Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

Well I've only got 2 games remaining (my last FC game and the CT final) so I will have this finished by tomorrow with stats.

I can't be bothered doing stats. Might take a screenshot though.

13th September 2011
Worcestershire vs Northamptonshire
County Championship - D2

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Stephen Moore
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Jeff Norris
4. Alex Kervezee*
5. Stuart Adler?
6. Julian Stafford
7. David Wheeldon
8. Calvin Flowers
9. Christopher Pears
10. Jack Shantry
11. Boyd Rankin

Northamptonshire

1. Niall O'Brien?
2. Mal Loye
3. Neil Robin
4. Richard Lester
5. David Sales
6. Stephen Peters
7. Andrew Hall
8. Vishal Tripathi
9. David Lucas
10. Lee Daggett
11. Jack Brooks

Toss:

Northamptonshire won the toss and elected to bowl first

Worcestershire - 563 all out

Stuart Adler 140* (174)
Stephen Moore 131 (202)
Julian Stafford 57 (71)
Jeff Norris 54 (117)
Daryl Mitchell 53 (105)
Calvin Flowers 43 (69)

Andrew Hall 4/137 (37)
Jack Brooks 2/71 (22)

Northamptonshire - 329 all out

Niall O'Brien 84 (120)
Neil Robin 80 (133)
Stephen Peters 40 (86)

Christopher Pears 4/74 (26)
Jack Shantry 4/85 (23)

Northamptonshire - 322 all out

Richard Lester 89 (283)
Stephen Peters 62 (128)
Niall O'Brien 55 (89)

Calvin Flowers 5/82 (34)
Jack Shantry 2/46 (24)
Christopher Pears 2/78 (28.4)

Worcestershire - 80/5

Worcestershire won by 5 wickets

MOTM:

Stephen Moore (131 and 17)

Worcestershire 24
Northamptonshire 5

Comments:

Well a very close win to end the FC season, winning in the final over of the Day 4. Adler and Moore starred with centuries in our first innings while Pears, Shantry and Flowers took most of the wickets in their 2 innings as we were set 80 to victory, and going at it, we lost a few wickets before finally winning in the last over, Norris finishing 18*.

We finished on top of the ladder by a mile, on 328 points to Essex's 277. We won 14 games, lost 1 and drew 1.

I still can't fathom how you've been so dominant at FC cricket, while I've been so useless at it, when in my game my playing XI is stronger than yours (assuming the regens we've had come through are similar).

The only reason I can think of is tactically you're a mile ahead of me, which from the few hints you've giving me about your gameplay doesn't seem to be the case.

hahaha maybe he cheats :spy

I'm doing the worst out of everyone.

I reckon, that if we do a new season, we use a different side. One not quite as terrible.

It doesn't really worry me TBH.

If we do another team, I'd prefer an Aussie state or international team, as we'd then at least have slightly different squads for the first season.

I thought you didn't want to play as a crap team? :rolleyes

TBH I'd actually rather not play as an international team, because of how unrealistic some of the ratings are.

I know Hedger already has a Bangladesh save, so his squad would probably consist of mainly overrated randoms (that I don't know about).

In terms of Aussie states, Queensland/Western Aussie?

4th September 2011
Worcestershire vs Gloucestershire
Challenge Trophy - Group Match

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Vic Rush
2. Vic Kelly
3. Anthony Aimson
4. Daryl Mitchell
5. Vikram Solanki
6. Moeen Ali
7. Niall O'Brien +
8. Chanaka Komasaru
9. Steven Finn
10. Anthony Ireland
11. Boyd Rankin

Gloucestershire

1. William Porterfield
2. Jonathan Batty
3. Horace Slade
4. Alex Gidman
5. Hamish Marshall
6. Steve Snell
7. James Harris
8. Jon Lewis
9. Richard Dawson
10. Robert Woodman
11. Steven Kirby

87131639.png

Worcestershire win by 8 wickets

We won another OD game! Quite easily too. Our bowlers were all on top of them, being very economical and wicket taking, with Komasaru being the best, with Ireland taking a number of lower order wickets to finish them off. Kelly couldn't get us off to one of his trademark fast starts, but it doesn't really matter when we were chasing such a small total. Aimson returned from international duty with a sublime knock of 91 off 102 balls, with Rush supporting him well.

