Kamran Akmal:The Future of Pakistani WicketKeeping?

Akmal does seem to be a scapegoat for Pakistan, despite rarely being the worst on show. Obviously he has had his recent troubles with his wicketkeeping but his batting was good in the tests, in the one dayers he was either moved around the order or forced to bat with the misfiring tail.

I'm sorry but if he does do alright with the bat, the wicketkeepers job is to take the catches. If he can't do that then he shouldn't be there. Its not as if his batting is amazing anyway, I take your point about him not having a set position and batting with the tail. If he stopped dropping so many (especially off spinners) I wouldn't mind him being in the team.

Hahaha, I was very surprised that he held on to one of the catches from yesterday which wen't hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh in the air :p
I did not watch that T20 game against RSA earlier this year where Zulqarnain Haider played. Did he play as a keeper or just pure batsman? I remember Akmal was also in the starting XI.
And if he did keep, how was he?
And how was he batting, he got out for 4, right? Did he look comfortable?

Sarfaraz has played quiet well, and it seems as he is mature for his age (since he captained U19 team to victory in WC should say some about his ability (not saying he is Einstein)). So they should select him for hm... ASIA CUP? And let him play against Hong Kong, UAE, etc.? He is not in India tour squad, and I doubt they will play him against Australia. Do we have a series against Zimbabwe before the Asia Cup? And WHEN is the Asia Cup?

When he first came to Australia, his batting showed much potential, I think he scored his first ODI century, against the West Indies on that tour, plus there were times in the tests where he showed good composure while better players crumbled on an unfortunate and injury riddled tour. In those rarest of times, his batting can be quite marvellous and he is no doubt held in high regard on the strength of what he is capable of. Put simply however, in the years since his original selection, he hasn't really advanced. I tend to think this is a failure of his coaches, but the practical problem is that Pakistan need a keeper. They aren't hasty to drop him because it will set in stone that they have wasted the five years they have spent with him.

Hahaha, I was very surprised that he held on to one of the catches from yesterday which wen't hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh in the air :p
I did not watch that T20 game against RSA earlier this year where Zulqarnain Haider played. Did he play as a keeper or just pure batsman? I remember Akmal was also in the starting XI.
And if he did keep, how was he?
And how was he batting, he got out for 4, right? Did he look comfortable?

Sarfaraz has played quiet well, and it seems as he is mature for his age (since he captained U19 team to victory in WC should say some about his ability (not saying he is Einstein)). So they should select him for hm... ASIA CUP? And let him play against Hong Kong, UAE, etc.? He is not in India tour squad, and I doubt they will play him against Australia. Do we have a series against Zimbabwe before the Asia Cup? And WHEN is the Asia Cup?

Yeah, Akmal played in that match as an outfielder. SA didn't lose a wicket chasing Pakistans score. Don't remember too much of that game but I do dinstinctively remember Akmal dropped the only chance of the game for Pakistan, on the boundary! Looks like he can't catch at all, with or without gloves!

yeh drop him try moin again if he wants a comebak for few series he was looking for corld cup 2007 come bak rite?? so why not try him?? or someone else

We're look for future talent, I respect Moin but we need someone to take the spot for at least until the next WC.

When I think of Akmal and PCB... I think that something is being waisted, new talent?? his career? somthing??

We're look for future talent, I respect Moin but we need someone to take the spot for at least until the next WC.

Not Moin again, I don?t want to see Politics in Pakistan Cricket again. We need a boy with potential to bat and with gloves.

Last edited:
We shouldn't be looking into the past with the likes of Moin. When he was playing he was great. Decent batter, very good wicketkeeper but he had his time and nows it somebody elses turn. Kamran Akmal has failed too many times and been given too many chances. He needs to be replaced. Why is it thay only Usy and I see it this way?

We shouldn't be looking into the past with the likes of Moin. When he was playing he was great. Decent batter, very good wicketkeeper but he had his time and nows it somebody elses turn. Kamran Akmal has failed too many times and been given too many chances. He needs to be replaced. Why is it thay only Usy and I see it this way?

I do too. But yaar who are we going to bring in? Sarfraz?

Maybe we can try him out in the practice match against Delhi.

go down to the streets of Pakistan and see. talent is there, defo!

Just answer me this - Could he do any worse than what akmal has been doing for the past year and a half? I think we both know the right answer to that. We need new talent bhai. Before you know it Akmal will be 34-36 and all the young talent would have been wasted and Pakistan cricket would have suffered, greatly.

Just answer me this - Could he do any worse than what akmal has been doing for the past year and a half? I think we both know the right answer to that. We need new talent bhai. Before you know it Akmal will be 34-36 and all the young talent would have been wasted and Pakistan cricket would have suffered, greatly.

Yeah, but we should introduce him NOW. In the game against Delhi if we are going to play him against India.

Yeah, but we should introduce him NOW. In the game against Delhi if we are going to play him against India.

That would be ideal, but knowing the PCB it won't happen. DOn't they see how crap he is? Why do they persist with him? Great comments ppl. Its so nice discussing cricket with people who share the same interests. PC RULEZ

Users who are viewing this thread