Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

If it's any consolation, the clocks go forward tonight so we'll be 1 hour closer to playing DBC! :cheers

I don't know if this is any use, I imagine I'm fairly late, but I emailed GAME two-three days ago now and they emailed me back today. This is what they said.

Hi Louis,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the release date for Don Bradman Cricket 14 is 11/04/2014.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Rebecca W

The Team at GAME.

After seeing that Wikipedia (although it's not the most reliable website on the web) have changed the release date in the UK to 14th April, I really hope this is the case with game.

And bad business is bad business.

I'm not going to go on about this; just genuinely astounded that after having been away for a week and with the official release happening next week that the release for the UK market is still TBA.

Yep, they probably should have added some weeks and said May to make sure they hit their dates as then everyone would be happy.

----------

If it's any consolation, the clocks go forward tonight so we'll be 1 hour closer to playing DBC! :cheers

our go back! better import it from somewhere else to get it two hours earlier :eek:

better import it from somewhere else to get it two hours earlier

And there it is people, confirmation that the game is releasing on the 11th in the UK ;)

Yep, they probably should have added some weeks and said May to make sure they hit their dates as then everyone would be happy.

It's not about hitting dates; it's about providing information. Something you were rightly critical of AC13 for not doing.

In truth I think you're even more frustrated and annoyed than we are but it's out of your hands and you're not about to publicly criticise Tru Blu.

You're starting to sound a lot like Christmas @blockerdave

Pretty sure we've heard this tune well enough... Turns out Singapore gets the game before anyone. A nation not exactly known for it's love of the Don or Cricket... I find that hilarious.

The Fonz and the Furious 3: Singapore Drift

It's not about hitting dates; it's about providing information. Something you were rightly critical of AC13 for not doing.

In truth I think you're even more frustrated and annoyed than we are but it's out of your hands and you're not about to publicly criticise Tru Blu.

I disagree, I have given more information than AC13 by far. There were no in-progress screenshots or videos of AC13 because..... well we know why don't we....

The way I see it the less information along the way and less projection of dates would have saved the angst. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Larger games hit their dates by projecting a large gap between the finish of the game and the release, and sometimes even they don't get it right, Driveclub, GTAV, Watchdogs, etc.... There was pressure to release this game in the next Australian summer so as to have a more orderly release and campaign, I am glad that I was able to negotiate past that.

The bottom line is that this game will be in peoples hands in the shortest time that it could be managed.

Comparisons to AC13 are just crazy. If they had the 3 day notice Steam release, but released preview videos, screenshots, had multiple gaming websites play it early, etc. - few would be complaining about them not providing information pre-release. A lack of relevant info for making the purchasing decision is very different to having a lack of release information.

Yes they should have a date in the UK - but they aren't in the realm of AC13 in any respect.

The only thing I don't get is why the steelbooks are a pre-order bonus when the UK release hasn't been targeted around building up pre-orders. I'd have just sold it as a special edition.

Comparisons to AC13 are just crazy. If they had the 3 day notice Steam release, but released preview videos, screenshots, had multiple gaming websites play it early, etc. - few would be complaining about them not providing information pre-release. A lack of relevant info for making the purchasing decision is very different to having a lack of release information.

Yes they should have a date in the UK - but they aren't in the realm of AC13 in any respect.

The only thing I don't get is why the steelbooks are a pre-order bonus when the UK release hasn't been targeted around building up pre-orders. I'd have just sold it as a special edition.

I would have agreed with that a couple of weeks ago, however the demand in the UK has been very strong to the point that the Steelbooks in the UK will have all been taken up by sometime this week.

Not really, I read the post literally :)

Users who are viewing this thread