Kamran Akmal:The Future of Pakistani WicketKeeping?

I think Kamran akmal is a good wicket keeper but he just needs a little rest and i think tht Yasir Hameed should be a wicket keeper till Kamran Akmal gets tht rest nd i dont think tht Younis Khan should be the wicket keeper only because Pakistan cant loose a great slip catcher like Younis Khan

The title of this thread is funny ( without the question mark) . Don't you guys have any other option? I heard of some guys HAq who's a keepe

Sarfraz Ahmed and Zulqarain Haider are most recognised after Akmal. Sarfraz captained and won the recent (well not so recent) U-19 WC.

But why are Pakistan portraying him as an opener ?

I'm sorry to say this,but ever since the World Cup the Pakistan team management has been taking certain stupid decisions-especially after the appointment of Lawson as coach.

I think to play an extra batsman! ;)
I bought the Pak/Eng 2005 odi series from EBAY, watched it today. He has some great shots in those matches... :eek:
Unbeleivable that it is the same person who is keeping and batting for Pakistan today...

Also I think they are using Akmal a lot now since he has been with the team for some years and knows how Afridi, Akhtar, Asif, Gul & Kaneria bowls, so even someone as Hameed who has been in our out, Younis who is always in (but would loose a slip catcher, now as Inzi is not any more) or a new WK would need some time to "handle" our bowlers balls properly... :p
But Akmal is not doing that either so well ATM

Last edited:
Extra batsman, can't score a flaking run for fak sake, kick him out.

today lol he dropped ganguly first ball of the match and then he takes a brilliant to dismiss sachin i dont understand he cant catch straighter ones and can catch sideways lol

They have called Sarfaraz Ahmed for the rest of the matches now.

The team management says that Kamran was playing with an injury.
This means that Sarfraz will get a Test cap.

Wow, they recalled a new keeper! I really thought they never would. What a great opportunity for Sarfaraz! :) Make his debut against India... It's like a dream come true! I don't think that 5-6 years back he knew that one day he will keep for Shoaib Akhtar!

The team management says that Kamran was playing with an injury.
This means that Sarfraz will get a Test cap.

i doubt it. i think that Sarfaraz will play in the last 2 ODIs but i think that they will go back to Akmal for the tests. in my opinion this injury thing is just a story so that they can call up a new keeper because Akmal sucked it up in the 1st 3 ODIs and they want to see how this new kid will do so maybe he can be the long term replacment.

I smell a rat in that "injury" thing.

I think theyre are just going to try out the new Ahmed wicketkeeper and if he's any good he will play in the tests, if he's a load of crap then they will just play Akmal again, using the injury as an excuse to try out a new wicketkeeper...

Users who are viewing this thread