• Abdul Razzaq

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Justin Kemp

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.9%

• Total voters
Gibbsrules said:
Everyone mentions Klusener during the WC,but he is smashing the bowling in provincial cricket once again,he's now in the form he was in during the 99 WC.The other day he smashed two sixes streight out of Kingsmead stadium,he even picks the slower ball and smashes it over the boundry.

Klusener is a true match-winner........I can still remember is world cup 99 performances with those big-hitting in the final few overs and that semi-final when the South Africans needed quick runs and Klusener got the South Africans so near to the final......but Donald cost it for them with that silly run out.

I can still remember the first world cup 03 game when South Africa was in trouble and needed about 8 an over to win the game and then Klusener came in and bludgened his way to a 50 scoring 5 huge sixes, and that game too Klusener nearly won it for the South Africans.

I think Klusener is a bigger hitter then Gilchrist, Cairns, Afridi and Sehwag......and he also carries one of the heaviest bats in cricket.

i think tendulkar has the heaviest bats, and what suprises me is matthew haydens bat is only 2 pound 8

langerrox said:
i think tendulkar has the heaviest bats, and what suprises me is matthew haydens bat is only 2 pound 8
Hayden has explained the reason for this. On fast, bouncy pitches, a heavy bat is a hindrance. Where on slow, dead pitches, the heavy bat is useful at imparting maximum power on the strike, the same bat can never be as fast on the pickup as a lighter version. Hayden's bat affords him as much nimbleness as he needs to handle the pacemen with the new ball at the Gabba from day 1.

But really, I don't see why any world class batsman would need a 3 lb bat anymore. The perfomance of modern bats is amazing and even at 2'8, it's a far meatier bat than what was used by a lot of great batsmen in the past.

The simple truth is that a guy like Hayden could hit the boundary with a rolled up newspaper.

Here is my XI for the big hitters (fast run scorers)

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Chris Gayle
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sanath Jayasuriya
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Shahid Afridi
9. Mahendra Dhoni
10. Chris Cairns
11. Abdul Razzaq
(Players in batting order not ranking)

usy57_pak said:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Chris Gayle
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sanath Jayasuriya
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Shahid Afridi
9. Mahendra Dhoni
10. Chris Cairns
11. Abdul Razzaq
Kallis???????????
Hits them once in 10 matches.

Well, we are talking about BIG hitters, not consistant ones...

I would have Afridi opening!

Sureshot said:
I think he meant this.

"Isn't it 'boom boom Afridi'?"

Yea thats right but i dont know why andrew is showing attitude. yoo if u know more english than me so why cant u teach me.lol :D

Last edited:
usy57_pak said:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Chris Gayle
3. Jacques Kallis
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sanath Jayasuriya
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Shahid Afridi
9. Mahendra Dhoni
10. Chris Cairns
11. Abdul Razzaq