BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters
jk16_4 said:
PLEASE VOTE ONLY FOR THE DEMO AND NOT FOR THE FULL VERSION.

i do.especially after the demo and and the PS2 mag. reviews

Is it just me or did he say please only vote for the demo and not for the full version

Ankit kukreti said:
Even after playing the demo I can tell that game will not be a failure because it has lot of intresting features and is different from EA cricket.

interesting features like what?
classic matches,new commentators?

Last edited:
agree with you there...
Ea's demo is better.

And put it this way...
If the demo is not the final submission......then why release a demo at all?

steppie said:
hey did u guys notice one thing u can actually run even if the bowl directly went to the wicketkeeper...wow...this is gr8 and made the game so much realistic guys...wowwwwwwwww

brings back memories of cricket 97

i think people are a bit too fussy.

BLIC demo is great FUN even if it is a bit easy (there will be an option to change the difficulty in game) Cricket 2004 ws so easy that it wasnt fun, but i still have fun dominating England in this game hehe.

The demo has impressed me so much that i am going to order the game from England when it is released rather than buying cricket 2005 that is released now.

Absolutely right. The BLIC demo is a real turkey. And of course it represents the quality of the final game.

Does anyone seriously think that they are going to release a demo which they don't think shows the game in it's best light. Why would they release a demo, a mere 4 weeks before the final release, which was a sub-standard version? So people can say "hey, that's crap, that means the full version will be much better....". Do me a favour.

Wake up and smell the coffee, BLIC fanboys, the game is a dud. It's like a children's toy. So many basic cricket shots are missing. All you need to do is just press the "fire" button and expect to score an auto-6.

And what about the longevity of this simplistic, arcade nonsense....6 months? 6 weeks? 6 days? I'd say about 6 overs.

Playing the demo it would last six overs, but on International difficulty in a Champions Trophy or Tour then it would last ages.

I'm renting this for Xbox.

sam p said:
Absolutely right. The BLIC demo is a real turkey. And of course it represents the quality of the final game.

Does anyone seriously think that they are going to release a demo which they don't think shows the game in it's best light. Why would they release a demo, a mere 4 weeks before the final release, which was a sub-standard version? So people can say "hey, that's crap, that means the full version will be much better....". Do me a favour.

Wake up and smell the coffee, BLIC fanboys, the game is a dud. It's like a children's toy. So many basic cricket shots are missing. All you need to do is just press the "fire" button and expect to score an auto-6.

And what about the longevity of this simplistic, arcade nonsense....6 months? 6 weeks? 6 days? I'd say about 6 overs.

The demo was just a 6 overs match, the final version may not be very different from that. But I will say again it is going to be better than cricket 2005.

It's fun to play BLIC, it depends on the user if you want to smash the ball it is not difficult in the demo but I prefer to play normal, defensive shot and also leave the ball some times. BLIC is perfect for that, it is a fast paced cricket game unlike cricket 2005. Demo is limited and does not allow us to explore the game much, but still much better than cricket 2005.

Intresting features in BLIC are creating player mode, 5 commentators, so many grounds, classic matches, hawk eye. BLIC is a action packed game having great atmosphere, cricket 2005 is to boring for me, how can we play that game for hours and for long period of time.

Last edited:
Ankit kukreti said:
The demo was just a 6 overs match, the final version may not be very different from that. But I will say again it is going to be better than cricket 2005.

It's fun to play BLIC, it depends on the user if you want to smash the ball it is not difficult in the demo but I prefer to play normal, defensive shot and also leave the ball some times. BLIC is perfect for that, it is a fast paced cricket game unlike cricket 2005. Demo is limited and does not allow us to explore the game much, but still much better than cricket 2005.

Intresting features in BLIC are creating player mode, 5 commentators, so many grounds, classic matches, hawk eye. BLIC is a action packed game having great atmosphere, cricket 2005 is to boring for me, how can we play that game for hours and for long period of time.

BLIC is fun to play that is true.but it wont last fot a long period.
you'll get amused only for a week or so.afterwards you'll start getting
bored of smashing every single ball out of the ground.

the game has no challenge in it and also has a very poor AI
and the game is full of bugs and glitches.

i agree with sam_p. why wud they release a demo who's code
is not finalised.RG said that the game has been sent for duplication
and yet he has not submitted the list of changes.

Last edited:
WE-WERE-PLAYING-ON-EASY!
And I still can't score 50 off 6 overs! If you play on hard, against Australia, then it wil be fun!

I would rather have a game moving qucikly then loads of cut scenes.

I don't think the fact that we were playing on easy matters one jot.

OK, I agree that it's likely that on hard mode that 6's will be less easy to come by than the demo.

But the real problem I have is that the demo shows that gameplay is too simplistic, lacks too many basic cricket shots and clearly lacks depth.

It's an obvious cliche, but it's just not cricket. It's more like some children's playground game. I almost expect the bowlers to start bowling under-arm, and then the bell to go to say it's time for double-chemistry.

I can't hit sixes in the demo! I'm always caught when I try!

BTW, we were playing on MEDIUM difficulty in the demo.

Users who are viewing this thread