knows his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread