Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

@ Jono - What's Chanaka Komasaru's second team bowling average?

30th August 2011
Worcestershire vs Scotland CC
Challenge Trophy - Group Match

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Stephen Moore
2. Jeff Norris
3. Julian Stafford
4. Shaaiq Choudhry
5. Moeen Ali
6. Stuart Adler*?
7. David Wheeldon
8. Calvin Flowers
9. Christopher Pears
10. Jack Shantry
11. Boyd Rankin

Scotland CC

1. Fraser Watts
2. Navdeep Poonia
3. Qasim Sheikh
4. Neil McCallum
5. Ryan Watson
6. Moneeb Iqbal
7. Marc Petrie?
8. Gordon Drummond
9. Majid Haq
10. Stuart Chalmers
11. Ross Lyons

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bat first

Worcestershire - 249/5

Julian Stafford 105 (90)
Stuart Adler 57* (52)

Gordon Drummond 2/32 (8)

Scotland CC - 240 all out

Gordon Drummond 71 (54)
Marc Petrie 43 (40)

Christopher Pears 3/34 (8)
Jack Shantry 3/34 (3.4)
Jeff Norris 1/35 (8)

Worcestershire won by 9 runs

MOTM:

Julian Stafford (105 off 90 and 1 catch)

Worcestershire 2
Scotland CC 0

Comments:

Closer than we would have liked but a win nevertheless. Stafford and Adler starred with the bat, Adler playing his first match as captain. Norris made 24 at the top of the order after making 167 in his last FC game before making another 167 in the 2nd XI just before this game.

Shantry and Rankin were taken to with the ball. Pears had taken a wicket with his first ball and finished a strong over before Shantry went for 16 in his first over. Rankin came on for him and then went for 14 runs and again he was taken off. They continued at a rapid rate and I decided to bring Shantry back into the attack who took a wicket but went for 8 runs and then 8 runs in his next over and he was again taken off. Norris bowled well though as I was forced to use the part timers. We ended up bowling them out for 240, as they still had 8 balls remaining. That wins means we will come first, with a NRR of +10.2 with a 2 point lead over 2nd and 3rd, Surrey who have already played their 12 games meaning they have no chance at all of coming first and Leicestershire who also have 14 points but also a game remaining although their NRR is only +1.05 so unless they beat us by a huge margin in our final game, we will come first.

A NRR of +10.2. :facepalm

Screw editing, get the updated patch. :p

----------

Because of how the NRRs are done in your patch, they get added, so if they beat you with a run rate differential of anything over 4.575, they'll come first.

So over 20 overs, that's 92 runs, stranger things have happened. :p

Why do you care so much? :p

I'm not editing this game. I just do it with some of my other saves, although not too many.

I know you're not, I'm just saying screw editing in general, I couldn't stand those stuffed up NRRs. (I was the one who pointed it out to them) :p

Ok, haha. I mainly said that since you said 'Screw editing, get the updated patch' and then I said 'why' and then thought to add that bit.

And yeah, I don't like them either but really, they don't make that much of a difference. And yeah, I know they get added on rather than averaged out. It's the same with Battrick. Some of the teams have a NRR of -44.6. :facepalm

----------

Anyway, did you's want to do a third season? I think our squads are only going to get better so we may as well continue but what did you guys want to do?

That's why FTP>Battrick :yes

----------

I half want to start again but with a different side. I'm still crap :p

You guys are winning matches now. :( I loved reading those frustrated comments.

Meh, I couldn't be bothered starting again with a different team :p

And haha User, just go look at some of Callum's matches and see him get frustrated :p

Yeah, I love the way he posts 'Reaction' thing. Especially when he loses.

Cricket Championship > FTP & Battrick ;)

----------

I do my reactions to develop a storyline. ;)

That's the same with FTP and Battrick for me. I've tried to go back to them as well, but I stopped playing after a day again. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread