OTHER Big Ant Studios Lacrosse - PlayStation3, Xbox360, PC

Ross, will this and any other sports projects put off production on future editions of don bradman? Will it most likely be 2015 before a next gen cricket game is released by yourselves?

Good thing I don't know anything about Lacrosse otherwise I might get my red pen out... Nah, jokes. I'm all over this... love to support this kinda Kickstarter, it's exactly the way that website should work, for unique offerings that you wouldn't get under a mainstream scenario. Not for vanity projects... Count me in, don't know a thing about the game but will gladly support it.

Good thing I don't know anything about Lacrosse otherwise I might get my red pen out... Nah, jokes. I'm all over this... love to support this kinda Kickstarter, it's exactly the way that website should work, for unique offerings that you wouldn't get under a mainstream scenario. Not for vanity projects... Count me in, don't know a thing about the game but will gladly support it.

Read up

Hasn't next-gen DB14 already been confirmed for next year; or am I making that up?

Assuming the kickstarter for this laccross game has decent enough prices for a pre-order (i.e. no more than ?30/?40 for a pre-order: I'll probably donate some money to the kickstarter - I'm never been disappointed by a Big Ant sports game yet; and although BAs involvement in this game is less than DB14/RLL; I doubt that it'll be anything but a good game!

Hasn't next-gen DB14 already been confirmed for next year; or am I making that up?

Assuming the kickstarter for this laccross game has decent enough prices for a pre-order (i.e. no more than ?30/?40 for a pre-order: I'll probably donate some money to the kickstarter - I'm never been disappointed by a Big Ant sports game yet; and although BAs involvement in this game is less than DB14/RLL; I doubt that it'll be anything but a good game!

100% of the content is made here at Big Ant, you'll be happy with the Kickstarter as it includes a copy of the game for less than what you have quoted :)

How does this kickstarter thing work? Is it an instant donation or a pledge? And how much we have to donate to be included in the game?

I have never played the game or seen it being played except in some random movies or tv commercials...but would like to donate some just because it is a niche sport and BAS is making it

How does this kickstarter thing work? Is it an instant donation or a pledge? And how much we have to donate to be included in the game?

Here's an example of how Kickstarter works:

Creator sets a goal (IE how much they need to make the game).

There are different tiers of donations (for example, ?20 gets you a copy of the game, ?50 gets you that PLUS your face in the game, ?100 gets you those PLUS a custom artbook and soundtrack, ?500 gets you those PLUS a personal video message from the team, ?10,000 and you get to go to dinner with Ross and listed as Exec Producer etc etc)

The campaigns run for 30 days: you pledge your donation and, if at the end of 30 days their target has been met, the money is all taken from donators accounts and delivered to the developer. DONE!

It's fast becoming developer's route of choice: it means you can get all funding up front direct from fans and run the project as you see fit, reporting only to those fans. Plus you retain all the IP.
I reckon about 80% of the projects I see currently are proposing to use Kickstarter (or other crowdfunding sites, but KS is by far the biggest) and a whole new industry has been born in specializing in creating and publicizing these campaigns!

Users who are viewing this thread