Story BFN Bombers - Battrick Story

SUNDAY YOUTH PULL

Joe Allsopp (1170798)
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: BFN Bombers
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 2,425
Wages: ?338 p/w
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Why does this sort of player appear now.... why, oh why! Had I lumped a few ITS on him with regards to batting he would be amazing. Pity I didn't due to it being late this season. Shame though, fired!

Join us later for an overview of today's PCL match.

PLANETCRICKET LEAGUE OVERVIEW

We faced a tough away game at the Cricketers National Ground against Borncricketers XI.

Battrick has summed the pitch and weather up quite nicely.

Welcome to Cricketers National Ground for the match between Borncricketers XI and BFN Bombers.

We can tell you that Borncricketers XI won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloudy and humid day.

Borncricketers XI have selected Mckenzie, Abdul kadir, Karthikeyan, Hocking, Angell, Bowler, Ahmed, Ali, Masilo, Tau, Alshaun.

BFN Bombers have picked Spiller, Barnard, Mainey, Gore, Nicholls, Furlong, Noon, Samuel, Singh, Breen, Bird.

BFNBXIscore.jpg

Things started quickly, Abdul kadir both scoring well and departing quickly. It was always going to be a tough ask for our bowlers, but it was a decent start. Things went slowly but steadily, and spinner Breen came on to see what fortune he might bring, and on the 2nd ball of his 1st over he got rid of Karthikeyan. Breen was on fire and an over later he sent Hocking back for an early shower. We were on top of things at this point, and scoring was slow. Nearing the end of his spell Breen was still bowling well and got rid of Mckenzie who was proving a threat. Bowler came in and tried set the world alight, it didnt happen and he just trundled along. The innings went into sleep mode for a period of time, until Bird got himself some seed in the form of slow scoring Angell. Things still looked good, as Ahmed wasnt scoring horibly fast either. Singh came back, and decided Ahmed had to go, bringing Masilo in, this is when Ali exploded starting to hit everything. Masilo didn't score much, but he did it quickly which was needed until Singh got the better of him. Tau was the next to tumble, also to Singh. Samuel was also back to finish things off and got rid of the danger man at the time Ali, ending the innings having us to chase 188.

188 is a big total against a side like this, and it wasnt going to be easy. Things didnt start too well for us with Barnard going early. Spiller hung around a bit trying to keep things stable and seemed to find a good partner in Mainey, but he departed, and soon after so did Spiller. Key batsman for us, Gore was now in with high flying youngster Nicholls. Unfortunately Gore went an over later leaving us very very vulnerable to a score under 70. Nicholls didnt last long either leaving a few overs later. Furlong and Noon were left to save our pride and get some runs on the board, they went well getting a nice partnership going. Furlong got a bit hasty and got out, bringing in Samuel. they found the tail. Samuel tried to hand around with Noon, but it was too great a task for the mediocre bat. Once he left things were rather brief, with the rest of the tail tumbling around Noon.

BXIBFNscore.jpg

The ratings show that once we broke the top order we needed to get through the middle alot better, but thats only one side of the story. On the other hand his seam bowling was just that little bit too much for us and it showed in the way we were dismissed. Mckenzie gets MoM but Ali is also a candidate with his quick runs at the end for them, and his 4 wickets for miserly runs.

What we can take away from this match is that Noon has proven a consistant performer under pressure like this, and our seam and spin departments arent too bad bar all-rounder Barnard. Finally we lacked a batter that played through from the start leaving the middle order with all the work.

In Summary:

Borncricketers XI 188/10 (45.4)
Mckenzie 53
Ali 25
Singh 4/38 (8)

BFN Bombers 105/10 (32.2)
Noon 31
Furlong 31
Ali 4/21 (9.2)

BFN Bombers lost by 83 runs.

It was a good game, got scared once i was at 90/4 but then every one chipped in to get us up till 188. Bowlers did well to defend a low total. Good Game and Good Luck in the season

Bad luck Max your bowlers did a good job in restricting them but the batters didn't perform this time round.

MONDAY TRAINING REPORT

So I went down to the nets today, not to look for youthful talent but to see how the trainees are progressing.

Jonathon Bird - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,388
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

Ken Nicholls ---> BTR increase

Eddie Samuel ---> BTR increase

Things are looking good for the future, should be a while before some pops come around again.

WEDNESDAY UPDATE

FINANCIAL UPDATE​

Current Balance: ?1,898,748
Projected balance at next Update: ?1,949,996

So after a small stadium exspansion things have recovered well, especially considering I have only received the usual income, and income from an away friendly. This Firday I should see all the fans filling my newly upgraded stadium to the brim. The exspansion will be completed tomorrow, so expect an update on that and the upcoming league match.

