Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

A much improved performance by BNG, but it was still the little things that are letting them down such as fielding.

Shakib finally showed his class, the first good spell of bowling this tour he has done.

Taylor was just stupid in his way of play, and still lacks maturity as our senior batsmen.

Broom should be the next to go, I guess he'll just make way for Elliot, who we need as our middle order link asap.

McCullum has to go down the order for ODI's (not T20's), he's failed three out of three innings against a poor BNG side, so doens't stand much change against Aussie.

Ah, what a finish! Good partnership this, should see NZ home.

And Shakib is freaking incredible.

40 runs short. which they easily could have scored, with 6 wickets in hand. even if they batted like Butler

and damn, they couldnt get Bulter out?

Not the performance the kiwis will have wanted to end on with Australia around the corner. Expecting them to dominate the only Test to get some sort of momentum.

Ross Taylor to be Hauritz's bunny

I haven't watched the presentation in this series. 1st time today. Its like high school debate ceremony!! weirddddd

as much as I wish a spinner owning Ross... but BIG pffffft, Hauritz?...

MacLovin added 8 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Shakib finally showed his class, the first good spell of bowling this tour he has done.

well, the condition is very different. The pitches are very different from the 1s he bowls on back home. It was gonna take a little time. Now that he seems to figure out how to bowl in NZ condition, I hope to see him does better in the test match.

FACT, the last time BD toured NZ, 2 and half years ago with Ashfool as captain, Vittori won 4 out of 5 tosses. This tour he already won 4 ..

He definently owned them every way possible. Hate that hippie!!! :( :mad:

Yeah well if Taylor bats anything like today, then sure Hauritz will be all over him. But I think he will go well . Well I bloody hope so :p

Was a good game in the end. It actually came pretty close. I'll start with some positives and then let all the negatives flow (there were a lot)

Firstly the new stand is very nice, they closed the other one off I think which was smart because the crowd was pathetic. I don't think it's got to do with ODI cricket dieing, I just think Bangladesh had played pathetically in the first 2 games and also that the game was a dead rubber.

Southee bowled excellent. Was really good today, especially hitting the yorker length. He had good control. It's just a shame he can't bowl like this every game. The pitch looked very flat despite the weather which has been a bit drizzley the last few days so his figures were outstanding.

Vettori showed his class. He kept himself til later and it paid off big time. Spin was for sure the best bet today. Guptill even bowled really well I thought.

Guptill in the field was outstanding. He probably saved 10 runs on his own. Was great to watch. Then his innings with the bat bar the way he got out was excellent. He played some nice shots straight down the ground. I was really angry when he got out though. He really did give his wicket away. I mean, caught on the extra cover boundary was stupid. He needed to be hungry for the milestone. I'm sick of out batsmen constantly throwing wickets away in the 70s, 80s and 90s. He wasn't gotten out, it was a terrible mind explosion and it almost put us in the ████.

Last positive was great to see Bangladesh turn up. Kayes played very well. He was streaky early but once he got into it was great. Shakib bowled really well too though he got a few gifts towards the end. He was the shining light in Bangladesh's bowling.

Negatives time.

Firstly Butler once again leaked runs. He's so expensive though like the last game sometimes he gets wickets. I think we would have been much better off with Nathan McCullum but oh well. I wouldn't select Butler for the Australian series. His batting at the end was important and got us home, but the bowling was not good.

Second point to bitch about was Oram not bowling more overs. He was bowling really well. Even Guptill. Maybe those guys should have been given more overs and Butler less.

Thirdly was great to see Franklin bowling well but now it seems he's injured again because he batted with a runner. He showed good maturity not panicking with the bat though.

Lastly we played far too recklessly. We were like, 70/1 after 10 overs when Bangladesh decided not to take the power play and then things went badly. Ingram's lack of foot movement didn't hep his cause, but hey i'm not going to call for him to be sacked yet, that's 1 innings. He can have more chances. Taylor's wicket was a disgrace. For the vice captain to gift a wicket like that was not a good example. The field was back, Taylor needs to settle down. You can see it building in him that he needs to hit a six. It's not good. He's been consistent for us lately which is great but he needs to play the patience game too. Hopefully he learns before the test match.

Vettori also holed out. The man had just been put back and he'd smashed the bowler for a six and 2 fours in a row. Did not need to go again. He looked god at 5 though.

Broom looked terrible from ball one. He hit a few good balls but really he looks terrible and out of place. Oram's dismissal was SOFT. He'd just hit a six and then just lobed one lazily.

Was the worst of the 3 performances from us I thought. The pitch was very good, shoulda been an easy chase and it was easy until we capitulated all by our own doing,

Lets hope lessons are learned.

Someone really should tell our top order (especially Martin Guptill and Ross Taylor) to get greedy. Guptill looked fantastic tonight, a class above. But instead of scoring a well deserved 100 he tries to go all fancy and plays a risky type of shot. I'm getting real excited about Guptill though, he's only 22 but he just looks so good at the crease. Get him out of the test team and get him to fix up his defense and he should be fine.

Firstly Butler once again leaked runs. He's so expensive though like the last game sometimes he gets wickets. I think we would have been much better off with Nathan McCullum but oh well. I wouldn't select Butler for the Australian series. His batting at the end was important and got us home, but the bowling was not good.
Mmm, Butler can leak a lot of runs, mainly because he doesn't get much swing, or much movement from the pitch and he bowls way too many half volleys/ full balls.
As you say, Nathan would possibly be a better option, he offers more with the bat and his bowling has been great lately.

Broom looked terrible from ball one. He hit a few good balls but really he looks terrible and out of place.
Definitely didn't look comfortable, and he didn't look confident at all. I'm sad to say, there's no spot for him in the ODI team, again McCullum would be a better selection.

Users who are viewing this thread