Best Wicket Keeper-Batsman in Test Cricket

Who's the Best Keeper-Batsman currently playing Test Cricket

• Total voters
Huh?

Kumble and Harbhajan aren't big spinners of the ball at all. Krejza gets more turn than both of them put together, and you know it. Also, since when did keeping to world class spinners mean you get excused to let byes through?

I'm not going to bother replying to you anymore. You're so biased there is no point. Like trying to argue with Ben all over again.

By the way, your signature image is so fail worthy it's almost funny.
So sorry to see yet another green-eyed poster who does not have enough anything in his arsenal (pity his GF, if he ever has one) to have a go at one's signature just trying to even. What the hell.

Ask any keeper in the world, and he would say keeping to bouncy spinners is the most difficult thing in the world. Krejza didn't trouble Haddin much because Indian batsmen ensured hardly any balls let them pass by. Haddin's glovework even against pacers was pathetic to say the least. Dhoni hardly let anything off Indian pacemen.

You just want to bait out Indians out there? Sad plight, so anyway, how's the view down there?

Precambrian added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

lol, I think he's referring to how the image has been shooped to have an Indian flag, and not an American one.
Really? I didn't shopp it myself. Never even knew it was supposed to be having American flag. :p

Anyway message is more important.

It's a very famous picture, taken by Joe Rosenthal.

There's even a statue of it. It's epic, seen it up close.

34729688.iwogima.jpg

Anyways, what does this have to do with WKB's? :p

So sorry to see yet another green-eyed poster who does not have enough anything in his arsenal (pity his GF, if he ever has one) to have a go at one's signature just trying to even.

My eyes are brown though....

You just want to bait out Indians out there? Sad plight, so anyway, how's the view down there?

No I don't want to bait Indians. I was simply telling you a fact that Dhoni let through 2 runs in byes more than Haddin did. That's all I was doing. Of course, I was humored at the way you used your amazing bias to respond.

And yes, the view from number 10 is pretty amazing. Or is it 11 now? Meh, I never have any clue. It's pretty amazing. Thanks for asking.

didn't trouble Haddin much because Indian batsmen ensured hardly any balls let them pass by.

Lol. This is the reason you're really not worth trying to engage in conversation.

Mark Boucher in my mind, would certainly be the better wicket keeper/batsmen going around at the moment. If Gilly was still playing, i'd just edge him infront of Boucher

While boucher is no where near the best batsman, his keeping is definitely the best with his only keeping rival Prasanna Jayawardene. And in my opinion when rating a keeper batsman, his keeping is far more important. Neither Dohni, nor Prior nor Haddin, are amazing keepers, so even though they are probably the best batsman, a keeper should never. ever drop a catch, it's unforgivable. So on that point, I say Boucher wins it with McCullum taking second place.

While boucher is no where near the best batsman, his keeping is definitely the best with his only keeping rival Prasanna Jayawardene. And in my opinion when rating a keeper batsman, his keeping is far more important. Neither Dohni, nor Prior nor Haddin, are amazing keepers, so even though they are probably the best batsman, a keeper should never. ever drop a catch, it's unforgivable. So on that point, I say Boucher wins it with McCullum taking second place.
When has Dhoni dropped a crucial catch in the test matches of late?

The best keeper is McCullum, no contest. He is more athletic than any other keeper easily. He rarely gives away byes. Dhoni is a solid keeper, he never really lets much get away from him, but he still can't compete with the athleticism of McCullum.

The best batsman of the lot is probably Dhoni. McCullum isn't too much worse though really. McCullum has had more high scores but less consistent.

Boucher's keeping didn't impress me against Australia. His batting was good though.

For the complete package it's probably between those 3. The others haven't shown enough yet to be close.

Last edited:
The best keeper is McCullum, no contest. He is more athletic than any other keeper easily. He rarely gives away byes. Dhoni is a solid keeper, he never really lets much get away from him, but he still can't compete with the athleticism of McCullum.

I think McCullum is the most athletic, but Boucher is the better keeper in my book. Similar types though.

Dhoni is respected by me as a leader and a gritty player, not so much a skilled one.

Boucher dropped chances and let a heck of a lot of byes through in the Australian test and ODI series. He used to be a great keeper. I dunno if he's getting a bit old. I actually thought De Villiers did better with the gloves in the last 2 ODIs.

Boucher dropped chances and let a heck of a lot of byes through in the Australian test and ODI series. He used to be a great keeper. I dunno if he's getting a bit old. I actually thought De Villiers did better with the gloves in the last 2 ODIs.

Ah okay fair enough.

Remember though Boucher was pretty heavily injured for most of the tour. I think you may be blowing it a bit out of proportion though, during the Test series he was brilliant from what I saw.

Users who are viewing this thread