Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

If you guys wanted Williamson in, he should have been given a few games this series. I don't know who you guys have after us but always hard to make your debut against quality opposition.

Man, New Zealand will be so good in the future when they have both Boult and Wagner in the side, especially if Ryder, Taylor and Guptill realize their full potential.

It looks exciting indeed. It's the best batch of talent I've seen come out of New Zealand cricket ever.

If you guys wanted Williamson in, he should have been given a few games this series. I don't know who you guys have after us but always hard to make your debut against quality opposition.

Agreed. Although I doubt whether the selectors have actually given him some serious thought still only being 19.

Last edited:
McKay has hurt his foot so Arnel has been called up to replace him.

While I was looking forward to see McKay get a go Arnel has probably deserved a go long before this so hopefully he can take this chance and add to this nice and rare depth of players we are starting to develop.

Fair enough. He is contracted. Makes selection easy now IMO.

McIntosh
Watling
Ingram
Taylor
Guptill
Broom
Vettori
McCullum
Tuffey
Southee
Martin
12th: Patel

Patel to play over Broom if the pitch looks spin friendly.

Fair enough. He is contracted. Makes selection easy now IMO.

McIntosh
Watling
Ingram
Taylor
Guptill
Broom
Vettori
McCullum
Tuffey
Southee
Martin
12th: Patel

Patel to play over Broom if the pitch looks spin friendly.

I think that will probably be the side, though I'd rather drop Southee/Martin for Patel than drop a batsman. Our batting is the thing that would most likely get us in trouble during this test, and we shouldn't be making it weaker than it already is.

Vettori is perfectly capable at 6 and McCullum should probably be 7 anyway. The top order just have to step up. We can't keep going in with extra batsmen.

Infact if I remember correctly, in the Pakistan series we dropped a batsman for a bowler and the batsmen performed much better than any game for some time.

Good old Hamilton is going to turn on its finest weather for the test - chance of rain for the first 4 days should be fine for the last day though. :laugh

Vettori is perfectly capable at 6 and McCullum should probably be 7 anyway. The top order just have to step up. We can't keep going in with extra batsmen.

Infact if I remember correctly, in the Pakistan series we dropped a batsman for a bowler and the batsmen performed much better than any game for some time.

At Napier, the same ground where New Zealand made 620 the year before. New Zealand at this stage always needs to be picking six front-line batsmen IMO.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Good old Hamilton is going to turn on its finest weather for the test - chance of rain for the first 4 days should be fine for the last day though. :laugh

Doubt we'll get much rain tbh. It's suppose to have rained for weeks now and we've really only had a sprinkle here and there.

We have had some heavy stuff at night hopefully it stays that way.

Good old Hamilton is going to turn on its finest weather for the test - chance of rain for the first 4 days should be fine for the last day though.
With the NZ and Bangladesh batting line-ups that's all you'll need :p

Bangladesh will take the draw with open arms. The weather this summer has been nothing short of disgusting. Global warming ehh. Where's the warming part exactly?

Thats what every 1 says here as well. Every time it rains. i am sick of it .. but its not summer for us so..

Whats the use of playing only 1 test match? Atleast play 2 test matches?

Vettori's average in Hamilton is nearly 49 so I would say he is more then capable of batting at 6.

Very inexperienced top order, cricinfo has informed me that we have 11 caps between our top three players and 10 of those is McIntosh.

The big shuffle with Ingram moving to 3 and Guptill at 5 will be interesting as well. I am a bit gutted for McKay who would have started today but due to injury will be sitting this one out...how pivotel will that be when they come to select the side to face Australia. At least the bridesmaid of NZ Cricket Jeetan Patel will get a chance (or at least he should do)

Users who are viewing this thread