BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters
I got 3 wickets in my last match, and 3 dropped catches:p I only have one problem-seamers are damn impossible! Anyone got tips??? Please??

I find seamers a lot easier to get away than any of the other bowlers!! I guess u just gotta keep practising and playing the game until u get it right mate!

ZoraxDoom said:
I got 3 wickets in my last match, and 3 dropped catches:p I only have one problem-seamers are damn impossible! Anyone got tips??? Please??

I found a great tip. Edit the Aussie batting order so Glenn McGrath is opening. Then you can do what you like with your seamers!

Yeah, reversing the oppositions batting order is quite fun, it's good that there is such a noticable difference in the abilities of different batsmen.

Jon S said:
Yeah, reversing the oppositions batting order is quite fun, it's good that there is such a noticable difference in the abilities of different batsmen.

Well I was getting a bit fed up with going for 25 an over and finishing their innings on 80/0

awesome

The more i play the more i love the game. Ive played cricket 2005 maybe 4 times. I keep playing BLC, its so fun. Batting,bowling,fielding are all real fun. And its only a six over game so the big scores are fine, surely itl be different with 50overs etc. It is a bit easy, but there will be different difficulties. the gameplay and physics are just better than cric2005 i reckon

chu70 said:
The more i play the more i love the game. Ive played cricket 2005 maybe 4 times. I keep playing BLC, its so fun. Batting,bowling,fielding are all real fun. And its only a six over game so the big scores are fine, surely itl be different with 50overs etc. It is a bit easy, but there will be different difficulties. the gameplay and physics are just better than cric2005 i reckon

I also heard this is medium difficulty. Its pretty good for medium difficulty. Now, when I played for England vs Australia, I scored only 23 off the 6 overs losing 9 wickets! Batting is certainly challenging. Only through luck did I get some big scores early on.

And I am too too poor in bowling. Still cant get wickets at ease! I seriously need to sort out how the fielding works!

this game is crap from the demo. the reviewer was right. ea cricket 2005 is better than this. all those pro codies and negative ea will say i am talking folly. wait till july 21 and tell me if i am!

I agree that C2K5 is way better than BLIC. BLIC is too arcadey. The bowling will become montonous and predictable soon. The AI is bad and even if CPU requires 16 runs of the last over, it does not try to hit for four or six. It will block the deliveries. No autoplay means you can't even skip the bowling. No front foot/back foot shot means that you just press a button and arrow key and AI does the rest. NO control for you. The CPU bowling too is absymal. I have faced balls bowled at 20.1 Mph!! What the hell is that?? Hitting six is very easy. Hawkeye technolgy is good but seeing it every over you get bored off that too. The animations are smooth and less choppy than c2k5 but ea has better graphics. c2k5 may have more bugs but BLIC just isn't a proper cricket game for hardcore cricket game fan. EA wins hands down.

I think you make some very good points there but I'm not sure it's possible to judge if a game is too arcadey based on 6 overs. If you notice most the batsmen have full confidence when they come in implying that this is the arcade mode RG was talking about. The bowling speed is definitely a problem but I've generally liked the demo (and more than C2k5) and am looking forward to release.

rahulk666 said:
I agree that C2K5 is way better than BLIC. BLIC is too arcadey. The bowling will become montonous and predictable soon. The AI is bad and even if CPU requires 16 runs of the last over, it does not try to hit for four or six. It will block the deliveries. No autoplay means you can't even skip the bowling. No front foot/back foot shot means that you just press a button and arrow key and AI does the rest. NO control for you. The CPU bowling too is absymal. I have faced balls bowled at 20.1 Mph!! What the hell is that?? Hitting six is very easy. Hawkeye technolgy is good but seeing it every over you get bored off that too. The animations are smooth and less choppy than c2k5 but ea has better graphics. c2k5 may have more bugs but BLIC just isn't a proper cricket game for hardcore cricket game fan. EA wins hands down.
Gotta say I agree with this, BLIC will get boring so quickly, it just doesn't feel like it's a cricket game, sure it's fun as an arcade game but I want a realistic cricket game, EA demo initially is not as much fun but it did feel like a cricket game.
I also feel front/back foot choice of shots is essential, BLIC reminds me of Fifa where the cpu AI does alot of the work for you :(

barmyarmy said:
I found a great tip. Edit the Aussie batting order so Glenn McGrath is opening. Then you can do what you like with your seamers!
I meant batting against them.

I No, Wat The Hell Is The Speed All About, You Have Pace Bowlers Bowling 40mph Plz Tell Me If This Will Be Sorted In The Real Game.

The perfect way to keep batsmen from hitting six is to bowl good length ball on stumps and swinging it while changing the pace. The CPU never hits a six. I bowled 6 overs and gave away only 10 runs (i had takena screenshot by pressed printscreen button again unknowingly only to find a new screenshot after quitting the game). I just hope that in the hard level the CPU will bat better. Also wats up with the AI? I scored 87 runs off 6 overs and CPU only scored 17 runs!! There was no urgency from the CPU at all. It kept blocking my deliveries till very end. Disappointing!

I agree! And also bowling short of a length on either side of wicket where the field is tight helps in keeping the CPU down! Change of pace certainly helps. I got the CPU for 19-2 off the 6 overs!

Users who are viewing this thread