Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Believe it was about 20 or so pages ago I said shopto can be trusted with their info. But no, you all went running to game! It was also about 10 pages ago I said game will change their date to the 11th. But no, you all still went with game!
In the words of lee1981......."we will get the game on the 11th, knobs"!

I went to game on day one soooo MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :) got ?40 on a gift card so that's my reason ;)

i certainly don't like the sound of "aiming"... since they were "aiming" for 4th.

apparently they were "close" to simultaneous ww release on boxing day, then had three months to sort it out, and still couldn't do it. immensely frustrating.

also, very hard to understand how you're able to get the info from Alternative Software (and since you were right about Game pushing back from 4th to 1th, no reason to disbelieve you) but neither they nor TruBlu/HES will make an official announcement.

again, just so frustrating.

The reason I was able to get info is because help run a football website (BRFCS | Blackburn Rovers FC Supporters Community and Fan Site. By the fans, for the fans since 1996) we have an online shop and were going to stock the game as big interest within our registered member. We have done similar with certain other games so made contact with Alternative.

However we have decided not to, mainly because in the absence of a fixed date we can't take orders (with members paying the full amount upfront) and the find a further delay to the game. We'd really get it the neck from our members if we did that.

You are making an assumption that April 11th will remain the release date. How can you be so sure cometh April 8th and Tru Blu, or whoever is the god-forsaken UK distributor of this game, will not pick up the phone and tell retailers to push the release date by a week? ;)

At this point, as my signature says "Seeing is believing" and I have no faith in Tru Blu. I will believe it when the game is in my hands. Period.

well i agree, tbh. i am even boring myself so i can only imagine how everyone else feels but what the hell i'll repeat it again: for six months the line from @Ross has been not to believe retailers, we'll hear from the publisher.

now the publisher refuses to tell us a thing, so i find it difficult to believe 100% the retailers. a small part of me wouldn't be surprised to see a more significant delay in the Uk release, but i hope not.

the whole thing is just immensely frustrating, and terribly poorly handled.

Last edited:
If it is going to be the 11th then shopto will 90% get it to me on the 10th. But its going to take me a few days at least to master these new controls.

I know everyone is well versed in batting by now but bowling is going to be piss poor on the 1st few days of release :lol

You are making an assumption that April 11th will remain the release date. How can you be so sure cometh April 8th and Tru Blu, or whoever is the god-forsaken UK distributor of this game, will not pick up the phone and tell retailers to push the release date by a week? ;)

At this point, as my signature says "Seeing is believing" and I have no faith in Tru Blu. I will believe it when the game is in my hands. Period.

That's what i am thinking too. There might be a chance it will get delayed further. I know ross said we will get it by 11th for sure but ross himself said before he tends to believe what he is told by trublu and i simply don't trust trublu at this stage.

UK customers clearly arent a priority and given Tru Blu's track record, I wouldn't bank on 11/4. They're already backtracking on that date.

I think the best way of ensuring delivery speedy delivery is to import from Australia/India.

That's what i am thinking too. There might be a chance it will get delayed further. I know ross said we will get it by 11th for sure but ross himself said before he tends to believe what he is told by trublu and i simply don't trust trublu at this stage.

Yup and I'm thinking of getting it from Australia (mighty ape). If Tru Blu is treating UK market in such a fashion, do you really think North American retailers will get any information in the near future?

@cricket_online was there an answer from @Ross on the BLES/BLAS code thing for getting DLC in future?

it's basically not economical to get the game overnighted from India* but I am making enquiries in my company regarding who is travelling from india next week/early the week after.

*well, depends on the weight really... you basically by a new game for every 1kg being shipped.

Oh my word! This thread is absolutely priceless. Over 100 pages is unbelievable, having read through most of it you could fit all of the worthwhile comments into about 5 pages at most.

Yes, everyone wants to get their hands on the game and see if it is as good as we all hope it will be but lets have some perspective. It is a game at the end of the day, whether you have to wait a week or two to play it who cares? We have been waiting for a decent cricket game for years, a couple of weeks isn't going to matter.

As for Big Ant, a lot of the comments in here are way over the top and generally ill informed in respect of how they have handled the situation. You won't get many game developers that give as much time and information to their community of fans. Take EA and the Fifa series as an example of how it shouldn't be done.

Anyway, this is my first reply in this thread. I will be buying the game because I see it as an investment in Big Ant. Hopefully DBC14 will be the start of a great series of games. After all, us cricket fans deserve it. :)

@cricket_online was there an answer from @Ross on the BLES/BLAS code thing for getting DLC in future?

it's basically not economical to get the game overnighted from India* but I am making enquiries in my company regarding who is travelling from india next week/early the week after.

*well, depends on the weight really... you basically by a new game for every 1kg being shipped.

Just curious, why are we still doing the @Ross thing??

Yup no criticism of Big Ant or Ross. Their job was to make the game, once it is handed over to the Tru Blue then they have little or no control over it's distribution.

Users who are viewing this thread