Best Current Wicketkeeper

pakibro420 said:
i think AC Gillchrist, KC Sangakkara and M Boucher are the current best keepers of the world, and Kamran Akmal and MS Dhoni are the future best keepers of the world.

Dhoni throws his wicket away to easily, in India were he played a shot upwards and Monty Panesar dropped it, two balls later he played exactly the same shot and good ol' monty pouched it.

Akmel is someone who i havnt seen enough of, but ive heard he is a good young player

Akmal has done well up until this tour when quite frankly poor would be a kind description of his performances. I'll judge Dhoni on how he does here next Summer.

Sureshot said:
Akmal has done well up until this tour when quite frankly poor would be a kind description of his performances. I'll judge Dhoni on how he does here next Summer.
why dont you judge it on performances agaisnt the best test in the world :p, he did poorly agaisnt aus in the DLF cup!

I'd have to go for Brendon Taylor:p:p:p.

One a more serious note, I think Boucher is the Best "keeper" while Gilchrist is the best "keeper-batsman. Sangakarra and Dhoni are challenging Gilly's postion as the best "keeper-batsman" of all time but we all know Gilly is a lot better than both of them and he has showed us why.

Sangakarra is a better test batsmen than Gilly and Dhoni in my eyes.

Gilly is the most influencial keeper-batsman but not the best at the moment, Kumar edges infront of gilly as the more consitent performer!

Sanga is a top order batsman though for his country, Gilly is a middle-lower order batsman used to get some quick runs usually and has alot of not outs to boost his average. It isn't really fair to compare their batting in tests.

Kumara Sangakkara is the best right now, as Gilly's reign has declined. But the latter at his best was the best ever.

Boucher comes next with the likes of Dhoni, Akmal, McCullum behind him.

Gilchrist, the best keeper? Nah,Bouncher has always been a better keeper than Gilchrist. Shravi has hitten the nail on the head with his post.

Well then I believe Gilchrist was the best WK-batsman of all time, Sanga is right now. And Boucher is third.

If you are only talking about WK skills, then Read must also be considered.

langerrox said:
why dont you judge it on performances agaisnt the best test in the world :p, he did poorly agaisnt aus in the DLF cup!

It's traditionally harder to keep in England as you get more swing after it's pitched. Many keepers like Stewart and Russell have said so and who are we to argue with 2 of the games finest?

Sureshot said:
It's traditionally harder to keep in England as you get more swing after it's pitched. Many keepers like Stewart and Russell have said so and who are we to argue with 2 of the games finest?
will dhoni be facing a fit full strength english bowling attack?

m_vaughan said:
Kumara Sangakkara is the best right now, as Gilly's reign has declined. But the latter at his best was the best ever.

Boucher comes next with the likes of Dhoni, Akmal, McCullum behind him.
m_vaughan said:
Well then I believe Gilchrist was the best WK-batsman of all time, Sanga is right now. And Boucher is third.
dont double post dude, the thread is already clogged up as it is.

People are week forgetting that Haddin of Australia is a up and coming keeper, ok he isnt the best but i have seen a bit of him and he looks to be going good to take Gilchrist's place when the master stands down!

Simbazz said:
People are week forgetting that Haddin of Australia is a up and coming keeper, ok he isnt the best but i have seen a bit of him and he looks to be going good to take Gilchrist's place when the master stands down!

We aren't forgetting him, we just realise that he isn't a first team regular yet. How can a player who hasn't been their country's number 1 be regarded as the best? Because afte all, this thread isn't about 'young up and comers' it's about the best Wicket-keeper. I'll agree though, he looks to be a worthy successor to Gilly's throne.

Users who are viewing this thread