Kamran Akmal:The Future of Pakistani WicketKeeping?

Looks a good keeper, Sarfraz. I would like to see how he does with the bat and see if he can cement his place.

Sarfraz has shown us what he can do with the gloves, now he has to show us what he can do with the bat, a solid 50 just secure his place in the side...

Well Safraz is a very good keeper. He can bat but wasn't given any chance to display his ability. The fact that Pakistan sent in Tanvir ahead of him tells me he isn't a power player who just slogs, he must be a solid batter. Maybe an opening option for the future? His keeping was amazing. Shame about that stumping as it would have really made his day. Knowing the PCB they'll make up some crappy excuse like Akmal is more experienced and we didn't see Safraz bat so we can't afford to play him again so soon. He should play the tests IMO.

Also, did anyone see AKmal all day during that last ODI? He kept playing with the cameramen's (wait for it) cameras and generally being a prat. It seems he couldn't handle being dropped and so acted stupidly in an attempt to rid himself of his emberassment and disappointment. I enjoyed watching him suffer tbh. Cruel....maybe but i mean c'mon its Akmal. All the commentators were complementing Safraz and his performance.

All you are nuts for asking Sarfraz to come in Indo-Pak test. Has everyone forgot how many match saving innings akmal has made. Dont worry indian batsmen will give chances even if dropped once.

All you are nuts for asking Sarfraz to come in Indo-Pak test. Has everyone forgot how many match saving innings akmal has made. Dont worry indian batsmen will give chances even if dropped once.
I have always been a support of Kamran, even through the English tour of 06.

But now, I think its time for him to get a break from the game.

Scion, tell me. Does a batsman, such as the class of Rahul Dravid give second chances?

VERY rarely.

I dont think so. Dont forget that Tests are not ODIs. India has a solid batting lineup in the tests and i think they will bat more carefully and sensibly than they did in the ODIs :cool:

Sarfraz Ahmed is a good keeper
you can see his confidence in the 5th ODI against India ,,where he caught 2 catches
i think that he should be pakistan's future WIKI

Welcome to the PC network FOOFEI, anyways Yesh! we should give him a little chance for the next test match.

Kamran didi well in this test match though, only letting go of few byes but the wicket was not gr8 for keeping as it was keeping low. maybe he is getting back his confidence. What he needs right now is a gr8 catch or good innings to bolster his confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread