BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters
I felt batting was fine. Seamers were quite tough to face-Flintoff, Gough and Ali's combined figures were 3/0/4/3! Without that I had scored 29/0 off 3 overs...and I also only managed a single boundary off Harmison. I did take 17 runs of Giles though-Wd 0 6 4 0 6 0-and a couple of boundaries of Vaughan.
Bowling and Fielding were tremendous fun. I didn't manage to take a wicket(although I did drop two catches:)) but did beat the batsman's bat a few times. I got confused a bit while fielding, but am getting the hang of it.
Graphics were poor at first, but when the camera zoomed in as Harmison began to bowl it looked amazing! The CPU AI was good to, they mixed up their pace and line and lenth, and did change their fields.
There were misfields-the England fielders must have slipped up at least twice in the field, and they even dopped Gayle in the first over at square leg! I didn't take any singles, as I couldn't figure how to run. I did figure it out soon however...
The CPU bowled a couple of No-balls here and there, as well as a few wides.
I did manage to win my first game, however. The CPU ended needing 9 off the last ball-and they hit me for six!:p I doubt I'll win my next match.
I think we all find it hard and complex and confusing because we are used to the slow and easy EA games. This is finally challenging.
A very good game, I loved it. No noticable bugs at all yet.
Oh yea, the third umpire was poor. It would tell you if you were out or not before/during the reply.

Attachments

• AnyC00100.JPG
    AnyC00100.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 170
  • AnyC00101.JPG
    AnyC00101.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 169
I forgot to mention-commentatory is good(I heard them talking something about Gary Sobers batting and the pitch), and the demo has an option for two players with one keyboard.

A revision to my earlier comment. It is growing on me. Even so, I hope the config files are accessible, because I still think the angle and power on some of the shots is dodgy. The problem is mainly balls flying away for six behind the wicket even off slower balls... from spinners.

Otherwise, I can't wait to play a test! (This means that I retract my comment of not getting the game)

saisrini80 said:
Hey barmyarmy (or someone!), can you help me on the fielding? Is there really manual fielding in the demo? I am persistently trying to configure it but its not damn working one bit!!! I have tried attaching a new keyboard to my laptop! But still I couldnt configure the fielding part at all! My numlock key is on too!
Try to press the button of your joypad or keyboard that you press to advance to in menus and try to stop in the green zone and it should be fine
;)

no bowling yet

Just thought i'd point out that noone has tried fielding and bowling in cricket2005 yet. So far i like both, i think im leanign towards BLC just cause its so different from the same old EA type of sports game, they are all exactly the same. im sure i will endup getting both

GUys! I have some screenshots for you.

I do have a problem also. How do i move the batsman when facing a delivery. the D-pad doesn't seem to move the batsman?? I have a Saitek P880 gamepad.

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 135
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 135
Anyone for a hat-trick :D my first ever one in this game!!, first one bowled Sarwan, then Lara tried slogging the next one only to get caught and the third was a nick to Gilchrist by Chanderpaul, I ended up winning by 23 runs, the second game ive managed to win, still having difficulties with bowling speeds but batting seems fine now.

Attachments

• hat-trick.JPG
    hat-trick.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 130
Guys!! How do you move the batsman when playing with the gamepad. I have a Saitek P880 gamepad and the batsman does not move when i press the d-pad. I tried disabling the digital control and even the analog stick doesn't move the batsman. how do you move the freakin batsman?? Plaese help!!

aprofromindia said:
Try to press the button of your joypad or keyboard that you press to advance to in menus and try to stop in the green zone and it should be fine
;)

Green Zone? Can you tell me where this green zone is on the screen?

Actually now, my opinion about the game is slightly changing. At first after three games, I felt it is disappointing. But now its surely challenging to keep the CPU down to reasonable scores. I have won only one game and the CPU score there was 61/1 (my first and only wicket and that too, through a nick!).
This game takes quite sometime to get used to and as Zorax says, its tough to switch over after playing EA's slow games!

Last edited:
I think the speed needs to be slowed slightly the speed of the whole game is just too fast which makes it feel like an arcade game.

Also hate when u hit a six u cant sit back and watch it sail into the crowd/outta the ground as soon as it reaches the fence it cuts to replay :(
Nothing more satisfying than sittin back and watching how far the 6 goes but we cant do it in blic.

Computer hits way too many of my deliveries pitched outside off stump down the legside.

Ive clean bowled 1 person so far (stump went flying didnt look to be that quick) and also got a nice outside edge caught by 1st slip.
All other wickets have been caught in the deep.

Also i noticed if i get a low score 40 or so the computer seems to bat according to the total and it ends up a nice tight finish and when i score 70+ it still ends upa close finish maybe its just my crap bowling or maybe the ai plays according to the total.

I keep coming back to the BLIC demo where as i only played about 12 overs of the C2005 demo so even though C2005 looks great the gameplay of BLIC keeps me coming back for more.

Sman-21 said:
Computer hits way too many of my deliveries pitched outside off stump down the legside.
If U notice carefully the cpu hits balls pitched outside off on the leg side if the ball is seaming in and wud finish on middle or leg stump, if its seaming out the cpu hits it to the off side, so u have choose a good line & length to bowl the cpu properly.

rahulk666 said:
Guys!! How do you move the batsman when playing with the gamepad. I have a Saitek P880 gamepad and the batsman does not move when i press the d-pad. I tried disabling the digital control and even the analog stick doesn't move the batsman. how do you move the freakin batsman?? Plaese help!!
Saitek lacks L2 & R2 so maybe U have to use the last two buttons on the right side of the right analog stick or else try L1 R1 ;)

the game is really fast.
i guess it's something to get used to. i think its because of damn cricket 2004 we're used to super-slow motion

Users who are viewing this thread