Story BFN Bombers - Battrick Story

MONDAY TRAINING REPORT

So I went down to the nets to see how training was going, not as brilliant as last week but a good week nontheless.

Ken Nicholls - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,824
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: competent

A pop in fielding for Nicholls, rounds of three straight weeks of skill pops for him.

Eddie Samuel - 18 yo, BT Rating=17,172
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: quality Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

A nice stamina pop there, so he can keep storming in over after over winning matches for me!

Bird got an increase in BTR so not too bad there either.

you have some good players comming up max. Looking forward to this weeks game

borncricketer said:
you have some good players comming up max. Looking forward to this weeks game

Yep, they'll be pretty decent in a few seasons, but still not near to the players you have in your squad. Our match should be a good one, although I still expect you to win it quite easily.

FRIDAY LEAGUE MATCH

BFNCAcom.jpg

Woops, some of you might notice the same match here, truth us I stuffed up last week. I'm not really taking this match too seriously, I'm actually considering resting a player or two just to see what might happen. The real fixture to look out for this week is Sunday's match in the PlanetCricket League. So here's looking forward to a weakend sqaud on Friday.

Expected line-up:
Nicholls, Gore, Mainey, Spiller, Barnard, Furlong, Noon(+), Samuel, Soft, Breen, Singh(*).

NEWSFLASH!

It has just been recently announced that some changes will be made at the Bloemfontein Oval. There will be a stadium exspansion which will increase the current capacity of 24000 to a figure around the 26000 region. It is estimated that this work will take approximately a week to complete.

Aussie1st said:
Nice, small steps at a time increase the stadium size I see.

Well of late yes, I made a huge increase at the beginning of this season and last. I now just decided to capatilise on the last 7 weeks of the season to get that little bit more money in for a star player. And the small, but advantageous increase keeps me safe for next season if it doesnt go too well, nor does it sap too much of my current money.

PLANETCRICKET LEAGUE MATCH PREVIEW

So we're up against a really tough Borncricketer's XI in our first match of the PlanetCricket League for this year. This league basically gets run on each Sunday when a 'friendly' would take place, thereby keeping the match each week, but adding a little competition in the 'friendly' factor. Some teams have even concentrated more on this league than their more important Friday league matches.

BFNBXIcom.jpg

The ratings show what sort of work (luck?) is needed to get a good result here, let alone even a win. The Borncricketers XI is a strong team, and challenged for promotion to the top tier of the PC League last season, but only narrowly missed out. We well need all of our players to perform at their best, and some luck won't be missed either.

Expected line-up : Nicholls, Gore, Mainey, Spiller, Barnard, Furlong, Noon(+), Samuel, Bird, Breen, Singh(*).

Maxkarter said:
Well of late yes, I made a huge increase at the beginning of this season and last. I now just decided to capatilise on the last 7 weeks of the season to get that little bit more money in for a star player. And the small, but advantageous increase keeps me safe for next season if it doesnt go too well, nor does it sap too much of my current money.

Good point there.

BC is the favourite but Max does have a 35% chance of winning. Only 2 places where he is better than you, in particular the seam bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread