Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

ross has always said he wanted a Simultaneous worldwide release, so probably something out of there control.

Yeah: I think simultaneous release was always the plan. given Ross's constant hints that it WOULD be here on the 4th.

Although he confirmed that "ensuring that no-one in the UK could get information on release date, availability or pricing was a "strategy"" and that "when you know the facts it was a perfectly reasonable move that worked" that *doesn't* indicate that they intended a delayed release: just that the strategy was to keep it unknown in that press release.

Given that IF it comes out on the 11th, it is up against what may well be the biggest 360 release in this half of the year, I can't imagine that it was planned originally, but given the retailers all changing their dates now, it looks increasingly likely at this stage.

Yeah: I think simultaneous release was always the plan. given Ross's constant hints that it WOULD be here on the 4th.

Although he confirmed that "ensuring that no-one in the UK could get information on release date, availability or pricing was a "strategy"" and that "when you know the facts it was a perfectly reasonable move that worked" that *doesn't* indicate that they intended a delayed release: just that the strategy was to keep it unknown in that press release.

Given that IF it comes out on the 11th, it is up against what may well be the biggest 360 release in this half of the year, I can't imagine that it was planned originally, but given the retailers all changing their dates now, it looks increasingly likely at this stage.

True, but i can't see it being the 11th either.. I feel their initial intention was for everywhere on 3rd 4th but something has happened in which they did not see coming and had to re-evaluate UK date.

Ross had said last week that copies including steel books were on their way to UK, and I don't disbelieve that, but I don't understand why the release couldn't have been 4th, are we supposed to think that despite stock being here, we can't have it!! Are trublu waiting to get a large stockpile before they allow sales to go through! Ultimately we are all goin to get it from somewhere so sales shouldn't be affected but companies that have agreed to sell the game will lose out due to UK people importing rather than waiting! I must admit it winds me up a bit that countries that hardly play the sport are getting it before the nation that invented it! It blew my Game having an exclusivity deal outta the water anyway!

Ross had said last week that copies including steel books were on their way to UK, and I don't disbelieve that, but I don't understand why the release couldn't have been 4th, are we supposed to think that despite stock being here, we can't have it!! Are trublu waiting to get a large stockpile before they allow sales to go through! Ultimately we are all goin to get it from somewhere so sales shouldn't be affected but companies that have agreed to sell the game will lose out due to UK people importing rather than waiting! I must admit it winds me up a bit that countries that hardly play the sport are getting it before the nation that invented it! It blew my Game having an exclusivity deal outta the water anyway!

I aint importing it, getting it from GAME. Just hope the wait isn't too long.

no one's going to import it if its going to cost ?60+shipping as I'm seeing in other threads. ?40 is bad enough for games; never mind 50% more than that!

The 11th is still where I am for the release: it makes sense releasing it on a Friday rather than a Monday. The whole thing is still v dumb though; it looks incompetent and that's not going to encourage UK people to buy the game...

I aint importing it, getting it from GAME. Just hope the wait isn't too long.

Me too I'm not cancelling my pre order in the hope Ross was right when he guessed some steel books will be goin to Game!!

Could the lack of official release info mean that retailers like game,shopto will be able to dispatch it as soon as they get the stock, as long as its after the 3/4th? Ross has already said they were aiming for a worldwide release, could it be the delay until the 11th is for the shipment to get through customs etc?

I must admit it winds me up a bit that countries that hardly play the sport are getting it before the nation that invented it!

not only that, I've heard the menu's and commentaries are in english.

it's all take, take, take.

(I've argued people on here deserve some courtesies and the like, but that might be taking it a bit too far)

Could the lack of official release info mean that retailers like game,shopto will be able to dispatch it as soon as they get the stock, as long as its after the 3/4th? Ross has already said they were aiming for a worldwide release, could it be the delay until the 11th is for the shipment to get through customs etc?

Well ShopTo always send out games as soon as they get them in so If you order with them then you will almost certainly get the game early, as for GAME i'm not sure as I've never ordered from them.

If the reason for the later release is indeed customs, its amazing this country will hold up a cricket game whilst allowing thousands of illegal immigrants aswell as copious amounts of Colombian marching powder in without a fuss!!!

If the reason for the later release is indeed customs, its amazing this country will hold up a cricket game whilst allowing thousands of illegal immigrants aswell as copious amounts of Colombian marching powder in without a fuss!!!

Daily Mail???:spy:p

It is obviously utterly ridiculous that there is no UK date at this point. If we're not careful the AC13 release will begin to look competent by comparison.
All the more frustrating considering that we know the product is good.

It is obviously utterly ridiculous that there is no UK date at this point. If we're not careful the AC13 release will begin to look competent by comparison.

Woah! Don't say that, please. It'll get responded to by, "we aren't owed anything/you British are way overreacting - we wouldn't do that/it's only a game noobs", type answers which I cannot be arsed reading.

And that is the saving grace, bigant have done their job very well, the game looks great, although since trublu have been calling the shots we haven't seen too much. It doesn't make any sense to me what's happening (or not happening) with the UK market. We don't know all the factors behind it but what kinda strategy is this? There is no competition for DB14,so do nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread