Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

Is Vettori playing in this useless series? He should take a rest. There are other useful series coming up for NZ.

Without Vettori in the team the entire fabric of New Zealand Cricket would be under threat. His inclusion is necessary for half of the team to show up. Without him they may just curl up and die.

Vettori is not going to disrespect Test cricket, like Andrew Pussy Strauss

I think Vettori would be salivating at the mouth thinking of bowling at Bangladesh in a test right now too. He's got it over all of them.

I wanna see McCullum get another ODI chance. I really think he's the second best spinner we have and I like his all-round talents. Would be nice to fit him in.

Interesting to see Ingram there that does surprise me. Seems they went for Broom over Franklin in Ryders absence which is fair enough Broom has been in great form. The rest was basicly as expected.

Broooooooooooooommmmm :D About time.

First thing that jumps out though is what the hell, we have four openers in that squad. How is that going to work? They'll most likely bat Vettori at six and go with four seamers.

In the press release they say Guptill is going down the order so they will probably go for something like this:

3: Broom
4: Taylor
5: Guptill
6: Vettori

So who misses out between McIntosh, Ingram and Watling?

What I don't like is that Broom might have to bat at three, the hardest place to bat in test cricket and they're going to bat him there on debut with the Aussie's looming. First they destroy his confindence in one day cricket by batting him at six/seven, now they want to ruin his test career by playing him at three :facepalm

Quite like that Guptill might be batting at five, I can see it failing big time but it's worth a shot with the way he plays.

Will be interested to see if McKay goes over 150 like he seems to think he will, hopefully he plays.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

That could work, never knew Broom batted so high, so use to him down the order from the ODIs.

Yeah he bat's at four for Otago in FC cricket and three in one day cricket. He's averaging nigh on 100 this season in FC cricket so it's about time he got selected for the test team.

Very glad to see Broom but agree that him batting at 3 is a bit of a concern, especially because having McIntosh open means Broom is almost guaranteed to be in within the first 12 balls.

I'm glad Ingram has been given an opportunity, which is odd because i\I am strictly against players debuting when they are his age but I think he has paid his dues and is worth a shot. Whether or not his footwork, or lack there of, will be a major factor is yet to be proven. I hope the guys natural ability to time it will counter his concrete shoes.

What I don't like is that Broom might have to bat at three, the hardest place to bat in test cricket and they're going to bat him there on debut with the Aussie's looming. First they destroy his confindence in one day cricket by batting him at six/seven, now they want to ruin his test career by playing him at three

Seems to be a common theme for most teams, throwing in a youngster at 3. Guptill seemed ok for 3 when you see the options available, else 6 probably would be better as that is usually considered the hit out position.

Very glad to see Broom but agree that him batting at 3 is a bit of a concern, especially because having McIntosh open means Broom is almost guaranteed to be in within the first 12 balls.

I'm glad Ingram has been given an opportunity, which is odd because i\I am strictly against players debuting when they are his age but I think he has paid his dues and is worth a shot. Whether or not his footwork, or lack there of, will be a major factor is yet to be proven. I hope the guys natural ability to time it will counter his concrete shoes.

We might see something like this:

1.McIntosh
2.Ingram
3.Watling
4.Taylor
5.Broom
6.Guptill
7.McCullum
8.Vettori

I think by the time Australia get's here we have to go with six batsmen plus Vettori and McCullum at seven and eight, I really can't see the test series going well if Broom's at three and Vettori's at six.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ingram either and I don't think he'll do to well at the test level, but like your've said he deserves his shot. He's got a game that works for him and over the last three seasons in domestic cricket he's been fantasic in racking up big runs. I think if Australia do their homework they should limit his ability to score quickly, but with someone like Johnson in the team you just never know, maybe he'll feed him width all day. Bollinger will be a massive threat for him IMO though.

No Franklin is a bit of a shock. Makes team selection easy though:

McIntosh
Watling
Guptill
Taylor
Broom
Vettori
McCullum
Tuffey
Southee
McKay
Martin

I'd personally rather see Guptill at 3. He opens for Auckland so he's best equipped for the position. Broom bats at 4/5 so he's better at 5. Don't trust our openers so thrusting him in at 3 is a bit mean. But hey, if he can play at number 3 and do a good job it would be nice, because we have a HUGE issue there.

What pisses me off is Jeetan Patel being in the side. Nathan McCullum is better. Oh well. Keep selecting Patel and his 40 first class average. :/

To much experimenting for my liking I would just keep it simple but with them already saying Guptill is going to move down the order that isn't going to be the case. From the squad picked I would of gone with:

1: McIntosh
2: Watling
3: Guptill
4: Taylor
5: Broom
6: Vettori
7: McCullum
8: Tuffey
9: Southee
10: McKay
11: Martin

McKay in for O'Brien and Broom in for Flynn only changes from the last game of the Pakistan series.

Ari added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

No Franklin is a bit of a shock.

The selectors are messing him around to much hes in for a series then out again then back in for the next one etc no wonder he looks like he has no confidence when he plays.

Users who are viewing this thread