Best Current Wicketkeeper

evertonfan said:
We aren't forgetting him, we just realise that he isn't a first team regular yet. How can a player who hasn't been their country's number 1 be regarded as the best? Because afte all, this thread isn't about 'young up and comers' it's about the best Wicket-keeper. I'll agree though, he looks to be a worthy successor to Gilly's throne.

I just thought i was a valid point, as what i have seen of him for his club and Australia A and Australia in a few ODI i think, he looks to be a great prospect, kinda like Prior is for England, but Fletch seems not to think about him

langerrox said:
will dhoni be facing a fit full strength english bowling attack?

dont double post dude, the thread is already clogged up as it is.

Could be.

Simon Jones is hoping for a World Cup return. Would be great to have him back, only thing is whether Monty gets picked ahead of Giles. He should be, but we know Fletchers love of a decent tail.

Sureshot said:
Could be.

Simon Jones is hoping for a World Cup return. Would be great to have him back, only thing is whether Monty gets picked ahead of Giles. He should be, but we know Fletchers love of a decent tail.
yeh, that would be great if Jones is back for cup (not for australia's sake) his a top notch bowler and troubles any batsman in the world :hpraise

we will have to see how he recovers and how Dhoni bhai goes

Re: Haddin etc. My original question was who is the best wicket keeper that you've seen, skill wise. By seen, I mean either live or on TV etc. I think it's perfectly possible, especially in the current climate, for the best with the gloves to come from first class cricket, with the focus on batting.

Well, there are many a brilliant glovesman in English County Cricket, in fact most teams have good keepers.

We're lucky to have a great depth in keeping talent.

i agree but the fletch doesnt seem to want to experiment, :D just a bit off topic but did anyone see India Reds Vs. India A today?

Somthing like this could be done in England and put out a very expermental side, maybe 3 wicketkeeper batsmen could be put on a side, but just to test them out!

Simbazz said:
i agree but the fletch doesnt seem to want to experiment, :D just a bit off topic but did anyone see India Reds Vs. India A today?

Somthing like this could be done in England and put out a very expermental side, maybe 3 wicketkeeper batsmen could be put on a side, but just to test them out!

Don't tell me Simbazz you saw the match in England.
I'm sitting in India yet I cannot see the match !

But if you observe one thing,these 3 wicket-keepers have been in the team since the last World-cup,so nothing new here.
I'd rather pick up the under-rated wk's from the U-19 squad and then test them out over here.

Don't tell me Simbazz you saw the match in England.
I'm sitting in India yet I cannot see the match !

Same here! In England it is broadcasted on Sky Sports Extra I think. BCCI should really have given the rights to some known channel. I mean, what is Neo TV? It is unheard of.

shravi said:
Same here! In England it is broadcasted on Sky Sports Extra I think. BCCI should really have given the rights to some known channel. I mean, what is Neo TV? It is unheard of.
The BCCI gave the rights to Nimbus, who can then distribute the rights to anyone they like. And I think they own Neo TV.

Users who are viewing this thread