Razzaq
Cairns
Flintoff
Afridi
Kallis
Jayasuriy
Sachin
Viru

Looks like a perfectly fine bowling attack.

You could chuck in Akhtar/Pollock and Mabee even Lee as they can all hit the ball pretty big

only one classic player done this job Sir Garfield Sobers

irottev said:
You could chuck in Akhtar/Pollock and Mabee even Lee as they can all hit the ball pretty big

Yeah these guys also smack them a long way, when they middle it. Although Brett Lee is good enough with the bat, I love his sixes down the ground in those Australian grounds. He makes a good bowler look really bad when he smacks them to as far as the 10th row :hpraise

Lee is a big-hitter, he has won games before for Australia with the bat, I can reme,ber the vb series in 2004 where Australia, India and Zimbabwe where participating in the tournment, Australia needed 7 off 3 balls and Lee smacked Balaji for a massive six, and he made a single the ball before the last ball to win the game for Australia.

Balaji too is a big-hitter I can remember when he hit those Towering sixes off Akthar is the odi series in Pakistan 2004.

Drewska said:
Brett Lee rocks with the bat. Imo he is bordering on the All-rounder status :p.
I'd rather he bat as high as is possible, so that if he does get a big innings, it doesn't detract from his ability to bowl with thunder.

Drewska said:
Brett Lee rocks with the bat. Imo he is bordering on the All-rounder status :p.
not lee, Gillespie :D :hpraise

on his day Gilchrist would be my no.1 choice but Michale Hussey is building a good reputation for himself - he seems to be a no fuss cricketer, doing his job whilest most dont notice it.

Hussey used to be a dour blocker...but the way he has developed the aggressive side of his game is a tribute to him, he is now classed as a big-hitter.

Lee is a very clean hitter if he connects, very effective no.8

True, the way he's rapidly developed that aspect of his game is unbelievable, it allows more flexibility in the order and he can be reilied upon in a variety of situations as he's now such an adaptable player. He came to the point where he wasn't gaining any recognition from the Australian selectors, so it's brilliant how he could give a complete overhaul to his frame of mind with barely no fear...

James219 said:
True, the way he's rapidly developed that aspect of his game is unbelievable, it allows more flexibility in the order and he can be reilied upon in a variety of situations as he's now such an adaptable player. He came to the point where he wasn't gaining any recognition from the Australian selectors, so it's brilliant how he could give a complete overhaul to his frame of mind with barely no fear...

hey, this is the hussman we're talking about ;)

at the moment its afridi,
hes got the most 20+ runs in an over at the moment anyway,
sure jayasurya has 30 but afridis got about 2 "28" runs,
27 runs

i reckon afridi,
i remember the icc world series vs aus last year,
last match everyone else was struggling to bat vs aussies and this line-up included dravid,"freddie",lara,
but 1st ball afridi faced he hooked it for a six and then flicked a brett lee ball for 4,

Users who are viewing this thread