Heres a quick view of the league table:

1. BFN Bombers 9 9 0 0 36 46.19
2. jimbos X1 9 6 0 3 24 -2.11
3. 35ers Batsmen 9 6 0 3 24 -7.31
4. The Captains X1 9 4 0 5 16 -1.92
5. herstbridge CC 9 4 0 5 16 -2.99
6. Reaserch CC 9 4 0 5 16 -3.86
7. C.A. La Boh?me 9 3 0 6 12 -15.51
8. Sandton 9 0 0 9 0

Don't forget to drop by for tomorrows updates!

FRIDAY LEAGUE MATCH PREVIEW

So were staring at another walkover league match!

bfnjimcom.jpg

Jimbos XI has probably got the single best top order rating of all the new teams, doesn't really mean much though as my bowlers should rip him apart anyway. Hopefully we don't run these lads to ragged as the prospect of promoting to, to strong a league just dawned. I'm quite happy staying put or dropping a tad, but going up definitely doesn't go down too well.

Expected line up :

Nicholls, Gore, Mainey, Spiller, Barnard, Furlong, Noon(+), Samuel, Breen, Singh(*), Bird

Last edited:
FRIDAY LEAGUE MATCH OVERVIEW

So Jimbos XI came over the the Bloemfontein Oval, the pitch was green and the newly upgraded stadium was packed. What more did the home team need for a resounding win? Perhaps a few scantily clad cheerleaders would do, but with a performance like today's, it wasn't neccessary.

bfnjimbscore.jpg

It took them 20 overs to score 37 runs, or did it take us 20 overs to get them out? Which ever way you look at it, it doesn't look too peachy for Jimbos batting. Samuel decided he was in a good mood, so he took a 5-for, oddly young captain Janardan Singh had no effect today, not even coming off with a maiden over. It didn't really matter though, Bird and Barnard took care of the stragglers easily enough.

So after a good bowling performance, the lads set of to chase the total. They did it quickly enough taking a mere 6.2 overs to reach the total Jimbos batters could muster. So why was it soo easy?

Take a look at these ratings: -

BFNjimbocoma.jpg

Doesn't tell a good story for them, there batting is a tad lower, and the bowling just wasn't good enough. In the end a well deserved MOTM award for Samuel and his 5-for.

Summary

Jimbos XI - 37/10 (19.4)
Vine 19
Samuel 5/13

BFN Bombers - 40/0 (6.2)
Nicholls 22
Henry 0/20

BFN Bombers win by 10 wickets.

Aussie1st said:
What's going on with the guys in your league, isn't that hard to get that top order rating to feeble.

I think its partly due to the fact their starting teams are horrible, I had an all-round absymal squad when I began, and I think they aren't making any big signings yet, if they have even made any. The main reason behind there squads being so horrible, is that the teams have been inactive for close to 3 seasons in some cases. So it would be hard work to get a good team going in a short time.

STADIUM EXSPANSION

We are proud to announce here at Bloemfontein Oval that our ground exspansion has been completed, increasing the capacity from 24 000 to 26 000.

Here is the current lay-out:
Capacity: 26000

Standing Room: 11700
Uncovered Seats: 10400
Covered Seats: 2860
Members Seats: 1040

Well as expected it was an average boosting game for your guys, Samuels in particular.

On their teams, all it takes is a few buys and the top order can be feeble (that's the case for me anyway).

PLANET CRICKET LEAGUE - DIV 2

So after suffering a loss at the hands of Borncricketers XI a week ago, the Rabbitohs of NSW Australia come to our glorious ground. Past form for the Rabbitohs doesn't look too bad, a win in their last league match and a loss to Challengers XI in their last PCL fixture. The Rabbitohs will hope to shake any jet lag as quickly as possible, as they will need to play well to beat us, besides we suffered a close loss to them last season and we would love to rectify it. We on the other hand are still keeping up our unbeaten run in the league, coming over from last season, and a tight loss against BXI.

bfnrabcom.jpg

Taking a look at the ratings we have the upper hand, our bowling looks a bit more formidable and our batting is more solid. It doesn't mean were heading for a walkover by any means though, a good game for a key batter and bowler of theirs and things could be different. What the Rabbitohs can expect is a beautiful, lush and green pitch ready for the seamers and a hot Free State summers day. This one should be good.

Expected line-up:
Nicholls, Gore, Mainey, Spiller, Barnard, Furlong, Noon(+), Samuel, Breen, Singh (*), Bird

Match starts 07:30 BST, check here for updates.

TRANSFER SPECULATION

Tony Boyd (874333)
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, competent batting form, feeble bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: BFN Bombers
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 2,017
Wages: ?493 p/w
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Tony is expected to leave us for a paltry 1k, but with a few minutes still to go it could be more. He was brought in as a back-up/variation player to the squad but never made his mark. Sadly, he won't be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread