Best 5 Batsmen ever

Ive only been watching cricket for three years..............the best i've seen are

Ponting
Dravid
Lara
Strauss
Kallis

Obviously they aint the best batsmen ever, but there the best i've seen on television

hey langerrox:) he is a legendary player, shaidid afridi is just a slogger :mad

My favourite batsman are:
R. Dravid (Best technique and superb temprament)
A. Gilchrist (awesome striker of the ball and the ability of turning a match in a few minutes)
M. Waugh (the most elegant batsman ever)
S. Waugh (The Ice man. He is the batsman you wanted batting if your life depanded on it)
S. Tendulkar/B. Lara (both similar in nature, and both have their technical flaws, ability to dominate the bowling (Lara more than Sachin now) is awesome)

Here I am only considering players I have seen play.......Definately can consider the likes of D. Bradman, S. Gavaskar, G. Sobers, V. Richards, Hanif Mohammad, Z. Abbas, D. Gower, (just some of my favourites from the highlights I have seen) etc etc, but I think that would be wrong as they played under vastly different conditions and against different players....

sachin said:
Squiz i can't see how you'd put waugh in your 5 best batters.
Steve Waugh was one of the most determined batsman ever, building his game around a great defence. He would be a bloody hard batsman to get out.

squiz said:
You probably can't see because I havent posted my list :clap[/QUOluckily you can't see me blushing!lol
luckily you can't see me blushing.
Radaga said:
Steve Waugh was one of the most determined batsman ever, building his game around a great defence. He would be a bloody hard batsman to get out.
with the help of the umpires.

jwalits said:
M. Waugh (the most elegant batsman ever)

i agree with u there mark waugh was one of my favourite players too.
i still remeber the day when he scored his century on debut

shame he retired on a bad note though :(

Last edited:
S. AFRIDI
S. TENDULKAR
S. ANWAR
J. MAINDAD
B. LARA

I WOULD INCLUDE INZAMAM, AKRAM, DRAVID, WAQAR YOUNIS, YOUNIS KHAN, MOIN KHAN, GAVASKAR, ETC.

AFTERWADS

RAZZAQ ALSO

IMRAN FARHAT, IMRAN KHAN

Waqar, Moin, Imran, Farhat and Razzaq as best batsmen?
My, aren't you patriotic...

cricketexpert said:
S. AFRIDI
S. TENDULKAR
S. ANWAR
J. MAINDAD
B. LARA

I WOULD INCLUDE INZAMAM, AKRAM, DRAVID, WAQAR YOUNIS, YOUNIS KHAN, MOIN KHAN, GAVASKAR, ETC.

AFTERWADS

RAZZAQ ALSO

IMRAN FARHAT, IMRAN KHAN
There appears to be a problem with your Caps Lock key. You don't seem to be able to turn it off. I'd suggest you get a new keyboard.

cricketexpert said:
S. AFRIDI
S. TENDULKAR
S. ANWAR
J. MAINDAD
B. LARA

AFTERWADS

RAZZAQ ALSO

IMRAN FARHAT, IMRAN KHAN

Afridi, Anwar, Miandad, Akram, Waqar, Younis, Moin, Razzaq, Farhat and I.Khan better than Sir D.Bradman, Sunny, Viv Richards?

ravigoteti said:
Afridi, Anwar, Miandad, Akram, Waqar, Younis, Moin, Razzaq, Farhat and I.Khan better than Sir D.Bradman, Sunny, Viv Richards?

thats the problem with these threads. patriotism gets in the way of common sense

MWaugh said:
thats the problem with these threads. patriotism gets in the way of common sense

buddy its called judging analytically and if you didn't read I put that after the top five.

Users who are viewing this thread