Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

Franklin wasn't playing for me, but I had Abbas instead.

Wheeldon is great but the rest of the team were crap.

Wheeldon was pants for me, never produced with bat or ball. Good to see you getting good use of him.

Choudhry batted really well for me, But none of you seem to give him a chance :eek:

Choudry is injured for mine and has been for a while. Broken finger or something. Out for another week or so and been out for like 3 weeks already or so.

I've played him a few time but he hasn't done as well for me as the others have

Worcestershire vs Yorkshire
Twenty Over Cup - group match
4th June 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Sanath Jayasuriya
2. Vikram Solanki*?
3. Moeen Ali
4. Alex Kervezee
5. Daryl Mitchell
6. Steven Smith
7. Ben Smith
8. Gareth Andrew
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Yorkshire

1. Jacques Rudolph
2. Herschelle Gibbs
3. Andrew Gale*
4. Jonathan Bairstow?
5. Anthony McGrath
6. Joe Sayers
7. David Wainwright
8. Adil Rashid
9. Clint McKay
10. John Blain
11. Oliver Hannon-Dalby

Toss:

Yorkshire won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Yorkshire - 187 for 5 (20 overs)

Jonathan Bairstow 98* (50)
Andrew Gale 45 (33)

Matthew Mason 2-30 (4)

Worcestershire - 165 for 5 (20 overs)

Vikram Solanki 84 (54)
Steven Smith 33 (19)
Alex Kervezee 27 (28)

Clint McKay 4-18 (4)

Result:

Yorkshire win by 22 runs

Yorkshire 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Clint McKay (4 for 18 off 4 overs)

Reaction:

The difference between the two teams was Clint McKay, we were able to take apart all their other bowlers, but he was actually unplayable. If his 4 overs had gone for 40 runs, the match would have been a tie.

Vikram Solanki finally showed some form, and Steven Smith played a good cameo knock, but our bowlers really lost us the match. Everyone except Matthew Mason went for over 8.5 runs an over, including Steven Smith who went for 35 off three overs, while Sanath Jayasuriya was our second best bowler going for 34 runs off his 4 overs.

A decent effort in our first T20 match of the season, but still a lot of work to be done.

Two matches a day or not? I'll go play my game shortly, need to finish before the cricket starts :)

4th June 2010
Twenty Over Cup - group match

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Sanath Jayasuriya
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Vikram Solanki*?
4. Steven Smith
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Moeen Ali
7. Ben Smith
8. Imran Arif
9. Gareth Andrew
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Yorkshire

1. Jacques Rudolph
2. Herschelle Gibbs
3. Andrew Gale*
4. Jonathan Bairstow?
5. Joe Sayers
6. David Wainwright
7. Ajmal Shahzad
8. Adil Rashid
9. Tim Bresnan
10. Steven Patterson
11. Clint McKay

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bowl first

Yorkshire - 192/2

Andrew Gale 94* (59)
Jonathan Bairstow 54* (31)

Matthew Mason 2/20 (4)

Worcestershire - 121/7

Daryl Mitchell 48 (39)
Steven Smith 41 (31)

Clint McKay 3/16 (4)
Ajmal Shahzad 2/12 (4)

Yorkshire win by 71 runs

Yorkshire 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Andrew Gale (94* off 59 balls)

Comments:

Who gives a ████. It is T20. I'm not writing up any comments for this crap form of the game.

Hedger just seems so grumpy compared to CG and Chewie. Love reading the stuff by the others.

4th June 2010
Twenty Over Cup - Group Match

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Phil Jacques
3. Moeen Ali
4. Steven Smith
5. Imran Arif
6. Vikram Solanki*
7. Alex Kervezee
8. Joe Leach
9. Ben Cox ?
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Yorkshire

1. Jacques Rudolph
2. Andrew Gale*
3. Anthony McGrath
4. Jonathan Bairstow
5. David Wainwright
6. Ajmal Shahzad
7. Adil Rashid
8. Gerard Brophy?
9. Tim Bresnan
10. Ryan Harris
11. Clint McKay

Experimenting slightly with the lineup here. Smith comes in as our second overseas player, while Arif gets a promotion as a pinch hitter. Leach also comes into the side as we don't need Wheeldon's spin any more. 3 players are making their T20 debuts. Their bowling attack looked incredibly strong, but their batting didn't, with Wainwright at 5 and Shahzad at 6. Hopefully we can exploit this.

I lost the toss and was forced to bat first. Because of their bowlers, I was not expecting to score a huge total. This was reflected in Mitchell perishing for a first ball duck. Jaques also managed a golden duck, and we were in trouble, with the first over not over. The over ended with Smith caught at silly mid on for a duck. He had managed to survive 4 balls however. The next over Ali fell for the highest score so far of 5, which wasn't hard when the other batsmen had all gotten zero. Solanki and Arif managed to combine to get some runs on the board, but Arif was eventually bowled for 14(10). When Solanki fell for 16(10), we were 39/6 after 7.3 overs. It would be amazing if we managed to bat out 15 overs, let alone 20. Once Harris and McKay were taken off, Leach and Kervezee began to come out of their shells a bit, before Leach was out LBW to Wainwright. Kervezee held tight however, before unleashing himself on Shahzad, hitting four 4s in one over. He was out adjudged LBW to a marginal call the next over however. We were eventually dismissed on the last ball of the innings for 114. It was a terrible batting display against some terrific bowling from the Australian imports Harris and McKay.

The first over began reasonably well, with Gale run out off the last ball. We couldn't rely on run outs to get us wickets however, and our bowlers needed to step up if we wanted to win. Rudolph was in imperious form however, driving off the back foot with ease. Arif managed to bowl McGrath, with Smith accounting for Bairstow in the next over, and a small window of opportunity opened up for us. Wainwright combined well with Rudolph however as they took the game away from us, eventually winning by 7 wickets with 20 balls to spare.

It was a terrible performance all around from us, as we had to rebuild from the very first ball. There were no positives to take away from this match, and hopefully we can compete better in the future.

63599734.png

Yorkshire win by 7 wickets

Users who are viewing this thread