BLIC Demo Opinions and Reviews

Who all think BLIC is going to be CRAP?

• Total voters
iceman_waugh said:
How else do you expect to finish classic test matches then,eh?

By finishing it in one go like I used to in BLC99.

I dont see how autoplay and saves allow a person to chaet in a game.

Let us say, you need 50 runs in two overs to win. If at some point, after one over, you are able to get 30 runs, you can save the game. But, during the same attempt you might fail to score the remaining 20 runs in the final over. Still, now you have saved a very good attempt (30 runs off the first over). You can just concentrate on scoring 20 runs off the final over alone instead of scoring the entire 50 off two overs(25 runs per over). It makes life that much more simpler and in a way cheating the purpose of the original classic match because the match was played in one go and you are supposed to re-create that in the classic match.

Last edited:
iceman_waugh said:
How else do you expect to finish classic test matches then,eh?
no autoplay, no saves...

By the way i used the cheat codes in the last BLC to play a part of each match .
I dont see how autoplay and saves allow a person to chaet in a game.

DO you think BLIC is a difficult and frustrating game. It is fast paced game and autoplay is not necessary at all. Save option helps in making the game more easier, may be the classic matches should have only few save option at the best.

Project IGI was a game which was frustrating and difficult game and had no save option, I don't think BLIC is like that.

They're both crap!

Does anyone else agree? Okay so maybe "crap" is a bit harsh, but both are decidedly average, methinks.

Cricket 2005 is still a bunch of EA garbage (can anyone play a late cut?! Grrr!) and BLIC is way too easy.. I know it's on easy difficulty and all, but it felt kinda "toyish", very arcadey. I don't know if I'll buy either! And for those of you who go on about being able to "noodle the ball" and run singles on BLIC, what crap! I hit just as many boundaries, if not more, in BLIC than in C2005.. I find it infuriating that I've played both demos for hours, and I've only run ONE two! And that was on C2005!

Go figure. :help

spazz said:
Does anyone else agree? Okay so maybe "crap" is a bit harsh, but both are decidedly average, methinks.

Cricket 2005 is still a bunch of EA garbage (can anyone play a late cut?! Grrr!) and BLIC is way too easy.. I know it's on easy difficulty and all, but it felt kinda "toyish", very arcadey. I don't know if I'll buy either! And for those of you who go on about being able to "noodle the ball" and run singles on BLIC, what crap! I hit just as many boundaries, if not more, in BLIC than in C2005.. I find it infuriating that I've played both demos for hours, and I've only run ONE two! And that was on C2005!

Go figure. :help

stop it..its crap rly.????u need a real cricket not a game i guesss..o god y this stupid ppl r here???o gosh

steppie said:
stop it..its crap rly.????u need a real cricket not a game i guesss..o god y this stupid ppl r here???o gosh
At least he knows how to type....

I've found Cricket 2005 to be pretty decent actually

Cricket 2005 is pretty decent that's why. The create a player feature has been widely improved, I've managed to make one that looks just like me and I even entered my real stats!
Cricket 2005 wins at graphics any day. The player models are the same as Rugby 2005, but you tend to ignore that when you're playing. The lighting effects are stunning, the best in any sports game in my opinion.
There are plenty of modes to play in with Richie and Jim giving 'detailed' analysis of it (That came off the pads. Ooooo that looks nasty...).
Let's give a big hand to EA.
:clap

Do we get a patch now?

I think it is a decent attempt at a cricket game as well. One thing though I have tried about a dozen times to create a player and everytime the player appears on the field his face is black while his arms are white. Anyone else got this problem. I have the PC version and I purchased it in Australia.
Cheers guys

Well yeah, if I had to choose one, at the moment I'd go with Cricket 2005. BLIC seemed so hyped up, and I LOVED Shane Warne back in the day - and it just seems to have flopped spectacularly! I couldn't bear playing a test with BLIC animations, especially with no autoplay :S

it may be a fast paced game but do you expect it to be so fast that you can finish 50 overs in 35 minutes.
80% of the people on this forum must have some time constraints.

it is not possible for such people to finish such games.
i'm not saying that it is difficult (we have seen the AI).
but yeah it can be frustrating.

sangam said:
I cant believe this thread is still on.

Nor can I. Some of you are acting like babies. Have any of you played the full version of BLIC? Thought not. Here's a challenge for some of you, try playing 'properly' in the demo. Don't slog every ball, play each ball on its merit.

I find it almost impossible to post in this section what with the 'oh C2005's better, no it's not BLIC is' crap going on in it. Those of you who are doing that just sit back and give other people a chance to air some views they have.

i am guessing that you are actually a school going kid who can sit in front of the comp and play continually for hours and thats why you are suggesting this.

Users who are viewing this thread