Best 5 Batsmen ever

ravigoteti said:
Afridi, Anwar, Miandad, Akram, Waqar, Younis, Moin, Razzaq, Farhat and I.Khan better than Sir D.Bradman, Sunny, Viv Richards?
Miandad & Gavaskar were the batsmen of same class,Richards better than both & Bradman is undoubtfully the best batsman of alltime.

Don't you think it's a little hard to rank them because of different era's? You never know... Ponting could be the 2nd best player ever.

andrew_nixon said:
Don Bradman
Garfield Sobers
(Any list without those two isn't worth looking at)
WG Grace
Jack Hobbs
Barry Richards
WG Grace,Jack Hobbs & Barry Richars amongst top 5 batsmen of alltime?.........What can one say?................Redefine bias please.

IloveGilly said:
Don't you think it's a little hard to rank them because of different era's? You never know... Ponting could be the 2nd best player ever.

You just contradicted yourself there mate.

Shoaib87 said:
WG Grace,Jack Hobbs & Barry Richars amongst top 5 batsmen of alltime?.........What can one say?................Redefine bias please.
From dictionary.com
n.
  1. A line going diagonally across the grain of fabric: Cut the cloth on the bias.
    1. A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
    2. An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.
  2. A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.
  3. Sports.
    1. A weight or irregularity in a ball that causes it to swerve, as in lawn bowling.
    2. The tendency of such a ball to swerve.
  4. The fixed voltage applied to an electrode.
adj. Slanting or diagonal; oblique: a bias fold.
tr.v. bi?ased, or bi?assed bi?as?ing, or bi?as?sing bi?as?es or bi?as?ses
  1. To influence in a particular, typically unfair direction; prejudice.
  2. To apply a small voltage to (a grid).
There you go, the defenition of bias. You will note that only two of my 5 are English. I note that you make no attempt to provide any evidence of bias, you just accuse me of it. I expect evidence in your next post to show that I haven't considered batsman from all countries.

Best of all time

Don Bradman (no one comes close to the don)
Garfield Sobers
Viv Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara

Best in recent times

Ricky Ponting
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Adam Gilchrist
Andrew Flintoff

Shoaib87 said:
]

Well you have 2 pakistan batsmen in your ODI best five (Anwar/Inzi). Is this not bias?

tendulkar
bradman not sure because most old cricketers say at that time anly medium pace bowlers existed as the kepeer was so close to the stumps.

lara
dravid
ponting
shewag

Cricket_god said:
tendulkar
bradman not sure because most old cricketers say at that time anly medium pace bowlers existed as the kepeer was so close to the stumps.

lara
dravid
ponting
shewag

You question whether Bradman is that good, and then include Sehwag in your top five batsmen of all time? :clap

stevie said:
You question whether Bradman is that good, and then include Sehwag in your top five batsmen of all time? :clap

i have included bradman and about shewag inspite of his dip in form he is the most destructive opening batsman in test cricket history in first innings check yourself.

andrew_nixon said:
Don Bradman
Garfield Sobers
(Any list without those two isn't worth looking at)
WG Grace
Jack Hobbs
Barry Richards

Not many would have Barry Richards down, But I agree wholeheartedly.

Cricket_god said:
i have included bradman and about shewag inspite of his dip in form he is the most destructive opening batsman in test cricket history in first innings check yourself.

Hardly enough to be classed as one of the best batsmen ever. I didn't mention anything about his form dip, he just shouldn't be in a top five of all time I'm afraid.

Cricket_god said:
Not sure who this Shewag bloke is. He must be a similar player to Brain Lara and Ricky Pointing. :D

Users who are viewing this thread