Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2010

They just showed the Shakib dismissal again. Shakib watched the ball right from his bat to McCullum's gloves. He didn't stay around or refer so obviously he thought it went in. If he did you can understand why the slips and McCullum did too.

damn. bad lights. batsmen are tired from fielding. would be great if we can bowl 10-12 overs, and pick up 1 more wicket

MacLovin added 9 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

stumps. jez Shakib or Riyad couldnt survive 5 more overs? :(

They just showed the Shakib dismissal again. Shakib watched the ball right from his bat to McCullum's gloves. He didn't stay around or refer so obviously he thought it went in. If he did you can understand why the slips and McCullum did too.

attachment.php

He definitely knows he didnt take it. He doesnt have to look at it. There is 2 huge different feeling between ball coming right in your golves and ball bouncing up from the ground. it hits harder, and when you take it from bounce, you barely can feel it. i keep, i know. you dont even have to keep to know this, its simple.

all though i blame shakib for edging that in the 1st place. and I thought NZ always had good reputation for sportsmanship.

Where is all them kids that played in the U19 WC? There was some talent there. Are they playing any first class matches.

Nah, only Doug Bracewell has played first-class cricket out of the batch of bowlers. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Bevan Small get a game or two at the end of the FC season. New Zealand's FC standard has actually improved quite a lot over the last ten seasons IMO, it's a lot harder for younger players to break in then it used to be.

That image you posted still shows daylight between ground and the ball.

I actually remember a situation during one of the ODIs where Bangladesh took a run when the ball ricocheted off one of their bats while sliding for the crease. Tamim has also been doing stupid ████ at the non-strikers end etc.

Shakib looks straight behind him when he edges it and SEES the ball go into McCullum's gloves. McCullum's gloves are so far in front of his face and he probably closed his eyes as you do when you're going forward at a ball, he wouldn't have known.

Tamim doesn't stand around and walks straight off. If the ball bounced he woulda seen it. He didn't, the umpires didn't and the other NZ fielders all went up as if it was a sure thing. Either good acting or else it was actually a pretty clean looking catch. You see players, keepers, outfielders etc. take catches like this all the time and they never know whether they've caught it or not. McCullum whether he was sure or not appealed for the caught behind by raising his glove in the air. McCullum is fully within his right to appeal if he's unsure, the umpire lifted his finger and the batsman who was fully within his right to a) stand around and ask the umpires to check the catch or b) even review the decision if they said it was clean. Blaming McCullum or the NZ side is bollocks. Blame Shakib or the non-striker and probably most of all the umpires. Umpires generally will always go upstairs if they're unsure on a catch. They didn't so it must have looked pretty clean.

Last edited:
daylight between ground and the ball?? you kidding me? there is a year difference between the ball and McC's gloves.

And there is no 1 to blame. No 1s blaming McC. I never blamed Him He could do w/e he want, he isnt forced to be honest and tell the umpire. But it shows a character. Not every one is a Gilly...

Gilly appealed for catches like that, every keeper does. They're not sure so they appeal. That's what the umpires are there to do. They watch the ball into the gloves they have the best view. And with TV there's no doubt it shoulda gone upstairs.

It's the walking thing isn't it. It makes him look like a god. Every player who doesn't walk when they hit it are cheats aye.

It doesn't show a character at all. McCullum either thought he took the catch or wasn't sure so he appealed to the umpires. If you're telling me McCullum 100% knew the ball bounced then fair enough, he shouldn't have appealed, but that's obviously not the case and you can't assume it was either. Tamim and the umpires were obviously pretty bloody certain the ball carried or they woulda gone upstairs.

Last edited:
I hate how Gilly has this reputation for being a saint because he walked in a few matches towards the end of his career.

After this incident, NZ fielders won't be trusted by the umpires or the opposition ;)

NZ's sportsmanship is going .. going ... gone :p

I didn't see the McCullum catch on T.V, what were the commentators saying?

Unlike Australia. They're a bunch of saints.

If NZ have bad sportsmanship then so do Australia. I remember Clarke doing something similar last year and a handful of other Australian incidents.

Afridi trying to ball tamper

Harbhijan calling Symonds a monkey

Name any side in the world, one small incident and you honestly think that matters? Hahahaha.

I didn't see the McCullum catch on T.V, what were the commentators saying?

For starters that Shakib should have stayed there or refered it. However i'm not sure that's fair. Shakib watched the ball right off his bat go into McCullum's gloves. If it didn't carry then why didn't he ask the umpires to refer it? From the replays it looks like it bounced just before McCUllum's gloves but i'm not convinced either way. No doubt benefit of the doubt shoulda gone to the batsman but with shadows and stuff the slow motion replays often look worse than they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf does Tamim have to do anything with it? and why the flip are you so pissed off? i cant even read you post, because its full of ████, and unrelated crap. and anger. if any body should be agry it should be me for fliping up the match for us. talk back when you are calmed down...

and there is a thing called Karma, you dont have to believe in it. lol watch how McC blows up on the next tour v OZ. he was 25 short of his 200, he wont even make 25 in the whole series. and drop at least 4 catches. and dont fight me. because that wont change anything. not every 1 thinks of McCullum the same way any more... you can check their website if you want. its funny..

Please think before you guys post, that's all I'm going to say.

Flashbacks to Brad Haddin "bowling" some guy out with his gloves.

Users who are viewing this thread