Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

Yeah just saw that earlier yesterday,

Im paying for the actual game just to get the patch working, because i downloaded it lol :P

Hope its worth it.

I think they should put a requirement for 25 matches played in order to be in the averages leaderboard.

This will make the averages look at lot more realistic and not just one hit wonders.

Surely can not be too hard to implement. If not then no biggie, I am so happy with the quitting system now that they could send me a bill in the mail and I'll pay it with a smile :)

I think they should put a requirement for 25 matches played in order to be in the averages leaderboard.

This will make the averages look at lot more realistic and not just one hit wonders.

Surely can not be too hard to implement. If not then no biggie, I am so happy with the quitting system now that they could send me a bill in the mail and I'll pay it with a smile :)

Yes it is going to be very effective for determining who you decide to play with. Personally I don't mind about the stats as they don't really interest me but it would be great if they were more extensive and that you could keep a record of all your personal stats so that you could see over a length of time how things were changing.

How is your tournament going or have you put it on hold until the patch comes for consoles!?:)

Round 2 of MB Cup will be a week after the patch releases. There are many going on right now, so I felt a break is in order.

Will put vbookie odds at the start of the tournament :)

Why there is no free hit in ODI's???....
New patch improved batting and most of all we wont have to get angry on quitters anymore:happy

Why there is no free hit in ODI's???....
New patch improved batting and most of all we wont have to get angry on quitters anymore:happy

You wont need to get banned again then!:D:laugh

Welcome back my friend how are you doing?:)

dutchad added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Round 2 of MB Cup will be a week after the patch releases. There are many going on right now, so I felt a break is in order.

Will put vbookie odds at the start of the tournament :)

Sounds like a wise set! I'll be following again of course. Made a lot of vcash on the last one!:)

My feedback after playing a T20 with the new patch.

Batting: Still too easy. It's a bit too easy to time the ball, and my poor shots are still going for runs. The AI sets fields an occasionally doesnt bowl to them.

Bowling: Hard to not bowl no-balls; good! The AI doesnt take any singles, IMO opinion if the ball is going out of the circle the AI should take atleast one run, its not like in real cricket where the fielder charges in.

Miscellaneous: After taking a catch Ravi Bopara piffed the ball to mid wicket. A bit strange. Off every no ball and occasionally of legit ones the catching circle didn't come up, and the fielder dropped the catch! Yes, I was bowling.

Batting : I too feel that the batting is still too easy in Offline mode. Even with Hard Settings.

Bowling : On hard the bowling seems to be fair. As trying too hard will often result in a no ball.

whats the MB cup?

The Monty Burns Cup, an online PS3 Ashes tournamnet that hmarka setup and very successfully run it was too. I followed it and bet lots of vcash on an unknown outsider by the name of cheesesarni who went on and won! Thats why I have such a stupid sig!

Some feedback from me on the new beta patch:

Played ashes as England on hard.

Must say the game is MUCH more enjoyable now.

I find bowling to be a great, batting is waaayyy better. Lofted shots still go to the boundary but there now is a lot more risk in playing the shot.

When a batsman comes to the crease you cannot just start blazing away.... yes you may get 1 or 2 lucky boundaries, but chances are you will get out.

Batsmen should first play themselves in.

Aus batted first and got 471 - yes i dropped about 7 catches, close catching is difficult, outfield catches is a bit easier.

Batted and openers got 124 partnership, but then it all went a bit pear shaped for the English as i was all out for 202 and had to follow on. Only managed 131 in second innings.

I must practice bowling a bit more, as i got creamed. (on hard)

Played on normal as well, but the ai seems a lot easier on normal. Got aus out for 94.

No more silly run outs. Bowling lengths are great. Ai seems to set fields at random, more often than not, the decisions are good regarding field placement. (on hard) Just wish i could turn of the question and answer sounds, so that i can only have some of the commentary.....

Okay, i batted now on normal, is really too easy - imho. Standing at 40/0 after 2 overs, not playing lofted shots.

keeperventer added 5 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

In some ways thats good to hear as there was a worry that freezing might be caused by custom rosters. I haven't experienced any freezing on the default roster but loads on the custom one. I wonder why that is? Did this happen just once to you or a number of times?

I had freezing when playing with SA using a custom roster, NO freezing however when playing ashes....... Strange, will have to reinstall and play with default SA roster to see if it is the custom names etc.?????

keeperventer added 3 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

As per a previous post :

I have turned shadow down to low and switched off special effects thinking this may help but I am still having the game freeze on me.

I have played the first innings (both bowling and batting) of the first Ashes test and the freeze only happened to me when the player is bowling and the AI is batting. Game was fine when I was batting and the AI was bowling - no freezing problem there.

The game hung on me six times over the course of bowling 77.3 overs. First three times were when the ball had been hit by the AI along the ground for a four. As the ball was approaching the boundary the game just froze - twice with Broad the bowler and once with Anderson.

Next time was when the ball had been hit in the air off Swann. Then again when Swann was just reaching the crease to release a bowl.

The last time - which was most annoying - was with Collingwood bowling, just as I made a beautiful catch and the fielder hit the ground with the ball safely in his hands (this really hosed me off, as previously I must have dropped about 20 catches !!)

FYI - I am playing an offline one player game. I am on the Ashes first test on normal level, player as England, AI as Australia. I am also using a custom field.

My freezing problems appeared at the same stage, when the ball was approaching the boundary, the fielder starts picking it up, and the game just froze. Happened to me three times in a row. Playing custom rosters with SA.

Some feedback from me on the new beta patch:

Played ashes as England on hard.

Must say the game is MUCH more enjoyable now.

I find bowling to be a great, batting is waaayyy better. Lofted shots still go to the boundary but there now is a lot more risk in playing the shot.

When a batsman comes to the crease you cannot just start blazing away.... yes you may get 1 or 2 lucky boundaries, but chances are you will get out.

Batsmen should first play themselves in.

Aus batted first and got 471 - yes i dropped about 7 catches, close catching is difficult, outfield catches is a bit easier.

Batted and openers got 124 partnership, but then it all went a bit pear shaped for the English as i was all out for 202 and had to follow on. Only managed 131 in second innings.

I must practice bowling a bit more, as i got creamed. (on hard)

Played on normal as well, but the ai seems a lot easier on normal. Got aus out for 94.

No more silly run outs. Bowling lengths are great. Ai seems to set fields at random, more often than not, the decisions are good regarding field placement. (on hard) Just wish i could turn of the question and answer sounds, so that i can only have some of the commentary.....

Okay, i batted now on normal, is really too easy - imho. Standing at 40/0 after 2 overs, not playing lofted shots.

keeperventer added 5 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

I had freezing when playing with SA using a custom roster, NO freezing however when playing ashes....... Strange, will have to reinstall and play with default SA roster to see if it is the custom names etc.?????

keeperventer added 3 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

My freezing problems appeared at the same stage, when the ball was approaching the boundary, the fielder starts picking it up, and the game just froze. Happened to me three times in a row. Playing custom rosters with SA.

I have been using aussie1st's latest roster and no freezes what-so-ever so I am not sure what it is about!

The Monty Burns Cup, an online PS3 Ashes tournamnet that hmarka setup and very successfully run it was too. I followed it and bet lots of vcash on an unknown outsider by the name of cheesesarni who went on and won! Thats why I have such a stupid sig!

Ooh thanks dutch, I've been wondering about your sig....

One area which still needs a bit tweaking is tendency and direction of lofted shots being played by the set (Bold and above) batsman in test matches. In the beta 2 patch, the batsmen does play all around the square when playing lofted shots.. but there is still the tendency to pick out the straightish long-on or long-off dielder when there is other places to hit the ball. it especially happens when spinners are bowling and it's a bit frustrating to see AI batsmen playing beautifully for 35-40 runs and then lofting the ball straight to long-on!
If this area is tweaked and AI chooses the direction more intelligently, I think they can score more runs as currently I can bowl them out for about 220-250.

Users who are viewing this thread