BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters
I keep them down to about 25-40 everytime...and this is with bowling with windies...

hey did u guys notice one thing u can actually run even if the bowl directly went to the wicketkeeper...wow...this is gr8 and made the game so much realistic guys...wowwwwwwwww

steppie said:
hey did u guys notice one thing u can actually run even if the bowl directly went to the wicketkeeper...wow...this is gr8 and made the game so much realistic guys...wowwwwwwwww

its wowwwwwwww only if you want to see yourself lose a wicket everytime. The wk quite comfortably throws the ball to the stumps running you out. I've never been able to complete a run this way. whats the point ?

He always hits middle stump. And I just wanted to say, I love the bowling, swing and variety of deliveries...It's AWESOME....I also like that you can acutally get edges!

fanirama said:
its wowwwwwwww only if you want to see yourself lose a wicket everytime. The wk quite comfortably throws the ball to the stumps running you out. I've never been able to complete a run this way. whats the point ?

i did take 1 run.thats y its wow for me buddy if u dont like what can i doo

First post, Couldnt resist with all these people going to buy Cricket 05 lol.
I recon you should get it on XBOX cos there is no save option BWAHAHHAA you cant even save created players. Yeop small bug there Ea.
Also it looks crap and plays like all the other pov titles. Just wait a few weeks and everyone will be here with the Crappit 2005 bugs and the list will far exeed BLC and the BLC ones arent even that bad.
Impossible to tell what the scores and stuff are like cos its a 6 over demo. Also if the batting is 2 easy play it on hard :eek:
Sorry for the rant, But after rushing out and buying EA cricket games for years on end this year I am making the intelligent decision and getting BLC.
Peace

Broken_Benjamin said:
Also if the batting is 2 easy play it on hard :eek:

try batting against australia, its not very easy then, if you play as australia in the demo, i found batting way too easy.

I am interested to see 2 things in the full version,

1. How the different pitches and ball conditions effect the swing/movement/bounce etc of the ball

and

2. How the AI differs from the ODI and Test, I would hope that I could use the different swing to get edges....:)

Well I read somewhere that they have about 800 different animations in the game which would be great. I would love some variety in the fielding and bowling as in the demo the fielders do only one kind of dive and the slips and keeper always take the catch with one hand diving right or left. There is almost no reaction from the fielders/bowler after taking wickets or being hit for six !!! Hope there are more of these cutscenes as they add just that bit more to the Realism !!!

Asjad said:
try batting against australia, its not very easy then, if you play as australia in the demo, i found batting way too easy.

I felt that playing as Australia against England was harder than playing against the West Indies. (In Batting)

Both games have their flaws. But right BLIC is more s*cking than EA.
1.)As soon as you hit a couple of sixers, all the fielders are placed at the boundary violating the field restrictions of cricket.
2.)The ball looks almost like a table tennis ball bouncing as if like a balloon.
3.)The fielders always throw to keeper.
4.)I was not given run out of a no-ball ( when the keeper hit the stumps).
5.)The umpires and the players look as if they have been fasting for 2 months.
6.)Symonds looks as if he belongs to a african tribe.
7.)Ricardo Powell bowls only yorkers as if he were shoib akhthar.
8.)How come Bradshaw is an allrounder?
9.)Brian Lara looks like some one else, after all shouldn't he look as lara after the game has been named after him.
10.)Gough always bowls at 97mph, next to brett lee. In real - life even a handicapped person can hit gough for 20 runs in an over.
11.)I hit 151/1 in 6 overs, in county mode. Consider playing the 6 over match in village mode, the score will surely reach 300. This is such a sh*t.
12.)We cannot watch ball landing into the crowd, when we hit for a six.
13.)Eventhough we hit a ball to third man, we have to run like jonty rhodes and dive to get a single run, taking singles is very difficult when the ball is hit inside the circle, as the camera automatically focuses on the fielder for the next frame.
14.)All the bowlers at a speed of 20.5 mph at their wish, even an under-15 player in real life bowls at 40mph(considering a slower ball).
15.)The game is s*cking fast, and we can bowl atleast 3 overs in a minute.
16.)The bowler runup looks like sh*t, as if he is going for long jump.
17.)I hit dillon for 4 sixers and missed the 5 th ball, even at this point dillon was trying to abuse the batsmen, instead of keeping his head in his a**. Don't worry the 6th ball was also a six, i think he likes it.
18.)All players have the same physique, and the faces really cartoonish.
19.)We cannot take a single, when the bowler appeals for lbw.
20.)We do not have autoplay feature in blic, which makes it more sick.
21.)The bowling s*cks, highly unrealistic, not at all interesting.
22.)Ricardo Powell can also bowl a doosra, haa ha.
23.)Some riduculous shots like
a) shot pitch cover driven on the back foot for six.
b) yorker lofted for six over thirdman
c) there is very little chance of scoring runs straight down the ground.
24.)Even if u get clean bowled of sarwan, your stump fly's out of the ground, as if he bowled at 200mph.
25.)There is no option for auto fielding, and keeping our eyes always on the suc*ing screen and the fielders is irritating.
26.)The catching animations are always the same, if a catch is taken at the deep the fielder jumps to take it, if it is taken in the circle he dives for it. Unlike EA where the catch is taken depending on the position of the fielder.
27.)There is no chance of chipping the ball, because if we try it always lands at the fielders hands.
28.)The keeper is literally a wall, he can stop anything, where ever you bowl, however fast you bowl, whoever keeps the wicket(even lara is allowed to keep) will stop the ball.
29.) The bowler keeps on running for all the balls, even if the ball goes behind the keeper.
30.) And now the s*cking flaw of all, Umpire does not give wides even if you do not bowl the ball on the pitch.

Keep watching, some more coming your way.....

cricky_maniac said:
Both games have their flaws. But right BLIC is more s*cking than EA.
1.)As soon as you hit a couple of sixers, all the fielders are placed at the boundary violating the field restrictions of cricket.
2.)The ball looks almost like a table tennis ball bouncing as if like a balloon.
3.)The fielders always throw to keeper.
4.)I was not given run out of a no-ball ( when the keeper hit the stumps).
5.)The umpires and the players look as if they have been fasting for 2 months.
6.)Symonds looks as if he belongs to a african tribe.
7.)Ricardo Powell bowls only yorkers as if he were shoib akhthar.
8.)How come Bradshaw is an allrounder?
9.)Brian Lara looks like some one else, after all shouldn't he look as lara after the game has been named after him.
10.)Gough always bowls at 97mph, next to brett lee. In real - life even a handicapped person can hit gough for 20 runs in an over.
11.)I hit 151/1 in 6 overs, in county mode. Consider playing the 6 over match in village mode, the score will surely reach 300. This is such a sh*t.
12.)We cannot watch ball landing into the crowd, when we hit for a six.
13.)Eventhough we hit a ball to third man, we have to run like jonty rhodes and dive to get a single run, taking singles is very difficult when the ball is hit inside the circle, as the camera automatically focuses on the fielder for the next frame.
14.)All the bowlers at a speed of 20.5 mph at their wish, even an under-15 player in real life bowls at 40mph(considering a slower ball).
15.)The game is s*cking fast, and we can bowl atleast 3 overs in a minute.
16.)The bowler runup looks like sh*t, as if he is going for long jump.
17.)I hit dillon for 4 sixers and missed the 5 th ball, even at this point dillon was trying to abuse the batsmen, instead of keeping his head in his a**. Don't worry the 6th ball was also a six, i think he likes it.
18.)All players have the same physique, and the faces really cartoonish.
19.)We cannot take a single, when the bowler appeals for lbw.
20.)We do not have autoplay feature in blic, which makes it more sick.
21.)The bowling s*cks, highly unrealistic, not at all interesting.
22.)Ricardo Powell can also bowl a doosra, haa ha.
a) shot pitch cover driven on the back foot for six.
b) yorker lofted for six over thirdman
c) there is very little chance of scoring runs straight down the ground.
24.)Even if u get clean bowled of sarwan, your stump fly's out of the ground, as if he bowled at 200mph.
25.)There is no option for auto fielding, and keeping our eyes always on the suc*ing screen and the fielders is irritating.
26.)The catching animations are always the same, if a catch is taken at the deep the fielder jumps to take it, if it is taken in the circle he dives for it. Unlike EA where the catch is taken depending on the position of the fielder.
27.)There is no chance of chipping the ball, because if we try it always lands at the fielders hands.
28.)The keeper is literally a wall, he can stop anything, where ever you bowl, however fast you bowl, whoever keeps the wicket(even lara is allowed to keep) will stop the ball.
29.) The bowler keeps on running for all the balls, even if the ball goes behind the keeper.
30.) And now the s*cking flaw of all, Umpire does not give wides even if you do not bowl the ball on the pitch.

Keep watching, some more coming your way.....

1. Fielding restrictions are turned off in the demo so actually, there is no problem with the field settings.
2. Don't agree.
3. Fair enough.
4. Not experienced that one myself.
5. Atleast they don't look like rugby players.
6. Not entirely sure what to say about that!
7. Maybe because Powell bowls in the last over...(does in my demo anyway)
8. Not sure.
9. Not really taken any notice partly because I can't see his face under the helmet.
10. Fair point.
11. Well you won't play on village level will you!
12. Atleast we don't see the ball bouncing unrealisticly amongst the crowd.
13. Agreed. Sometimes alittle hard to find a run where you would normally expect to get one.
14. Agreed. The speeds are a touch silly.
15. Not sure what to say to be honest.
16. Don't really care about the run up, doesn't look too bad to me anyway.
17. Right...
18. Guess so, players should have more individual attributes (e.g. height, Gough lookes as tall as Harmison!).
19. Agreed, hopefully will be sorted.
20. Aslong as the bowling/batting isn't too easy then this is no problem to me.
21. You're having a laugh aren't ya! Its the best bowling control system i've ever seen in a cricket game.
22. Well! That just shouldn't be.
23a. Fair enough.
23b. Not come across it yet but it certainly shouldn't happen.
23c. Not had a problem with scoring down the ground.
24. Not had this happen yet, the stump just gets moved abit.
25. Quite enjoy this aspect, keeps you interested, although they could've included an option.
26. Not always the same, not that i've come across.
27. Which is why you've been hitting sixes?
28. Think we should rename the keeper's 'supermen'
29. Shouldn't really happen, not seen the bowler go after it when its gone behind the keeper though!
30. Reason given on that, check the BLIC 2005 news forum.

Not all of those are correct....

1.)As soon as you hit a couple of sixers, all the fielders are placed at the boundary violating the field restrictions of cricket. - (LOOK IN THE OPTIONS MENU, THERE IS A OPTION IF YOU WANT TO TURN FIELDING RESTRICTIONS ON/OFF)
2.)The ball looks almost like a table tennis ball bouncing as if like a balloon.-( IF YOU ACTUALLY PITCH A SHORT BALL, IT BOUNCES HIGH)
3.)The fielders always throw to keeper.(TRUE) (Is this different in Cricket 2005?)
4.)I was not given run out of a no-ball ( when the keeper hit the stumps).- (YOU CAN BE GIVEN RUN OUT OFF A NO-BALL-IT'S IN THE RULES!!)
5.)The umpires and the players look as if they have been fasting for 2 months- (NO THEY DON'T, LOOK AT SHEP :p )
6.)Symonds looks as if he belongs to a african tribe.- (HE DOES LOOK AT BIT WEIRD)
7.)Ricardo Powell bowls only yorkers as if he were shoib akhthar. ( NO HE DOESN'T)
8.)How come Bradshaw is an allrounder? (ISN'T HE IN REAL LIFE??)
9.)Brian Lara looks like some one else, after all shouldn't he look as lara after the game has been named after him. (HE LOOKS LIKE LARA!!)
10.)Gough always bowls at 97mph, next to brett lee. In real - life even a handicapped person can hit gough for 20 runs in an over. (SMALL GLITCH, CAN BE FIXED, NEVER NOTICED IT MYSELF)
11.)I hit 151/1 in 6 overs, in county mode. Consider playing the 6 over match in village mode, the score will surely reach 300. This is such a sh*t. ( THERE ARE ALSO HARDER LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY :rolleyes: )
12.)We cannot watch ball landing into the crowd, when we hit for a six. (YES WE CAN, IT JUST BOUNCES ON THEM :) )
13.)Eventhough we hit a ball to third man, we have to run like jonty rhodes and dive to get a single run, taking singles is very difficult when the ball is hit inside the circle, as the camera automatically focuses on the fielder for the next frame. ( THAT'S WHAT THE LITTLE BOX ON THE TOP LEFT HAND SIDE IS FOR)
14.)All the bowlers at a speed of 20.5 mph at their wish, even an under-15 player in real life bowls at 40mph(considering a slower ball). (BUG)
15.)The game is s*cking fast, and we can bowl atleast 3 overs in a minute.(THAT'S GOOD, YOU DON'T WASTE HOURS IN FRONT OF THE COMP, AND ONLY BOWLING 4 OVERS!)
16.)The bowler runup looks like sh*t, as if he is going for long jump. (I THINK NOT)
17.)I hit dillon for 4 sixers and missed the 5 th ball, even at this point dillon was trying to abuse the batsmen, instead of keeping his head in his a**.
Don't worry the 6th ball was also a six, i think he likes it. (I SAY GOOD FOR DILLON!!)
18.)All players have the same physique, and the faces really cartoonish. ( PEOPLES OWN OPINIONS!)
19.)We cannot take a single, when the bowler appeals for lbw. ( I WISH WE COULD DO THAT TOO)
20.)We do not have autoplay feature in blic, which makes it more sick. (I ACTUALLY ENJOY PLAYING THIS AND DON'T CARE ABOUT AUTOPLAY IN THIS GAME)
21.)The bowling s*cks, highly unrealistic, not at all interesting. ( DIFFERENT SWING/SEAM BOUNCE AND PACE...NOT INTERESTING, HUH?? LOL)
22.)Ricardo Powell can also bowl a doosra, haa ha. (BUG)
a) shot pitch cover driven on the back foot for six. (NEVER SEEN)
b) yorker lofted for six over thirdman (SURELY NOT, NEVER TRIED)
c) there is very little chance of scoring runs straight down the ground. (LOL, ITS EASY TO SCORE RUNS DOWN THE GROUND)
24.)Even if u get clean bowled of sarwan, your stump fly's out of the ground, as if he bowled at 200mph. ( ONLY SEEN THAT HAPPEN ONCE)
25.)There is no option for auto fielding, and keeping our eyes always on the suc*ing screen and the fielders is irritating. (NO IT'S NOT)
26.)The catching animations are always the same, if a catch is taken at the deep the fielder jumps to take it, if it is taken in the circle he dives for it. Unlike EA where the catch is taken depending on the position of the fielder. ( CAN'T SAY ABOUT HIS, MABYE FULL GAME HAS MORE ANIMATIONS)
27.)There is no chance of chipping the ball, because if we try it always lands at the fielders hands.(NEVER TRIED IT)
28.)The keeper is literally a wall, he can stop anything, where ever you bowl, however fast you bowl, whoever keeps the wicket(even lara is allowed to keep) will stop the ball. ( KEEPERS CAN STOP THE BALL, NOT EVERY SINGLE ONE THOUGH, AND THE FACT OF PUTTING EVRYONE AS KEEPER AND HAVING THE SAME QUALITY AS A PRO KEEPER IS JUST WRONG, LARA CAN NEVER BE A S GOOD AS GILCHRIST!!)
29.) The bowler keeps on running for all the balls, even if the ball goes behind the keeper. (NO, HE ONLY RUNS, IF THERE ARE 1 OR NO FIELDERS IN THE REGION THE BALL HAS GONE)
30.) And now the s*cking flaw of all, Umpire does not give wides even if you do not bowl the ball on the pitch. ( UMPIRES DON'T GIVE WIDES TO CPU, THIS MUST BE FIXED!)

1)Field restrictions are OFF. Not a bug.

5 and 6)So you would prefer the players all being buffed up rugby style? Symonds is an aborgine, so what you said is kinda true-he is sort of from and African Tribe. Not a bug.

7)Actually, they are trying to bowl fulltosses/half volleys, like real life. Not a bug. Better than haveing part time spinners bowl towards the end of an innings.

8)Player Editor available. Fix it yourself. Not a bug.

9)Ahem. No bug. Next.

10)I'd like to see you try to smash Gough for twenty off an over. And he is listed as a 'Fast' bowler, and not 'Fast Medium' in Cricinfo. Not a bug.

11)There is this thing with EA-It is Very, very, very easy to hit six sixes in an over. In hard. This, is easy. Why would you even play village level??

12)Watch replay. Might be fixed.

13)So? Would you prefer to leave the ball on the stumps and run for an easy single like EA? No.

14)Will be fixed, hopefully.

15)Is that a bad thing?? Or would you prefer spending 10 minutes on one over?

17)This isn't even a bug!!!

18)Graphics aren't an issue. All the Bangla players look like NFL champions in EA 2005.

21)Wrong. Flat out.

22)Otherwise known as an armball...next...

23)a/b-Haven't played EA, have ya?
c-I don't know what you are saying. Straight drives are very useful to me.

25)Filedin is still minimum. You don't even have to do anything regularly for throwing. Just the odd catch here and there in the outfield.

27)Practice, practice...

28)Nope. I bowled a few down the legside, the keeper missed it. In EA the keeper misses everything. No keeper misses anything in real life.

29)Not true. It does happen once or twice, but not all the times.

Users who are viewing this thread