BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters
I think BLIC is a very interesting game - completely different from the EA Series. It was initially a bit more difficult to get used to. But, slowly it became a lot of fun. YOu are so much involved with every aspect of the game. Seems like we have two higher difficulty levels from what we are playing on the demo, which obviously means that getting runs will be more difficult in the higher levels. Even in the demo when you hit sixes, you lose wickets. In 50 over matches / tests you cannot afford to lose early wickets.

Yesterday I decided to experiment and I played first and scored 51 runs off 6 overs. The CPU chased it down in the 6th over and won the game. Then, I batted first and got only 10 runs off the six overs. You know what - against the same opposition, the CPU beat the score in the 6th over. This clearly indicates that there is some sort of intelligence built into it, even though it may not be perfect. I did not see this in Cricket 2004. Seeing the reviews of Cricket 2005 it just seems to me that batting is more difficult and Bowling is little more fun (talking only about the gameplay aspect). But, still it is easy to get the CPU out and the CPU does not chase or defend scores well.

So, I am certainly not buying an updated version of Cricket 2004 when I have the option to buy a completely different and interesting game. If one does not have Cricket 2004, then it probably makes sense for them to buy Cricket 2005. Anyway, that is just my opinion... :cheers

msamina said:
I think BLIC is a very interesting game - completely different from the EA Series. It was initially a bit more difficult to get used to. But, slowly it became a lot of fun. YOu are so much involved with every aspect of the game. Seems like we have two higher difficulty levels from what we are playing on the demo, which obviously means that getting runs will be more difficult in the higher levels. Even in the demo when you hit sixes, you lose wickets. In 50 over matches / tests you cannot afford to lose early wickets.

Yesterday I decided to experiment and I played first and scored 51 runs off 6 overs. The CPU chased it down in the 6th over and won the game. Then, I batted first and got only 10 runs off the six overs. You know what - against the same opposition, the CPU beat the score in the 6th over. This clearly indicates that there is some sort of intelligence built into it, even though it may not be perfect. I did not see this in Cricket 2004. Seeing the reviews of Cricket 2005 it just seems to me that batting is more difficult and Bowling is little more fun (talking only about the gameplay aspect). But, still it is easy to get the CPU out and the CPU does not chase or defend scores well.

So, I am certainly not buying an updated version of Cricket 2004 when I have the option to buy a completely different and interesting game. If one does not have Cricket 2004, then it probably makes sense for them to buy Cricket 2005. Anyway, that is just my opinion... :cheers

I absolutely agree with you msamina, and even I don't intend to get cricket 2005. Dfficult means that game does not last more, it depends on the gameplay and features in it.

Why everybody is complaining about BLIC demo, cricket 2005 demo was so so limited. Spinner bowling yorker and wicket keeper taking a catch. Fileders skating and fielding the ball as if it was apple. Close filder almost touching the batsmen while bowler bowling....

BLIC according to we will last more than cricket 2005, I am not saying just playing 6-20 over match, smash some sixers. After playing for some while, Test matches the game will be more wanting to play. Commentry is good, I could hear them speaking about Ricky ponting capatiancy, Australia win over India in India, crowd involvement these things adds flavour to the game.

If you want to play real cricket then go out and play, if you want the best cricket game then get BLIC.

Some people are so desperate to get away from EA!

Anyways, regarding BLIC intelligence: well it is a bit subdued. I played a match between England (User) and Australia (CPU). I rocked up 64 runs from 6 overs. When the Australians batted, they were like playing in a crisis or something. I bowled 3 overs where Hayden defended many balls pitched up outside the off-stump. And they mainly scored by flicking the ball to fine leg. In the end Australia ended up with only 34 runs. Not intelligent at all.

P.S. I am not an EA fan so dont start on me please!

hey did u guys experince this..last night i was playing blic 2005 and i hit the ball straight to the bowler and it was chance of caught & bowled and the ball bounce from the finger tip of the bowler and he dropped it,,just like real games..it was so much realistic guys..the game is so awsome....and i took 1 run where i suppose to be out..hahaa

Ankit kukreti said:
Intresting features in BLIC are creating player mode, 5 commentators, so many grounds, classic matches, hawk eye
. BLIC is a action packed game having great atmosphere,
cricket 2005 is to boring for me,
how can we play that game for hours and for long period of time.

5 commentators,grounds,classic matches and hawk eye are all new features.yeah i do agree with you....

Please noter that every game is action packed...be it EA Cricket or ICC Cricket series.Cric 2005 maybe boring for you...i have nothing to say on that.

Your last statement...You will be playing BLIC for a long long long long long time becausde the game has no autoplay option....
i also doubt that the game has a save game mode for "classic matches"

also
How are the graphics? for a futuristic game...its not that good.

UsmanCHADDA said:
Anyways, regarding BLIC intelligence: well it is a bit subdued. I played a match between England (User) and Australia (CPU). I rocked up 64 runs from 6 overs. When the Australians batted, they were like playing in a crisis or something. I bowled 3 overs where Hayden defended many balls pitched up outside the off-stump. And they mainly scored by flicking the ball to fine leg. In the end Australia ended up with only 34 runs. Not intelligent at all.

Well, as I said, it is certainly not perfect. When you think about it, the problem was that you were allowed to score 64 runs. And I do not know how many wickets you lost in the process.

In the demo, it seems to me like the CPU tries not to lose any wickets for the first 2 or 3 overs and plays slower. Then it tries to accelerate, depending on your score. When you score big, it is obviously difficult for the CPU to chase it down. But, I feel it is an attempt in the right direction since the acceleration is based on your score rather than some fixed run-rate and player attributes that dictate the pace of the game. And, as I said, just my opinion...

:cheers

iceman_waugh said:
i also doubt that the game has a save game mode for "classic matches"

I think having a save game mode for classic matches in a way lets you cheat and get away easily. Even in BLC99, I thought that was reason why it was not available.

BLIC demo sucks, but I don't know about the full version.

The BLIC demo is a bit arcadish,but that doesn't mean that it will be crap.I found the demo great fun.Agreed,batting is very easy,but its only on medium mode,so Hard Mode should be tougher.Codemasters have already said that the demo does not have the final code of the game,so many of the glitches found will be fixed in the full version.I also think that the game should not be judged on the demo,as your experiencing hardly anything of what it has to offer.

rashaba16 said:
yip fun hitting most balls for boundaries and those i can't hit because of the wide stupidness. :cool: from the demo,blic is a failure.

maybe because the difficulty is on "county" that wide balls arent to harsh. same with the no ball that people are complaining about. i think if it was on hardest level, the computer would make nething down legside wide and if the meter goes above the given level it will be a no ball. its gota be the case!

the full version is also going to suck mate.just wait and watch.

Actually it is very impolite of anyone to make such suggestions until release date. BLIC maybe an easy game but it has its contents. Hawkeye, commentators etc is pretty new to a cricket game. It is completely different from EA Cricket 2005. Like you said just wait and watch. :cool:

sorry guys,i got totally ****ed off playing the demo.
i had expected so much from this game.

i shouldn't have made such a statement. :brickwall

anyways as i said we'll wait and watch :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread