Best batsman today ?

there are 6-7 batsman that at the moment are playing the best cricket of their life, Ponting has had 2 bad tests against India so far but he played great in 07. Sangakkara and Jayawardene were insane in tests this year, Kallis has been great especially against Pakistan and Shiv Chanderpaul was of the scale in 07, scoring 50s and hundreds at will. and than you Bring in Hussey and Hayden who in their own right had great years well im not going to be the one that ranks these guys it aint easy.

In no order:
Ponting
Hayden
Ganguly
Kallis
Sangakkara
Jayawardene

These lot are in great nick atm.

how many of them had an higher average than chanderpaul in 07?

how many of them consistently makes the runs chanderpaul does ?

how many of them had an higher average than chanderpaul in 07?

how many of them consistently makes the runs chanderpaul does ?

Alright youre Chanderpaul is up there.

lol, All of them are much better batsman than him bar Faisal Iqbal.

All of them are much better batsman then Chanderpaul bar Ganguly.

Chanderpaul better than Ganguly, don't make me laugh. He may be getting more consistent scores and I adore the guy, but he takes forever, grafts and grafts, Ganguly has everything.

But it's only my opinion.

Actully IMO Rahul Dravid is better then both of them.

Chanderpaul better than Ganguly, don't make me laugh. He may be getting more consistent scores and I adore the guy, but he takes forever, grafts and grafts, Ganguly has everything.

yea but there is a reason that Chanders scores at a low strike rate alot of time. Look at the team that Ganguly has around him, look at the team that Ponting has around him, Kallis all those team have a much better middle order than West Indies. they come in with litle presure most of the time while Chanderpaul always has presure on his shoulders to lead the team.

dont know how anyone can be picked ahead of him as the best batsman of 07-08 the way he has played he is ahead of most guys on current form. maybe not Sangakkara.

yea but there is a reason that Chanders scores at a low strike rate alot of time. Look at the team that Ganguly has around him, look at the team that Ponting has around him, Kallis all those team have a much better middle order than West Indies. they come in with litle presure most of the time while Chanderpaul always has presure on his shoulders to lead the team.

dont know how anyone can be picked ahead of him as the best batsman of 07-08 the way he has played he is ahead of most guys on current form. maybe not Sangakkara.

Actually, if you're a losing team, its less pressure on each batsman than if you're an okay team....

Ponting
Sangakkara
Kevin Pieterson

This is really in Tests...South Africa's batsmen, for example, tend to do quite well in one-day forms of the game.

Ganguly's a shocking batsman IMO. I'm supprised his had any International success at all to be honest & he always looks awkward and uncomfortable at the crease.

A batting average at 42 batting in a stronger team compared to a batting average of 47 batting in a weaker team doesn't support your opinion.

All of them are much better batsman than him bar ponting
Why? Because Ponting has the highest batting average of anyone in the current era and an Indian just can't hack it that someone's better then Tendulkar?

Users who are viewing this thread