OTHER Big Ant Studios Lacrosse - PlayStation3, Xbox360, PC

Fascinating stuff this kick-starter. I had not taken the crowd sourcing thing too seriously, but looks like a good business model for creating Niche games. 7k$ already pledged, what are you looking at as a first day collection Ross?

Since I am in the USA, I am trying to get my colleagues who played college Lacrosse interested in this. :thumbs

qq, do you know if this game will have females? A few of my colleagues who are females, were interested, but were asking this.

The first iteration will not have female players.

At least we now know it's not just cricket games where people have a warped idea of EA's contribution to sports games.

Someone with huge passion for a sport as you clearly have here and a games development company that has a history of doing a good job of making smaller market sports titles work is the best combination I can think of to get something like this done.

Yet you still get comment after comment of 'is EA making this', 'it won't be successful if it isn't EA', etc.

15k $ crossed on day 1, bravo :cheers.

Does make me wonder, what kind of a response DBC 14 would have got, if it was to be crowd funded.

At least we now know it's not just cricket games where people have a warped idea of EA's contribution to sports games.

Someone with huge passion for a sport as you clearly have here and a games development company that has a history of doing a good job of making smaller market sports titles work is the best combination I can think of to get something like this done.

Yet you still get comment after comment of 'is EA making this', 'it won't be successful if it isn't EA', etc.

I've seen comments saying that if this is successful EA should take over the next game. I'm thinking that if the game is successful wouldn't you want the same people building on the next one

I've seen comments saying that if this is successful EA should take over the next game. I'm thinking that if the game is successful wouldn't you want the same people building on the next one

We've spoken to all the majors about Lacrosse. One of them even had a EP selected and we had a design ready to go - then the GFC happened :(

Lacrosse is not something that EA will be interested in anytime soon.

I like the idea of beta access. The incentives look so tempting.

Easiest 25 I've spent... genuinely hope this thing gets funded, at the very least promotes using Kickstarter in the right way and for these types of projects getting funded can only help any future Cricket titles by BigAnt... trickle-down effect n'all.

There is no doubt that the tech created for Cricket has helped Lacrosse, the reverse will be true for the next Cricket title.

^Reason to fund it, right there. Wallets out, kids.

It's brutal... I don't think their bravery is at all in question.

Men's Netball is the ultimate man's sport.

Netball... the biggest participation sport in Australia, except golf... if only the demographic was into games!

Users who are viewing this thread