I'm doing the worst out of everyone.

Have you actually been that much worse than me?

Our seasons have followed an opposite trend, but I don't think they'll be too much between us in the end.

7th August 2011
Worcestershire vs Sussex
County Championship -D2

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Vic Rush
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Anthony Aimson
4. Moeen Ali
5. Niall O'Brien
6. Alex Kervezee
7. David Wheeldon
8. Chanaka Komasaru
9. Steven Finn
10. Anthony Ireland
11. Boyd Rankin

Sussex

1. Christopher Nash
2. Michael Thornely
3. Matt Prior
4. Ed Joyce
5. Michael Yardy
6. Murray Goodwin
7. Gary Holroyd
8. Lawrence Roberts
9. Murtaza Hussain
10. Ragheb Aga
11. Makhaya Ntini

72922495.png

Worcestershire win by 7 wickets

A very good effort by the team in this match. They won the toss and batted first. We made steady inroads early, but Goodwin was really annoying with an aggressive century from 6. Ireland got hit around the park, despite taking 4 wickets. It wasn't too bad a bowling effort though considering the pitch was quite helpful towards batting. In reply we got to 363 thanks to a great partnership between O'Brien and Kervezee. Ali also hit a quickfire half century, but we were still 60 runs behind. The second innings bowling effort was much better however, with all the bowlers taking crucial wickets to leave us with 310 runs to chase in two and a half sessions. Despite Rush not scoring his customary century, good innings from Mitchell and Aimson got us home with plenty of time to spare.

13th August 2011
Worcestershire vs Derbyshire
County Championship -D2

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Vic Rush
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Anthony Aimson
4. Moeen Ali
5. Niall O'Brien
6. Alex Kervezee
7. Vikram Solanki
8. Chanaka Komasaru
9. Steven Finn
10. Anthony Ireland
11. Boyd Rankin

Derbyshire

1. Phillip Hughes
2. Gerald Eaton
3. Garry Park
4. Wes Durston
5. Greg Smith
6. Lee Goddard
7. Paul Gunson
8. Jonathan Clare
9. Graham Wagg
10. Timothy Groenewald
11. Mark Footitt

22793700.png

Derbyshire win by 5 wickets

We end the season on a loss, as our bowling was just not up to the task of bowling them out. Batting first we got a number of starts, but none of the batsmen could press onwards towards a decent score. Later, we were not able to break the opening partnership for a while, and once we did, Durston came in and provided a lot of resistance - resistance that we couldn't break. Eventually they declared, and it looked like we might be able to salvage a draw from the match, with Mitchell, and O'Brien scoring half centuries, while Aimson hit another century. However, from 6 down, the highest score was 5 as the lower order collapsed. They were given a tiny total to chase down with a lot of time to spare. Rankin and Finn tried their best to provide a challenge, but they eventually won with 5 wickets to spare. This means we finish 8th on the table with 155 points (16-3-5-9-43-40-155), 20 points ahead of Somerset, and 4 adrift of Northamptonshire. This is a slight improvement on last season.

Simple, Calvin Flowers has taken more than 150 wickets this season. That should be the difference.

And just cause I'm completely dominating you :p

Anyway, if we do start again, then I'd rather Western Australia or Tasmania. I'd rather not do an English county one again and yeah, probably not International.

Your batting's also been a mile ahead of mine, despite me arguably having better players. :p
(So it hasn't just been Flowers)

And on second team averages Flowers one is very similar to Davies one, and Davies has been averaging in the high 20s this FC season.

Look at a different save where your about 5 years in and look at Calvin Flowers test and ODI bowling averages and see how good they are.

And yeah, I'll post my stats in a minute. My batting has actually been really good which is a surprise. But yeah, Flowers taken 156 FC wickets but only managed 13 in his last 6 FC bowling innings, which included a 7fa and 5fa.

And I also forgot to mention that Arif has been injured for ages but he's going to be fine for the final :p

I also just realised that I played Ben Cox in one game and he scored 40 :p

Users who are viewing this thread