Best Current Wicketkeeper

Akmal is definately talented. Just under too much pressure, and quite inexperienced. But he can be right up there.

Boucher and Read. Gilly isn't that great and Dhoni is average.
Haven't seen Sanga keep. But he must be good if he can stand up to Murali and Vaas.

ZoraxDoom said:
Akmal is definately talented. Just under too much pressure, and quite inexperienced. But he can be right up there.

Boucher and Read. Gilly isn't that great and Dhoni is average.
Haven't seen Sanga keep. But he must be good if he can stand up to Murali and Vaas.
Read is average as a keeper. Jones was a better keeper, just not as good a batsman anymore.

Read average? Have you seen the leaps he makes? Saves bundles of runs which would have gone for 4wides. And is pretty good to the spinners to boot. Definately the best currently. GoJo just took up keeping part time. He found good form with the gloves, was batting well, and got selected. He is about as good as Dhoni. And I still feel Dhoni shouldn't be in the test team...

Did you see any of the chances he missed that he expected first slip to take? That also includes one off of Yousuf in the fourth test. He's getting better, but he's not to be compared to Boucher yet. In contrast, GoJo was getting much better and didn't make any mistakes through the Pakistan series.

I have watched Sangakara keeping, he is really gud behind the stumps.... He is really gud at batting too.... Kamran Akmal is also a gud keeper and he performs well in his batting....

ZoraxDoom said:
And I still feel Dhoni shouldn't be in the test team...

hmm.. according to me, he is not performing that bad in tests... i still remeber the crucial innings with Pathan in a test against Pakistan that saved us from a crictical situation!!!!

Dhoni is capable of doing more better than he is atm!!! we shd always allow the player to be developed in a long run rather than changing them in short run!!! :rolleyes:

As purely a keeper, Boucher is probably the best of the bunch, Mcullum is also excellent and very underrated. As a keeper batsman, Sangakarra IMO is the best of the bunch, not only does he do well in ODI's, he's also a great test match batsman.

irottev said:
^ Agree with everything you said.

Thing is I have alot of video on NZ cricket games, they're a force in the One Day scene, alot of people seem to be writing them off, they have some explosive Batsmen in Flemming, Vincent, and Oram, and clutch Bowling with the likes of Bond and Vettori. A healthy New Zealand team can compete and beat the other top line teams in Australia, South Africa, India and Pakistan.

BTW, I'm also a huge fan of McCullum :cheers

I would select Sangakarra if I was looking for a wicketkeeper who can add extra runs but purely on wicketkeeping it has to be Boucher. I would of said Gilchrist a few years back but of course he is not getting any younger and his reflexes perhaps ain't the same as a couple years back.

Cricket_60 said:
Mark is certainly a good keeper. My vote would probably be for Gilly simply for his athleticism and skill (with the added bonus of being a great batsman) Akmal, Dhoni and McCullum aren't bad either.

Akmal? you've missed the current tour he's on then.

Boucher for me is the best gloveman, followed by Sangakarra, who also is probably the best batsman of the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread